Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Good evening, Violets..

It's been a great day so far. We got all the paper products for the baby shower except the place mats, got the stuff to make the table decorations and made it to the Piston's game on time. They won and that's a very good thing. They've now won 5 in a row. We had good seats and afterwards went to Mongolian bbq for supper. Unfortunately the food wouldn't go down at all. I had a few bites and pb'd it all. We stopped at a store and got cheese and summer sausage and crackers so I would have some Protein. So far it's going down aright. We're spending the night at a hotel and then shopping a little at the mall tomorrow before we head home. I'm so excited to have the laptop and be able to use it at the hotel. I feel like one of those uppity business people who can't be without their computer... even overnight.

Well, three hours til midnight and a brand new year. I'm ready to do the 5 day routine. Hopefully that will kickstart the year the right way. I have my wiifit back and will start that up again. Thursdays we'll be trikking and I know that will really help.

We are camped out in the hotel room now and I'm going to shut this down and watch some tv with the family while we wait for the new year.

Everyone have a very Happy New Year.. the countdown to Alabama and the new baby continues. (actually three new babies!! wooo hooo!!!)

Hey Girls -- I got a text message from Jenn and she's been admitted to the hospital and her surgery is scheduled for Friday! Keep her in your prayers! Maybe send her a text to let her know you're thinking of her!

Jenn - WE LOVE YOU! :Yawn:

KAT - I'm sorry you're feeling so blue :Yawn: No matter what, you're so much better, thinner and healthier than you were a few years ago...and these hives & steroids will be history soon enough. You'll perk up when that baby gets here, for sure!

I hope this finds everyone having a great New Years Eve. Except Jenn, I hope she is getting some good drugs so she feels better!!

The Dr. called and they said that the pnemonia still has not completely resolved itself. So I will go back in two weeks and see if it has then. I still have not heard from the biopsies, but I am going to guess they showed pnemonia? I am so smart aren't I????

Jane

Well we are home! I think Rick is coming down with the flu! He is hurting all over, and is running a fever, is already in bed.

My throat is hurting, and I am nothing but a whiny mess!

So it seemed the wise thing to do to just come home! We come home, got in our jammies, and vegged out in front of the fire, Rick just headed to bed, and I am checking in here.

Thanks for the mood boosters. This is really strange for me, not sure how to shake it....but I will. Maybe it is partly from this cold or virus or whatever going on. My throat glands are enormous, and I'm all sniffly---what a wonderful way to spend New Years, a housefull of people and both of us sick! Wooo Hooo!!!

When someone texts Jenn---let her know I am thinking of her, and praying all goes well! Love Ya Jenn!

Nice car Laura, looks like my DD's!

So far no labor on my VERY pregnant DD. OMG she is so big! And it is ALL belly! Her poor belly button has totally popped out! She keeps asking me if it will go back....I tell her I think so, I have no experience!!!

DIL is going through the first weeks, where all you want to do is sleep! And my son gets his daughter and her brother from his first marriage for the weekend beginning tomorrow! She is so nervous!

My MIL was telling me how bad she felt for my DIL that she is in the hardest position of all......telling ME all about the situation. She who has been married for 63 years, has never been a step parent, or had their child have a step parent.....never dealt with a single step child, or step siblings or half siblings for her kids. ALL of which I have done, and she is trying to tell me how it is! PUHLEEZE!!!

It IS stressful, and I know she is scared and wants it all to turn out---but she is a good hearted girl, if anything she is way to kind and tolerant with kids, so they will have a great time! She is mostly concerned with lack of space. I told her not to worry about that! Make a giant fort in the bedroom, and let them all campout in sleeping bags.....pop in a movie, pop some popcorn, and join them!

Can't wait to spend some time with the kids, but we don't want to horn in either, we know they want and need time alone with them, and with my inlaws being so close, I am SURE they --- well my MIL will be right in the middle of things. Not in a mean way, just because she too wants to be with the kids.

Pamela was tonight your big bash with the famous folk??? Your package......Rick says a padded envelope will not work, part of it will break---so, it is now in a box---better safe than sorry! Will be headed your way Friday.

Well, I am going to go light a couple of candles, and soak in the tub.......I end up in the tub 3-4 times a day when I feel bad!

