Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

I was just looking at our trip on Tracy's blog.

man i have to tan, no wonder why everyone is telling me I'm pasty, I usually only go 1 time a week in the winter but have not cared about anything since about August - i could blend in with the snow!

Jenn you have every right in the world to be totallt proud of the weight accomplishments as well as the new attitude!!!

As for the guy---you need one who fits into your life, and you fit into his, not one you have to give up family and friends for, anymore than you expect him to give his up. Afterall the family and friends have formed you into the person you are....so if he doesn't like them or get along with them, there is going to be a problem!!! So far sounds like he is adaptable!!!!

Terry, so sorry you are dealing with son in these issues. I have no advice for you, only wish I was close enough to give you a hug and provide assitance in some way.

If you ask him as an 'adult' how he would want you to respond, how do you think he would answer?

My brother has disabilities similar to what Jenn says Kev has, due to his accident as well, and I know we walk on eggshells around him, we never know what the right thing to do is. Do we cater to him and his wishes, or not.....I feel for you, and can only imagine it in my child. I don't have those issues with the kids..... only lack of brains completely on occasion. With a side of total insensitivity. Grandkids are sooooo much easier!

We have Rick's company party tomorrow night, have no idea what to wear....thought about getting my hair cut, but with layoff talk, think I will wait. First to go will be middle management, and guess where we fall?! Think we will be on a serious spending diet just in case....scary!

He has had a recent job offer, he might actually consider it now.

His company has received such a horrible reputation, and now the "in" connection is going out of office, so it might well be the end of his job. He has good skills, and should not have issues finding a job, but finding one he walks in making what he does now, and not physically doing more than he does now, is not likely!

Well I am off to get Kinsey some lunch.....will check in on all of you later.

Jane, any news on the tests yet???

Kat

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Jenn!!!!!!

Terry, if you figure it out let me know so I can pass it on to my mom. That's how she is with my sister, she coddles her because playing tough turns into suicide attempts and blah blah. But warm wishes anyway, wish everyone could just get their crap together!

Michelle, I'm with you!! Gracie is on Mo's path and I don't know what to think. The vet said if she didn't poop yesterday (After the 2nd payment of $300) they need to hospitalize her, etc. So yesterday I forced vaseline down her throat. I read it helps as a laxative, and sometimes cats will eat it--not mine. So I made her eat it, I can't afford (literally) to take her back to the vet, not even one more time. We've spent 2 paychecks in 1 week on her and her blocked upness. They haven't told us to do enimas at home, but I read online about it.. really hope we don't have to go that route. They gave us antibiotics, anti-nausea meds, and said to give her Pepcid. I did what I could yesterday, she foamed at the mouth for an hour to get rid of the antibiotic (DH got pill form, he didn't realize liquid would have been so...much...easier). I also fed her liquid from a tuna can. She won't eat or touch her Water, which I'm sure your vet has told you makes it worse!! I am NOT paying more money cause she won't drink her water. Ugh. But yeah, I've been fretting, I literally don't know what to do.. can't afford to keep going to the vet, and they didn't solve it.

Good news is there was 2 poop piles in the litterbox last night, so I think they both went.. and she did not vomit this morning as she normally does.. but she still looks sick, like she doesn't feel good.

Oh here's my impressive piehole report..

-Hot chocolate w/water for b'fsat

-went to tgif's and I got 1/2 rack of ribs, they were gross so I just ate my fries w/ketchup & mayo.. and then got a cheesecake to go (which is gone now)

-water!

Edited by FairyFacade

CONGRATULATIONS JENN!!!!!!!!!

Michelle, tough thing with MO! A traveling vet? I take Miralax, could you maybe mix some of that up in the Water? There really is no taste

I did NOT LOSE 9 pounds, I will change my ticker!!

Just got back from final sentancing on trial. Very sad, they took Ryan away in handcuffs. The judge did say he was overwhelmed by all the letters written (Thanks Michelle). It was very sad, and an appeal is in the works. My poor Aunt and Uncle will be lost, not to mention his wife.

Hahahaha, Russ & I have been trying to keep an eye out for Wii & Wii Fit (since that's my Xmas present but no one has them in stock), and he found a website that updates every minute what places have some in stock, and when they go out of stock. Well he told me to bookmark it and check it occasionally, so I just opened it to bookmark it and as of like 2 minutes ago Walmart had some consoles in stock, so we go to order it and we're like racing through the checkout trying to get it. But we did! Got the console for $250 (Some people on ebay and some other site are selling for as much as 1k?!)

Now I'm going to circuit city to buy the wii fit portion.

Can't get in to see my chiro til Monday @ 9AM. So, its drugs & ice til then. At least Macy will be @ moms for the weekend and I can just rest after she leaves this afternoon.

uhhhh Laura will you email me that linkeepooo pls :grouphug:

getting down my 3rd glass of Water (60 oz's)

OH ya.... mom had her first fill in Denver....... she asked how much it was and the dr said.. It' doesn't really matter how much.. my mom said........ oh but my daughter will be bugging me about it ... and you don't KNOW my daughter but its better if you just tell me! LOL

They laughed and he told her "Linda... You have 3 cc's in your band!" So, I'm guessing she has the 10cm band... I have yet to see her id tag for the band.

