Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Hey Girls~

I am so proud of you all. I planned on starting today, and am already "off" plan. We have an appointment thing that will take a few hours. We are having oatmeal instead of liquids. Susanne is going to do the diet, albeit modified, too! Tonight, we are going to a place called Beer N' Burgers for football (nuf' said). This is why I suck. We are going to try our best...and eat really well, but we will be falling off the wagon often.

And on top of Beer N' Burgers day...we did not go to the gym. We went to a party and had Skyy Vodka Lemon Drops, hot dogs and nachos...hhhummm, why o why?

I am very proud of all my girlies!

Michelle~Don't stress about it! 1. You are the greatest SS as I know that bread was gonna be VERY good.

2. Don't "redo" anything...give it another week. I am sure it will show up! I'll keep you posted. I'll check again this week!

3. I love you!

OK...have a great day!

xoxoxooxxoxoxo

Can't wait till our get together, could use sitting around with hot tea & my V's!!

I found this in the suitcase, Ripley's had a gene machine.. they combine you to show what your kid will look like, we thought it'd be funny to compare one day. Nevermind that we both look like we're in a mugshot, and our "kid" is wearing all black and looks kind of evil?

carsonhehe.jpg

Hi Girlies! I'm BAAACCCCKKKKKK!!!!

Missed ya'll so much!! I was gone for so long it seemed like. We had such a great time these past few weeks. Lots of parties, lots of family, tons of walking. We just got in last night from Leon, Guanajuao. Just barely made it out of bed. I have so much catching up to do and then I have pictures that I want to post and to tell ya'll all about my trip.

Love you girls!!

Thanks Tracy

my neighbor is heading to the store and going to get me broth and carrots, that is all i'm missing. I'm going to dbl the ham, kids will eat it that way too

I need pain meds, i went 8 hrs and think that was way to long

i'm going to nap...

Good afternoon, Violets.

Haydee.. welcome home!!! We've missed you!! You won't recognize TracyK.. she's down 7# and you won't recognize Jenn... she's missing a gall bladder. The rest of us you'll probably remember.

I'm doing well on the 2nd day. I had a glass of chocolate milk for Breakfast and 2 cups of Soup for lunch. I'll have the soup for supper too. It really is great. I don't mind the tofu. I kinda like the texture, but I can imagine kids wouldn't take to it too easily.

Kris and I got the family tree decorations done for the shower. She got a gift in the mail today. It's a Teddy Bear.. but a special one. It's one that comes from the company that made the very first Teddy Bears back in 1909. It's really cute. She also got a CD of baby lullabies. We have 45 people coming to the shower so far and I'm expecting it will end up at 50. We're having soup, salads, breads and cupcakes. I have to get placemats at Gordon foods and then I'll be done with paper products.

Laura.. what a hoot with the picture. Make sure you save it. That would be so interesting to look at years from now.

Off to color with Ethan. Kris and I are babysitting for a little while today.

YAY!! Haydee's back!!! :thumbup: We missed you!!!!!!

I found this in the suitcase, Ripley's had a gene machine.. they combine you to show what your kid will look like, we thought it'd be funny to compare one day. Nevermind that we both look like we're in a mugshot, and our "kid" is wearing all black and looks kind of evil?

carsonhehe.jpg

That is just creepy on SO MANY LEVELS!!!! LOL
Thanks Tracy

my neighbor is heading to the store and going to get me broth and carrots, that is all i'm missing. I'm going to dbl the ham, kids will eat it that way too

I need pain meds, i went 8 hrs and think that was way to long

i'm going to nap...

The tofu is chopped up so fine that I promise you that they will NOT even know it's in there....but doubling the ham will be yummy too!

Yeah, you know they say to "stay ahead of the pain" to control it best....so take your pills as soon as you start to feel uncomfortable. When you're done with 'em, send 'em down to me!!:thumbup:

Finally got my house all undecorated and put away. OH! And while we were doing that Hero snuck out of the garage and RAN AWAY!! Our neighbor kept an eye on the house while we each got in our cars to go look for him! We couldn't find him anywhere for about 20 minutes! Finally our neighbor called and said Hero had come back to the house. We figure he ran into a backyard of a house not far from us that had the gate open....it's next door to the house where he has 3 kitty friends. Talk about PANIC!! But all is well that ends well.

Oh, and by the way....after Day One of my pouch test diet, I GAINED 1/2 pound!! Story of my freakin' life.

Welcome back Haydee---missed you lots girl--but was glad to know you were having a good time!

TracyK---I LOVE it when you get so gung ho! It makes it all seem possible! And knowing that Macy is growing up seeing that strength, same as Kinsey sees in her Mom, it gives me hope for our future!

Which is the exact reason that Jenn needed to move on! Not just for her, but so her kids know that is no way to be treated or to treat people.

I talked with the NP at my surgeons office, and she said the pouch test is something I could do if I wanted, it is a basically healthy jump start to eating the way we should. But that there really is no "testing" my pouch or retraining it to what full is supposed to be, because unless I try to eat a whopper in 2-3 bites, I am not going to feel restriction again until I get a fill. Even a small amount she said would give me the feeling I had for the months between the TT and the intestinal twist thing. So I said find me a spot next week.

Then I wake up this morning to it snowing like crazy! There are some seriously trecherous mountain passes between here and my Dr.'s office.

I have gone 3 days now of not gaining weight! I am not losing but I am not gaining. So, if I have to maybe I can maintain until the roads are passable again. I have never had this be an issue. I was banded in April, and had fills in June and July, then only went in for visits when the weather was good. I did my unfil in April, and even my intestine surgery was in September----so winter has never been an issue til now.....and now, it sucks!

She did say he may be unwilling to do much until I am off the steroids. And she said he HATES steroid treatment......so hoping that is not another road block!

I am getting the remainder of my Christmas down today. Spent the morning in the shop with Rick getting the 3rd wall up....insulation, wrap then a combination of plywood and pegboard. I have never designed a shop before, and this is fun!!!

I have him becoming so organized!! He has separate areas for all his air tools, and for the car needs (oil, brake Fluid etc.) and car related tools--like the oil filter wrench, and steering wheel pullers.

And the front of the shop is half and half, one side is all SAE and the other is all metric! Down the other wall is all motorcycle related. He has all these separate tool boxes...he always had to look inside to find the right one. Now they are marked, one is all electric things, one plumbing etc. And they all sit lined up on his new shelves! With the motorcycle dolly and floor jacks stowed away underneath!!

His wood stove now has a new wood box next to it! It is looking good, just in time for the welder to finish his frame, and he can go full steam ahead on his chopper!

Well Christmas decorations are not cooperating, so I guess it is up to me to actually take them down.....dangit!

Will check in later!!

Kat

I have to take my decorations up to the attic but they came down last week

Terry - i am taking my old drugs - have not even filled the new ones yet

I lost 4 of the 10lbs already, can't wait to see what it ends up being when i get rid of this

my neighbor is getting me carrots and cheese so i can make Soup, i'm actually hungry and want some, either that or i've just been thinking of it all day

all the tax commercials, i can't wait to do mine, i might actually get a return and get my self 100% caught up

Craigslist makin me want to pull my hair out. What is with the nut jobs on there recently?! We got a new TV, so I am GIVING AWAY our old tv. It's 32", works fine (Russ just made me get the new tv). Not even selling, just whoever can come pick it up. Got 7 responses in an hour. First guy, I told him I have to get it out of the house (it's big and in the middle of the floor now) and if he could come get it at noon today. He said yes, I said if you change your mind please let me know so I can contact one of the other people (meanwhile I let them all know someone already asked about it, but I'd let them know if he backed out). Anyway, 1pm comes, still no sign.. so I called the guy, he said he got busy with something, he's going to call his uncle who will call me and come get it. 2 more hours pass, so I call him back and he says he lost my number and was calling his uncle right now. Uncle calls me and says "You have a tv?" and I tell him yes, he asks the brand blah blah, I tell him and he starts talking about how TV's don't sell like they use to because of the economy and all kinds of random crap. I said.. I'm not selling it, it's FREE. He goes, well I just left Madison (my city) and I don't know if I want to come back. What the hell?! So I'm like, OK but it'd be nice in the future if you let people know these things in advance. Meanwhile, I emailed all other 6 people and said whoever can pick it up today it's theirs and left my number for whoever to call me.

GARRRRRR..

my neighbor is getting me carrots and cheese so i can make Soup, i'm actually hungry and want some, either that or i've just been thinking of it all day

me too! I am not even doing the 5 day thingy and the soup sounds so good it makes me wanna run out and buy the stuff to make some!!

Good evening, Violets.

Just finished my second meal of Soup for the day. It's just as good the second day as the first. yummy.

Ethan was here for a couple of hours and he got to play with Aunt Issy as he calls her. The Bobster had a good time ice fishing even though he didn't catch a thing. He was good though and didn't eat the Hershey's kisses he took with him for the other guys. I'm proud of him. He had a soup at hand when he got home. Tomorrow will be the test. They are having a reception after church for him and will have finger foods and a cake. Hopefully there will be something cheesy or eggy to scrape out from bread and eat. Absolutely NO cake for me. I haven't had any sugar for two days and am not going to spoil it tomorrow. Tomorrow is also weigh in so we'll see how that goes.

Laura, you sure don't have good luck with the Craig'slist, do you?? Hope someone comes to get the tv off your hands.

The Bobster is sound asleep on the couch with two yorkies ..one on his chest and one in his lap. I think I'll take a little snooze now too.

Will check back in later tonight.

Laura - next time you ought to just say in your ad, "it will be on the curb at 10:00a - come and get it if you want it."