Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

I just read a few pages of post, sounds like everyone is doing well, i'm glad

and thank you again for all the thouhts and prayers!

I'm going to go to bed in a few, my throat is hurting from the tube and i am just beat. Can you stand it, they did everything with 1 cut. no wonder why i woke up when they moved me with sharp pain in my stomach. My gall bladder was inflamed and ugly.

I'm just so glad i had an attack, it would have been horrible in 2 weeks.

Because i have such a High tolerance for pain I think they thought i was full of crapola!

Terry - i'm so glad you tried that Soup, I was looking at that Tuesday night

I'm going to hop on the scale tomorrow and get a reality check. I'm almost afraid, between the gas and the 5 things of iv fluids I'm afraid i might be bloated. But in another sense i don't feel it either. Mom just went to the store and i'm going to have some pudding with Protein Powder and some ricotta cheese with sauce and maybe make the soup. This should be easy to do this for a few days

anyway - so glad to be back and feeling a little better, can't wait for the hotsauce!

I've been a model 5-dayer today! :-) No sugar!!! NONE!

Way to go sista!!

Tracy - WAY TO GO GIRLIE!!! 6#!! That's wild!!

Well, alot is probably Fluid BUT 6 pounds of fluids weighs the same as 6 pounds of fat, so I will take it! lol

I didn't follow the 5dbt but I did stay LEGAL & CLEAN and drank my Water. Yay me! GO YOU!! woohooo!!

Tomorrow is the service for my neighbor who died on xmas eve day... it will be so so sad, I know... I am steeling myself for it... dd is going w/me, as a show of support for her son... I'm going to take lots of tissues... say a prayer.

G'night!

I will definitely think of you tomorrow and say a prayer!

Oh my gosh that is tooo fantastic for Maizemommy!! Really puts me to shame. If she can do it why can't I?????????????

Good question...why can't you? hmmmm? :)

-6...Holy crapola girl, what are you eating??? good on you honey! When did you start this again?

Dec. 27th when I saw the scale about to read 22something again I said :tt2: "EEK!!, there is no way in hell". So I halted it right then and there @ 219.5. I am now back to the old me...the picture perfect, never cheat, rule follower. Boring, but worth it. At least now I am a non-smoker, right?:thumbup:

Tracy you are kicking her right to the curb!

Yep...I'm baaaaaack and the fat girl has left the building! I sure have missed me.:cursing:

I'm going to hop on the scale tomorrow and get a reality check. I'm almost afraid, between the gas and the 5 things of iv fluids I'm afraid i might be bloated.

Jenn, you really might wanna not do that...IVs' cause ALOT of fluid retention!

Goodnight violets....I can never thank you all enough...really...words fail me. :tongue2:

Edited by TracyK

The Soup is super good....... I'm full now. I guess I need to drink some Water so that I can flush the sodium out. I will be eating it for all my meals tomorrow.

The tofu is weird feeling but like Judy says, it is tasteless. I did not use light anything (except for the tofu)in it because I think its the bypass people who have trouble with too much fat...

Have a great night.....

Ham & cheese Soup

This is a hearty and delicious Soup. If you prefer use grated Cheddar or Jack cheese in place of the Velveeta. Taste before salting.

2 Tablespoons butter

1/2 cup carrots, chopped

1/4 cup onion, chopped

2 Tablespoons flour

1 tsp. paprika

1 teaspoon dry mustard

6 cups chicken broth

12 ounces Velveeta Light, shredded

8 ounces lite firm silken tofu, diced

10 ounces deviled ham (2 cans)

1 cup sour cream, light

salt and pepper, to taste

1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

parsley, for garnish

In a large Dutch Oven over medium heat butter. Add carrots and onion and saute until soft and translucent. Stir in flour, paprika and dry mustard using a whisk. Cook for 2 minutes then slowly add the chicken broth whisking to prevent lumps. When soup is thickened add shredded Velveeta, the diced tofu and ham. Cook on a low simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.

Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve garnished with a sprinkle of Parmesean cheese and a sprig of parsley.

Servings: 10

Notes: Per 1-cup serving: 264 calories. 19 grams Protein, 15 grams fat (8 saturated) and 12 grams carbohydrate. Rich in Vitamin A and one serving has 53mg of Calcium.< /p>

show?id=v1bIWy7hZT4&bids=101680.10000158&type=4&subid=0

The Soup is super good....... I'm full now. I guess I need to drink some Water so that I can flush the sodium out. I will be eating it for all my meals tomorrow.

The tofu is weird feeling but like Judy says, it is tasteless. I did not use light anything (except for the tofu)in it because I think its the bypass people who have trouble with too much fat...

Have a great night.....

I used regular everything except the tofu also. And I used shredded cheddar instead of Velveeta.

I used light Velveeta and light sour cream -- it was still delish. Plus I added 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper, plus a drained can of Rotel tomatoes which I pureed then added at the very end.

Ya'll wanna go to a chat room??? There's one called "singles chat" that appears to be empty. I'll go in and see if any of you show up.

I went there, Terry. But you had already left.I got into the support chat room and the messages were just flying in there!!! Can't keep up with that at my age.

I'm watching the Pistons game on tv. It's almost as exciting as being there in person.

PamELa.. I never got an email about the person you met. Did you send it to us??

Jenn, So glad you are home and that all went well. I was really surprised, I would have thought you would have been there a day or two. Here's to a fast recovery.

Pistons won their 6th in a row!

Teachlady heads to bed!!

Everyone sleep well. Day one of the 5 day pouch diet is history. We made it!!!

Good Saturday Morn, Vi's~~

Nothing on the docket today except the funeral. :thumbup:

Pamela... Ack, no, I didn't track it! I suck! I mailed the card *after* the box. Again I say, I suck! Everything within is reproducible, but I worry that when the box finally appears in 6 months, that bread will be r-i-p-e! Oh my! Crap crappity crap crap!! I win worst SS! I am soooooo sorry!! Give me a couple days & I'll get out another one... & this time I will track it!!! Waa.

Good morning everyone!

Congrats to all of you (us) that did a great job yesterday with our new resolve. We are definitely a force to be reckoned with. :thumbup:

It will be a dreary day here for the first half of the day and then maybe dd and I can go for a walk or something. Yesterday we put together 2 puzzles. It was fun actually...I thought it was going to be a disaster but we had fun. We may go and buy a couple more today.

Michelle-what time is the service today?

Have a great day everyone and make healthy choices...but we were gonna do that anyway, right?

I bought a set of Jillian Michaels DVDs. I am scared to even try...but I like her & Bob on The Biggest Loser, so....

She is gonna kick my BUTT! I will get Macy to do it with me.

If I do not post by noon, call 911

Good Morning, Violets.

We're up getting the Bobster ready to go ice fishing. DD Kris and I will stay here and work on baby shower decorations.

Day 2 is here and we're ready for it. The Bobster is afraid of having to pee while he's fishing, and I told him it would be no problem since he's a guy. He can just write his name in the ice!

Everyone have a great day!!