The good news is .. she weighed in at the docs at 266 (which means she is less at home, nekid, am)

She started at 280.

She went ahead and scheduled her next fill for 02/06/2009 since it would be free.. and she feels good about seeing her own doc.

She may not need any more fills for a while after that.

I'm taking her monthly pics and starting a chart for her.

Edited by TracyinKS

I had such a hard time getting on this afternoon! I was checking every few minutes, LOL.

Thanks for the woot-woot's on my new avatar pic girls. I do like that picture of me. It was taken at my company Christmas party. Juan is in it with me but since he gained a few pounds he hates how he looks in it. He won't let me print it and put it in a frame. First place he gains is in his face, mine is in my gut. I can camoflouge it, LOL.

Terry - sorry you are going through a rough time with Evan. Does anyone know about any theories about how come we are seeing more and more of this nowadays? Is it just because we can now diagnose it and in the past we couldn't? I just feel like I know so many people that are dealing with this in their families. Bi-polar, add, autism, on and on...

Hey Girls~

Have you heard of the Palm Springs Film Festival? Well we bought our tickets to the last night's movie/gala. It is next Sunday the 19th. Should be fun. It is a movie and a party. They have been talking about it for the last two nights on Access Hollywood, the PS Film Festival, so I wasn't sure if you have heard of it or not.

We had an Earthquake last night. It was originally reported as a 5.0, but this morning they said 4.5 centered in San Bernadino, which is 45 min away. I felt is and was moving away from the couch because I didn't want stuff on the wall to fall on my head. Sus was downtown and she did not feel it. Anyway, that was on Good Morning America this am, so I wasn't sure if ya'll heard about it.

I am tired, cranky...and ready to be rid of the chill-ren! I guess the first week kicked my butt a bit, either that or 4 days of waking at 4:30 is. I am proud of us for going 4 days this week, and we will go tomorrow for sure. Sat. are fun cause I double the cardio, abs and weight reps and we are not rushed. Next week, w/ bus duty I will have only 40 min workouts in the morning. We have a min. day Tues and meetings all afternoon...ohh joy!

Also, I don't know if I mentioned it, I applied for the Human Rights Commission and interview w/ the mayor and councilwoman on Mon. That would be cool if I got on. I would love to be involved w/ city politics. Hell, I'd like to be the president. Trouble is, I did inhale...and have many more skeletons in my closet.

OK..the kids are watching a movie on Isreal (yawn) and I am just trying to stay calm the last 20 min of the day. We have a few things to do this afternoon, and a happy hour to attend, as well as registering Sus for her softball tourney at this bar downtown. Not sure if we are staying or just signing up. She said, "I don't want to stay, I'd rather come home, watch the soaps (All My children and Young and the Restless) and cuddle w/ you!" Man I love her!

Have a great night/ weekend!

xoxooxxo

Pam - heard about the earthquake. Didn't realize you were so close to it! What would you be doing on the Human Rights Commission? That sounds almost like Amnesty International, is that right? Hope you and Susanne have a good weekend!

SO...it is not my imagination....Judy is MIA....I just text messaged her. She can run but she can't hide!

Haydee...l love the new pic too :) but do you even have any bad pics of yourself? I doubt it! :grouphug:

Pam, you just lead the MOST interesting life! I love living vicariously through you!! One day I AM coming to visit you!!

Where's Judy today?

Laura, I was overwhelmed w/Mo today. I know what you mean. This is what the vet said (yes, she's a travelling vet... love her!)... Lactulose (liquid med) 3x/day; enema tomorrow, then weekly for awhile; wet food mixed w/extra Water (soupy consistency, we'll see if he eats it); & propulsid (some med that has to come in the mail) don't know yet how many times a day I think it's a pill. She also told me to read the book Dewey the Library Cat, evidently he had this problem & lived to be 19 w/tlc. Good for him.

Right now Mo is living in my bathroom w/his box & water & food & snuggle area as he is having the OPPOSITE issue now & it gets on his backside & then he sits down & leaves spots & I don't need that all over my house. I keep going up & trying to clean him off w/kitty wipes (like kids' wipes, basically) but he's a bit cranky w/folks going near his butt now, & I can't blame him. So he'll stay in there for tomorrow 'til after the enema & then Sun I'll try to give him a bath (MORE CAT FUN!) & we'll see. Phew.

Now I've forgotten my more personals & the oven is beeping so gotta go. BBL, I hope!

Oh Janie, what was the sentence, if you don't mind my asking? E-mail me if you'd rather...

Oh Janie, what was the sentence, if you don't mind my asking? E-mail me if you'd rather...

OK, so I am not the only inquiry mind that wants to know. :grouphug: