Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

I think I posted this recipe before for you guys, something my Granny makes & she gave to me.. sooo good, and I am picky (duh) with food, so I get to change it to how I like it. Original recipe has potatoes in it (yuck) and she uses kielbasa, but I made this weekend with brats because it's the only sausage-like meat I had.

Cook meat (some sort of link sausage cut into bite size pieces, kielbasa, italian sausage, etc.), drain. She said set the meat aside, but I left it in. This is where you add 1.5c chicken broth, potatoes cut up (if you use them) and cut up carrots.. I added canned carrots and no potatoes.. so didn't need to let it cook long to get soft.. Then add 1.5c milk & 1c shredded cheddar. Let it get hot, but not boil. Add parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper. Sounds really simple, but it is SO YUMMY. I serve it will dill weed sprinkled all over the top (even better).

Oh and I did get the ingredients to make the ham & chz Soup, so I plan to make that sometime this week. I bought some bag of cubed ham meat.

....no, i was kidding michelle. Besides, this is a total BREEZE compared to the logistics of the last trip!

Michelle - why don't you coordinate food/cooking. That's not my thang.

Since I'm not paying for room & board, I'll buy some veggie & fruit trays (and some other random snacks) and bring down in my car.

Since I'm not paying for room & board, I'll buy some veggie & fruit trays (and some other random snacks) and bring down in my car.

What is this veggie fruit tray crap??? We need chips and salsa!!! Kidding...or am I?

You want me to coordinate food/cooking? Ok, here goes:

The Violet who is least inebriated (Judy) goes out & purchases 1 brisket dinner & brings it back & we all share it.

Voila.

Really... coordinating drinks will be harder than coordinating FOOD!

(Just joshin' gals... I'll be happy to coordinate food & cooking... my fav things... which is why I ended up meeting ya'll in the first place!! :thumbdown:)

Hi guys

quick work check in. What a day! That is all i can say, changing Temp agencies because of the payroll mess i've been having and it is a nightmare.

On a happy note, I was told by my company this morning they appreciate me so much they are paying me for the week that I had to take off for being in the hospital. OMG. I'm paying for the trip with it... Totally unexpected and will be a total of 5 days so it is a full paycheck! I'm so happy

anyway - bbl

Hope everyone has a great day

HI PAMELA

Michelle-

that was funny - I can't believe that Terry and I pulled that off... what was it $40 to feed 10 people...dinner?

The website for the place says there's shops & restaurants nearby.. not sure what, anytime I've ever been to Guntersville Lake it was for summer camp and we were in cabins in the middle of nowhere with no signs of any shops or restaurants lol.

It also says Cathedral Caverns is nearby, which is actually pretty cool if anyone's intersted

http://www.alapark.com/CathedralCaverns/

Thanks Laura

It is that time for planning

You all know where I stand with Water - so I am very interested in boat rental type stuff

Hi folks :cursing:

No healing miracle happened. My "new" chiro did x-rays and the electrodes but no adjustment until he reviews the x-rays. I go back tomorrow for that part...UGH. I am gonna go take a pill and lay down.

Oh, I am not driving 12 HOURS!! I thought it was closer than that. I will just fly in.

The website for the place says there's shops & restaurants nearby.. not sure what, anytime I've ever been to Guntersville Lake it was for summer camp and we were in cabins in the middle of nowhere with no signs of any shops or restaurants lol.

It also says Cathedral Caverns is nearby, which is actually pretty cool if anyone's intersted

Alabama State Parks

ummmmmmmmm the people on the video talk funny.

hee hee hee!

Laura... are there any spas for manis/pedis/massages anywhere near there? Pretty much that & just hanging w/ya'll are all I'd enjoy... aahhhhhhh...

hee hee hee!

Laura... are there any spas for manis/pedis/massages anywhere near there? Pretty much that & just hanging w/ya'll are all I'd enjoy... aahhhhhhh...

Not for me thank you...i wanna squeeze on that new baby!

LOL! No rum balls for the 2 month old! Wait till he's at least 1 before you go sneaking him his first alcohol!

Uhm.. not sure about spas, I was really surprised about there being restaurants and shops honestly.. it's really out in the wilderness.. very peaceful, but not full of high society things--like spas!

(Although plenty of kelp & mud in the river, you can coat yourself.. for free!)