Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Good evening, Violets..

Been REALLY busy getting ready for the baby shower tomorrow plus having Ethan for 8-9 hours every day. It's wearing me out!! Thanks for the text Tracy. I'm not avoiding the site.. just really busy.

I've done really, really well on my eating. I'm back to how I was when I was first banded. Haven't had any sugar for almost a week now and have been lo-carbing it as well. I made 2 dozen cupcakes for the shower and I didn't even lick the spoon. I made Cinnamon candy Apple salad and didn't eat a single red hot candy. Now that's really something for me!! We're having Soups, breads, salads and cupcakes at the shower. I should be fine with the Soup and some salads. Just have to avoid the cupcakes.

Jenn.. I'm SO PROUD of you hitting your -100#!!! I remember when you thought your band wasn't working for you. What a difference a year (or two) makes! Can't wait to see pics in your new skinny jeans.

I'm waiting for Ethan's daddy to get here and pick him up so the Bobster and I can go out to eat. I'm hungry for fish!

Shower tomorrow and I'm going to crash afterwards. Don't send the flying monkeys after me.. Alllll be back!!

Hey all.

Haydee, I love the clothes. You have the most wonderful taste in clothing (and friends). I've already tried on a couple and will finish going thru all of them in the morning.

My friend Mary came over and we went to lunch at 54th St. Bar & Grill. Had the Soup & salad. Very Yummy. We than took doggie for a mile walk and than came back to the house. She didn't leave for 4 more hours. I love her dearly but that is her worst trait. Not knowing when to leave. We did have a good time though.

Michelle, keeping my fingers crossed for Mo. I hope all works out for both of you.

Janie, So sorry for your nephew. Seems like a long sentence for something that they know he didn't intentionally do. Hopefully his appeal will go by fast.

Everyone have a great weekend.

Thanks again everyone

Jane - ((((HUGS))))

I'm waiting for DD to get home, she went to a game with her friends and is dog sitting and has to let the them out. I'm exhausted and have to work in the am.

Well, i went online and looked up info on the Menninger Clinic which is one of the best....6-8 week program.....$1050 per DAY!! So, that's out. I did get his psych appt moved up to Tuesday rather than the 27th and also made an appt with a 'talk therapist' for Thursday.

I went to see a girlfriend tonight and was giving her an update on Evan. Spewing it all out like that in one long timeline I realize he has had a VERY difficult past four months....he's had TEN fairly major negative events happen, any one of which is really enough to make him crater. So the fact that he is cratering now shouldn't surprise me!! He's going to stay with me for a few weeks and I'm going to keep him propped up as best I can. I think I can do a little better job of it than his dad....they just are too much alike and lock horns a lot lately. Evan and I get along really well for the most part and always have. He'll be okay and will get through this...but getting him to believe that is not easy. :grouphug:

Terri~ Sending you and ds purple power to get through this. I do not have any wise words of wisdom to offer, only a shoulder and an ear! xoxoxoxo

Judy~ Have fun at the shower! What an exciting time!

Michelle~ Moi??? I think I have a busy but kinda boring life. I go to bed sooo early. BUT...YOU SHOULD COME SEE ME SOON!!! ALL THE VIOLETS ARE INVITED, ANYTIME! IT IS GONNA BE CLOSE TO 80 DEGREES ON TUESDAY!

I am pooped. Gonna try to play a game of scrabble before I hit the hay!

Sleep well!

I live vicariously through you Pam and you're so well spoken, I'm sure you'd do great on the panel!!!!

Seriously, who has ever seen a bad picture of Haydee!?

Congrats Judy on 1 week no sugar, it seems so easy in theory, in fact I went out with my friends tonight and everyone is talking about shedding some pounds and food addictions, and I mentioned.. if you can just go a few days sugar-free, your body snaps out of it. I know this, but I don't do it. A few days seems like so long, although we all know it's not. I commend anyone for going through it (even though we all go through it on & off).

I'm not sugar free today. I did stop by Kroger and buy a fruit plate & veggie plate and some other healthy Snacks. I really don't like munching on these things, but lately they're in my rotation of cravings (Can't complain about that).

Oh Tracy, I e-mailed you the website.. from the looks of it, Wal-Mart gets 'in stock' with a few consoles every hour, then goes out of stock within 15 minutes, repeat the next hour. So if you keep an eye on it, Wal-Mart is where we ended up finding it in that time frame.

And, Wal-Mart is one of the few places that sell it at the normal price.. (not some jacked up price).

Morning gals

Pamela - I'm still trying to get out your way, looks like might be between xmas and new year so we can do the rose bowl parade - my aunt is a few blocks off the route and really wants us there. SO... I may come visit and let them do their crazy stuff with my aunt... 2 weeks of them might be a bit much.

I will know within the next week, but i'm 100% sure that when i get back from our trip on Monday, I'm unpacking, and then packing real quick and we are leaving for Wildwood NJ the next morning with the family and going to stay until 7/5

I'm going to be starting a new job so I figured instead of having to take 2 vacations just take 1 long week. I've found if it is alredy booked and told upfront people are ok with it. shoot, i worked 2 days and then went to TX... LOL

I think I've slowed down, still holding 197 today, which i'm thrilled about, but didn't go down, i know i didn't drink enough yesterday it was too cold to keep running to the potty.

Hope you all have a good day, unfortunately i'm heading out to work in a few - such a long drive for a short day but that is ok

Good Morning, my pretties!~~

Up @ 6 w/a crying cat... he wants out of the bathroom & I don't blame him... he's unhappily quarantined in our bathroom as now he has the opposite problem from Constipation & its associated back-end mess in his fur... lovely. AND I'm supposed to give him another enema today! Lucky me! My plan is to keep him in there for today, then tomorrow give him a much-needed bath & if he cleans up ok, then let him back out into the general population. Ai yai yai!

Other than that (as if there's time for anything else!) it's just regular stuff.

Judy... ENJOY the shower today! Take lots of pics for us to see!! (oh, & I guess for your own memories sake, too, yeah...)

((Janie))

((Terri)) Sending you my purple power, as well... wish I could do more... or knew more... but am always here for you... so rant, rave, vent... we can take it!

Pam... We're supposed to be on the rain/ice/snow line today w/a winter storm. Hmmm 80s or 30s... which would I choose...??? Watch out or I will end up on your doorstep one day! & I'll bring fresh pumpkin bread! :cool:

Suzie... Sounds like a lovely day w/your friend... she just must love being w/you so doesn't want the time together to end!

Hi Tracy, Tracy, Haydee, Kat, Larua & Jen!!

Make it a great day!

Morning Girls,

Up and trying to get my butt moving. I'll be leaving here soon to go to Curves for my workout. Than I have a full day. One of those things is going with the nextdoor neighbor to her sons Baketball game at the high school.

Pam, you better quit tempting all of us. You may be surprised sometime with a knock on the door and us all standing there in our shorts and t-shirts waitng for the Margi's

Terri, Hugs to you.

TrackyK, Keeping fingers crossed you neck gets better.

Michelle, We Frontlined all 3 kitties last night and they are still mad this morning. They can't figure out why we aren't petting them.

I was laying in bed this morning thinking to myself how I haven't had the best last 4months with my weight loss. I actually gained 4 pounds in that amount of time. But I thought to myself that had I not had my Band, that that lost of 4 would certainly would have been a 40 pound weight gain. I've seen this happen before, lose to only gain it back faster. I Love my Band.

Everyone have a great day.

Good morning, Violets..

I'm dressed and getting ready to do my hair and put on my make up so I'm ready for the shower. Leaving in an hour so I can check on last minute details before everyone arrives at noon. The Bobster is the official photographer so I have my fingers crossed for some good pictures. It snowed here last night. We got a couple of inches of the blow away, fluffy stuff, nothing heavy or wet, thank goodness. I figure we'll have 50-55 at the shower. I hope we have enough food!!!

Everyone have a great day and I'll check in this evening.

Jenn???? You're leaving your house til July? And you're just getting the kitchen done??? New job??? When did this all happen? Did I miss a post or two or twelve??

I skipped a bunch of posts because I'm getting ready to head out the door............ I'm going to my support group meeting today and bringing Robby with me again since my mom is in Denver.....

I did well yesterday.... LC

the lunch (mexican)

dinner ( meat from a mcdonalds cheese burger ) and 3 of Robby's chicken nuggets

My friend fixed papa murphy's pizza and I had the will power to just eat the toppings off 2 pc and throw the crust away.. (meatlovers)

I had two very weak crystal light/vodka drinks........ I STAYED LC all day.. even though I could of eaten the bad things, I had the willpower to keep to my plan..

I woke up to 186.2 so I'm happy.

OK gotta go

Good morning violets!

I slept good, drug induced, but at least I slept good! I am stiff this morning, so I am having my coffee and an icepack. Part of me wants to get up and get busy and maybe some of the kinks will work out...the other part of me is scared it may make it worse.

Has anyone ever seen the capri sun (kids drink in a pouch with a straw included) commercial where there are 2 kids drinking Capri Sun and when they are done they are playing games with the pouch like kicking it around or blowing the pouch full of air and shooting the straw out of it....anyway, at the end of the commercial there is this funny sounding mans voice screaming "respect the pouch, RESPECT IT". Anywho...dh and I went out to eat @ Lubys and I 'listened to my pouch' when I felt full and I stopped and I told dh that I was retraining myself to listen to the pouch then I hollered out "respect the pouch, RESPECT IT"...he almost shot coke out of his nose...

Those of you that may have seen that commercial will lol @ that one. OR...maybe I just crack myself up:lol:. Anyway, that is my new slogan...

Anyway, have a great day violets! Make healthy choices and...RESPECT IT!! :cool: