Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

We had a great time last night...and I met some amazingly cool people. Lindsay's mom was sick so she did not go, neither did Barry. However I met a few otherwise famous people. I'll send an email later to give you details on one in particular. I had a blast w/ the top phycisist (sp) in the world, a professor from Georgia Tech. Also, we met and will see again a famous artist. He is having a soft opening Friday night (we have plans) but his work is stunning. I'll send his link in the email too.

We had a wonderful night...and we looked smokin'! It was not black tie, but it was black and white attire! My freakin camera battery died, but I have one pick of my sexy red shoes I wore, lol. I can get a pic from this guy who took a pic of Sus and I with our hosts Rob and Charles. Anyhoo...we were in bed by 11!

We are off to breakfast...then home to take down xmas and relax!

Have a great day! I texted Jenn so New Year's love. Don't cry girlies...we love ya!

Susie, feel better!

Laura...OMG...I love the pix...Carson is getting bigger!

oxxoxoxo

Oh "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!"

I love it!! :confused:

Hi ladies...spent all day cooking the traditional New Years stuff like black eyed peas, cabbage, cornbread. Could not keep ONE bite down. So I know my band is working! lol

Goodnight friends :cursing:

Hey Girls~

I HIGHLY suggest ya'll grab your men, brothers, fathers, uncles, etc...and high tail it to go see Gran Torino w/ Clint Eastwood. It was really great, funny, timely, and very well done! Men will love it, but women will too. There are many bad words and many racial slurs...but it is not gratuitous...it is kinda part of the movie. Anyway...two thumbs way up. Hopefully we can go see Slumdog Millionaire this weekend...then we should be good for a few weeks. LOL.

Put all the xmas away, and we have our house back!

I am pooped out, but need to pop over to Walden and work for a bit. Class starts Monday, but students start going into the classroom today!

Good luck tomorrow for the girls starting Friday. I am going to do 2 days liquids, then mushie, soft then full protien starting on Sat. I know the pouch works, had a huge PB today. It was weird, when I was sick...wide open. Now, not so much, lol. Took 2 days off but we will be at the gym the next 2 mornings...so that will be 4 times this week...not too bad.

OK...babbling...have a great night!

Hiya Girliez,

Pamela, exactly how many movies have you seen in the last 2 weeks??? LOL I haven't even heard of Grand Torino? I wonder if it's playing here? We went to go see Valkyrie yesterday...i thought it was pretty good from a historical standpoint and suspenseful....but don't think it will win any awards or anything. Cruise seemed kind of 'flat'...but his character was kind of 'flat' too. God, that man is handsome.

Tracy - I just got back from the store and will be cooking tomorrow! Soups for my 5 day pouch test diet. I have tried to like black-eyed peas, I really have, but I can't stand 'em!!! Brady Bunch??? REALLY?????? :cursing:

DH is playing golf tomorrow and the house is a wreck. I plan on throwing a LOT of things away while he is gone....tee hee. He's a pack rat DELUXE and I have to sneak crap out of the house! I'm packing up stuff for our community garage sale in April while I'm at it, too.

Oh, yummy!! I made some high Protein SF chocolate pudding to eat for Snacks tomorrow and having a bit now....it's delish! :confused: 10g protein for 1/2 cup! You just make SF Jello pudding (large box) according to pkg directions then add 2 scoops (40g protein) of unflavored whey protein.

Hope everyone had a great NY Day!!

Good evening, Violets.

I'm back home and sitting in my comfy chair with the laptop again. We shopped all day today. Lots of places had 70% off. We got a couple of Santa's for our collection and lots of sweaters at Bass Pro Shop. I'm good to go for the rest of the winter!

The Bobster and I are ready for the pouch test starting tomorrow. TracyK.. I said you were our role model right now because you're the one losing weight!! -4# according to your ticker. I won't know until Sunday what mine will say, but I'm betting it's not -4#!!!

Kris looked like she smuggled a basketball under her jersey when we were at the Piston's game. Bob took a pic and I'll post it tomorrow when I get back to my desktop puter.

I'm going to head to bed and get some sleep. Ethan comes tomorrow morning at 8 and will be here all day. Gramma hasn't had him here for a week, so I'm looking forward to having him here.

Everyone rest well.

I sent Jenn a text message, and told her that Kat sends her love, she has an endoscopy tomorrow, and then hopefully the gallbladder. I will be at work all day tomorrow, so can someone text me the outcome?

Thanks!!

Boy can I tell a huge difference between being down to 2 cc's in my 10 cc band and having nothing!! I am totally open!! I emailed this clinic that Suzanne found for me that is in K.C. but has an office in St. Peters here, she says she will take me and I will call on Monday for all the specifics. I originally have the end of February to get a fill, but I am thinking if all goes well with my health, the end of January, maybe even sooner. I am so bad right now with my eating. Anything and everything. Plus we go back to court on the 9th (next friday) for final sentancing. That will be a hard hard day.

I wish all you gals good luck and purple vibes to all the 5 day pouch test participants!

Glad your back safe Laura, baby bump is toooo cute!!!

Kat and Judy when are your due dates?

Thanks for the card Suzanne!!

TracyK did the calendar I sent you fall apart? Mine did when I opened it up, so if it did, let me know and will have a new one sent out to you.

Pamela, if you sent a email about your encounters last night I didn't get it!!!

Heres to a Happy New Year!!!!!!!

I spent the day cooking about the same meal that Tracy did!! Was good....but I am really tired, this cold/sinus infection is kicking my butt!

Due dates.....yesterday my DD was due, and no sign of a baby yet!! DIL looks to be due in early August....maybe late July. Rick's birthday is the 3rd of August, so that would be cool!!!

I didn't get any email from you either Pamela---if you sent one out I mean.

Manda's sister is going to stay with Kinsey at their place tomorrow, so I can sleep in, and maybe feel better.

I have no idea what my MIL does to black eyed peas, they end up strong tasting, and kind of dry to the feel of them in my mouth, like a lima bean---if that makes any sense. Mine on the other hand!!! There is not the strong taste, they are VERY similar to a pinto bean----and are moist feeling....but my Soup is always thin---hers is thick, really heavy. I prefer mine!!! So does Rick, of course we are smart enough never to say that!!!

I am having a little difficulty convincing my husband that I am going to be having liquids only for the next 2 days----he is NOT happy with that idea!!

He is all on board for watching the diet, and cutting the sugar and carbs----but he is also off for the next 3 days and had plans for us to go out etc.....

He has joined into a weigh down at work, he wants to drop 14 pounds....and he will do that in 2 weeks time, with watching his diet and working out----life is so unfair!!!

Anyway, we will see how it goes. Not sure about the pouch test with me wide open, if it will tell me anything or not. I have ZERO restriction. Nothing gets stuck, and no PB's or sliming, nothing at all!

If I choose to go through with it now as opposed to when he goes back to work, he will support me, I know he will, but he will stress over #1 me not eating, and #2 over him eating in front of me, and he will not want me cooking for him.

He was all for it, when he thought I started it Monday, he figured he would eat at lunch, and have soup with me for dinner.....maybe he just needs time to wrap his head around it!

My son has his DD and step son from his first marriage for the remainder of the weekend. So I guess they planned on going to a local pizza place. Which is always ok with me, because they have a really great salad bar....no damn wonder I was so fat!

Well, I am off to bed....the idea of the soft mattress and cool sheets is too appealling to deny myself any longer!!! See ya tomorrow girls.

Kat

Well, i woke up at 3:00am! I think it might be because I took a nap yesterday, which I rarely do. So I made coffee and there's no going back to bed now!

Kat - Why don't you just wait 'til monday to start your pouch test!? No big deal if you can't start same time as us. You're unfilled because of the steroids or what? I forget. When can you get a fill?

Hello Everyone,

TerriDoodle told me about your site so I thought I would drop a line to you all. I was banded Sept. 25 2007. I lost quite well at first (42)_but not in the last several months and I have gained 4 lbs. I don't think I have given up. I just seem to have lost my way for a bit.

Good morning violets!

I need to stay busy again today cause it shows on the scale in a positive way when you are upright and staying active. (and PBing all you dinner) :cursing:

The phone/cable guy is coming this morning to install my new home phone. We have not had one in a couple of years...we have just been using our cell phones but I really had this desire to have a home phone again SO.....he should be here between 8 and 11 AM.

Terry-I really love the Brady Bunch. I am a Gilligans Island fan too.:w00t: BTW, the movie Gran Torino with Clint Eastwood starts in all theatres Jan 9th. I am counting down. I LOVE CLINT EASTWOOD! I wish he would do a geriatric Dirty Harry....if Rocky and Rambo can do it, why not clint eastwood? lol

Judy-I know what you meant about the -4 but it just brought me back a year and I got emotional, ya know? All of YOU are my inspirations (I started to put hero but I did not want you to think I was talking about Terrys' dog):biggrin::tt2:

Jane-I did get the calender in great shape! I was reading all of the pages and Frank made me stop cause he said you are not supposed to read ahead...lol

Kat-I put my blackeyed peas in the crockpot with hamhocks...YUMYUM...I know whay I am a fatty in recovery! lol

SueSue-welcome and you are in the right place if you have lost your way. You are not alone! We are going to do this together, stick around!

Pamela-sounds like you have really been enjoying your time off! I read your posts and live vicariously through you! I wanna go to the movies! :confused:

Laura-I thought you went to Tennessee? Who is in Florida? I love Altimas. They are so nice looking. They have fantastic resale value too! You GO little mama!

Michelle-are you doing the 5 day thing with the others? How are you?

((((Jenn)))) thinking of you!

Haydee-hope you are having a blast!

TracyinKS-how are things with you? What did you do for New Years Eve? Get schnockered? :tt2:

Suzie-did you watch the whole brady bunch marathon?

Denise-what did YOU do for New Years Eve? How are things going?

Gina-I sure wish you would check in more often. I have been thinking about you lately. How are you?

Oh well, I need to get off this computer and get some things done beefore the cable guy calls. Our address is not on any ... ugh, what are those things called...ummm, GPS..good lord help me, I am losing my mind. I did not know lack of chocolate caused alzheimers. YIKES! Anyway, since the GPS isn't up to date, they get lot as a goose and call a million times asking where we are. I will send out an e-mail telling you all my home phone number.

Remember to make healthy choices. It'll be worth it. Swimsuit weaather is right around the corner!! :)

GOOD MORNING and Happy 2009.......

I am doing the liquid portion of the 5 day pouch test......

I just drank a Protien Slam, drink

I brought in SF Jello, and 1 sf pudding....

I need to go get some Protein Powder or something

and I need to finish buying ingrediants for the Soups

I am back up 197.......... but I know I'm very dehydrated from the drinking on NYE.

Off to get some Water

yes, white rusian, and dt dr pepper and coconut rum.... up til 2:30 a.m.

But its all over with now! Time to make 2009 count!

HELLO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!