Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Hi all~

Welcome Sue Sue! Great group here!!

I am sitting here doing nothing, and there is so much to be done! I need to un decorate, I need to go to the bank--heck I need to get dressed! Nothing is getting done, I feel rotten, and am in a worse mood! I have to get over this.....

My Dad went off on a tangent about the fact that my DD needs a credit card to get an airplane ticket. Pulling a $20 from his wallet and pointing out to me it said legal tender. It pisses me off so bad to be treated like an idiot! And I was in such a bad mood anyway and feeling bad I ask him, what you think you raised a dumb ass? I KNOW cash is legal tender, and I KNOW she could walk up to an airline ticket counter and outright buy a ticket with cash--------for 6 times the amount she can purchase it for 21 days in advance, and to do that, she needs a credit card! She is your granddaughter, she is not trying to rip off your damn card! He was so taken aback, and obviously upset by my outburst, he left pretty abruptly. I aplogized, and feel terrible----and there is no taking it back. I love him dearly, but his negativity was toooooo much for me this morning I guess. I will deal with my DD's ticket, he doesn't have too.

Hopefully he will forgive me, and therefore allow me to forgive myself.

I have not eaten today----but not due to the pouch test, just sick and lazy!!!

I was mostly unfilled back in April before our Gruene trip. Then he totally flattened my band during the intestinal twist, he said it is VERY loose, providing no restriction at all, but is securely in place. So.....not sure the pouch test will do me any good, but thought doing in along with you guys might kick start me in the right frame of mind, and get things going in the right direction again. I think my issues are very largely related to the steroids. I mean I was doing pretty well, even with no fill until them, and then all hell broke loose!

I plan on going next week if I feel better for a fill. I will postpone it if need be until this mucus clears.

Well I am going to get dressed and go to the bank, if I do nothing else today! We might catch a movie. But I am sooooo full of complaints, I might just veg on the couch!! LOL

I think I flipped a loose piece of cartiledge in my left knee, it is impossible to bend, it hurts so bad. It happens on occasion, and is super painful until it settles itself again. And on the one occasion it didn't "fix" itself, they did arthoscopic surgery on it, and it did ok for a few years. Hope this time is a fix it itself time, or I am gonna live in pain for awhile, I refuse ANY surgery for awhile!!! LOL

I am going to use my knee hurting as a reason to try to get Rick to give the dog a bath!!! Wish me luck with that!!! LOL

Kat

Hey Judy - I made the ham and cheese Soup, too! Just finished one cup....about to go get another! Yummmmm! I put a bunch of cayenne pepper in mine...did you doctor the recipe at all? First time I ever cooked with tofu...you can't even taste it!

TracyinKs - I wasn't able to open the video either :biggrin: How're you feeling?

Heather - We need a pic of your Baby Bump, too!

Ok, here's where I've gotten off track:

1) eating slider foods rather than solid

2) eating too much food in one sitting...no matter how long it takes to get it down. I think that's a throw back to when I was too tight and to get any nutrition at all took me about 45 mins. per sitting. I think I am craving that pre-band 'full feeling' and if I work hard enough, I can get it! Grrrrr.

3) I take baby sips with about 50% of my meals and probably don't wait a full 30 minutes before drinking after meals (30 mins is what my doctor ordered)

4) Allowing myself to have sweets...chocolate is my major downfall. I am a bona fide chocaholic.

I vow to improve in each of these areas!! Did you hear that!? I VOW!! (ROAR!!!)

Pamela - are you drinking sugary sodas or sugar-free? ? Re: meals, if I have a drink in front of me, I *will* succumb and take baby sips. I try just to not have any kind of drink around me period.

Well, I cleaned out our storage closet and can actually walk in there now!! Got 2 big bags of garbage out of it, and 3 boxes of garage sale junk. Progress!! Now I'm (finally) off to take a shower!

XOXO!!

PS - Pamela - you do pretty much suck -- except for that gym thing and that dissertation thing. LOL!! Just kidding, sweetie!!

I want to give a big shout out to Maiziemommie who msgd me to ask me to update the spread sheet!

She's lost 200 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 367 to 167 lbs!

WOW!!!!!!

and now I must p

Unfortunately, when you buy a car with 140,000 miles on it there is no warranty. We'll get part of the work done Monday and the rest later on and make payments. Such is life.

Terry...how much of that Soup can we have in a day???

TracyinKS....WOW!! 200#.. that's phenomenal!! Give her a big shout out from the Shrinkin' Violets.

Gotta go take my Water pill. I forgot to this morning.

It's snowing again.. big, big snowflakes. It's really pretty, but seriously I've had enough snow for this winter.

Ethan is sleeping now. His daddy had to go do some car stuff and hasn't made it back to pick him up yet. I'm pooped, but need to do some more on cleaning up the mess the Bobster made when he emptied his office and dumped it in the breezeway.

BBL...

are any of you 5dayers making this tonic?

Lemon-Ginger Tonic

Begin each morning of the 5 Day Pouch Test with this comforting and cleansing lemon-ginger tonic. The lemon-ginger tonic will increase your energy and work to detoxify your stressed digestive system. In addition, this tonic has a cleansing affect on the liver, and increases the production of bile to clear any backlog in the common bile duct. Using this tonic as part of your 5 Day Pouch Test will leave you feeling cleansed and powerful with an eagerness to take full control of your pouch.

2 lemons, washed and sliced 1/2-inch thick

1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger

3 cups boiling Water

honey or artificial sweetener to taste

In a teapot or saucepot combine lemon slices, grated ginger and boiling water. Cover let steep 10 minutes. Pour tonic through strainer to remove solids. Drink warm adding sweetener to taste. Garnish with lemon slices if desired. Be sure to drink all three cups. This is best first thing in the morning before eating or drinking anything else. If you are on Days 1 & 2 (liquid days) you do not need to wait 30 minutes after your last sip of tonic to have your liquid meal.

I like to start my day with this tonic even if I'm not on the 5DPT. Getting the day off to a clean start helps keep me on track.

So far so good.

1 thirty minute round at Curves

1 SlimFast

2 20 ounce bottles of water

Mile and a half walk with doggie

1 Kashi Protein Shake

1 20 ounce bottle of water

5 lifesavers

I'm pretty proud of myself. Just wish I could do this good everyday.

Called my Dad, made peace with him, he had no idea what I was so worried about!!! Go figure!

I feel better now!

Going to try to get son to meet us somewhere for an early dinner so we too get to see the grandkids. He has not so much as called....grrrrr

Kat

Judy: It said that we can have as much of the prescribed item as we want or need to feel satisfied.

I was hoping that is what it said!!! I'm ready for another cup of Soup.

As for the cleansing tonic.. ewwwwwwww no way for me. But that's just me.

Suzie.. great job today. You CAN do the same everyday. Just remember how you felt with all the extra weight on. Doesn't it feel much better now?? Let that be your incentive.

Do I need the flour and carrots??

I'm wrapping my mind around TOFU.. but I'm stopping by the store on the way home..

Judy does this make a bunch (enough for all day tomorrow?)

Do I need the flour and carrots??

I'm wrapping my mind around TOFU.. but I'm stopping by the store on the way home..

Judy does this make a bunch (enough for all day tomorrow?)

Yes, you need the flour for thickening. It's only 2 Tbs. and there is enough Soup to serve 10. I did the carrots in the bullet. I also didn't use deviled ham since I had ham left over from Christmas. I stuck some chunks in the bullet also and it all came out minced fine. I'm so looking forward to having it again for dinner. I've never had tofu before. It's tasteless and just adds Protein to the soup. It's just a texture that you will have to accept in the soup. The soup really is good!!

Terry... I followed the recipe exactly except for using leftover ham instead of the deviled ham. I don't like things really spicy so I wouldn't doctor it up. Bob would love it with the hot pepper in it, I'm sure, but then I wouldn't eat it.