See y'all next year. Love you all, and am so excited to go into a new year with you----I love that we have all remained here through the year!!!

Kat

Here it is a new year and I wake up feeling cruddy. I've taken some cold meds and will be headed back to bed here soon to get a little more sleep.< /span>

Jenn, I'm sending all my healthy purple power to you. Keeping you in my prayers.

Janie and Kat, I'm also keeping both of you in my prayers, that things turn around Healthwise for both of you.

TrackyKS, did you ever get a pic with you wearing the new shirt and necklace? I can't wait to see.

Laura, Cool car for little boy to have. LOL.

Terry, I'm scared but ready to start tomorrow morning. I got the stuff to make the Soups with.

Everyone have a great day and enjoy the parades.

Good morning, Violets!!

It's a new year, a new day, and a new resolve. We can DO this, this year. TracyK is our role model so far!

DD Kris and I went to sleep about 10 last night and the Bobster and DSIL Nathan woke us up at midnight for a kiss and a Happy New Year, then we zonked for the rest of the night. Had a great nights sleep and am ready to hit the Breakfast buffet and then shopping, then home.

Prayers for ALL of us to have a happy, healthy new year with lots of great things ahead for ALL of us.

Everyone have a great day. Tomorrow is the beginning of the "test" and I'm looking forward to doing it with you and the Bobster.

:Yawn: (always wanted to use this icon) lol

Ummm, define role model please. Whew, now I am typing through tears, thanks alot JUDY! lol I'll bbl.... :thumbup:

For those doing the 5-day Pouch Test, I found a couple of recipes for full liquid Soups that sound awesome! Just thought I'd share one of them:

Black Bean and Chorizo Bisque

This is not a typical black bean Soup, as it is not chunky in the least. It's completely smooth, which makes it more of a bisque. It uses chorizo, a Mexican sausage, but it's the uncooked, loose ground variety, not the hard salami-type sausage. As for chicken stock, the best kind out there is Imagine Free Range Organic, available at Whole Foods or other specialty markets. Good stock leads to good soup, and this stuff is truly delicious, even on its own!

ingredients:

1 lb. package Mexican chorizo sausage

1 medium white onion, peeled & diced

1 tbsp ground cumin

3 cloves garlic, peeled & minced

1 quart chicken stock

2 bay leaves

3 28 oz cans black Beans, rinsed & drained

1 lime, squeezed of juice

handful of cilantro, chopped extremely fine

equipment:

two large stock pots or Dutch ovens

blender

NOTE: do not use a “boat-motor” style immersion blender for this recipe; it does not blend smooth enough to remove the finest pieces or lumps.

1. Brown the chorizo sausage in a deep Dutch oven over medium-high heat until cooked. Remove from the pot with a slotted spoon, and set to drain on a thick bed of paper towels.

2. Return the pot to medium heat with the sausage drippings still in it, and sauté the onion until softened, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and ground cumin and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add chicken stock, bay leaves, and drained beans, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 30 minutes.

3. Add the browned sausage back to the pot, stir to combine, and simmer another 10-15 minutes to meld flavors.

4. Remove the pot from the heat, and remove bay leaves. Transfer soup to the blender using a ladle until the blender is no more than half-full. Put the top on, but allow for some venting (hot soup + blender = explosion, if not vented). Starting on low, puree for about 10 seconds, then move up to medium speed for 10 seconds, then high for 30. Once completely smooth, pour into another empty pot, and continue with the rest of the soup in batches.

5. Stir in cilantro and lime juice, serve with a dollop of sour cream.

Happy New Year V's!!!!!

I am so behind in posts! Hope you all had a great holiday break, and were safe last night! I slept through midnight (oops). I fell asleep around 9 I think. When we got back from Florida one of the cats has been getting sick, diarhea looking vomit all over the place--carpet, their cat tree, my recliner.. I tried feeding them wet food last night, so whoever it is can keep hydrated. So at 12:20 last night I wake up to Gracie gagging next to my head so I wake up immediately and pick her up, and she projectile vomits LITERALLY 10ft, covering the floor and Russell's side of the bed. It was everywhere.. and it was the wet food. Vet is closed today, so I locked her in the bathroom with Water & her litter box. I've been slowly cleaning up the vomit piles, there are so many and most were hard from when we got home. Ugh.

The car I got is an '08 Nissan Altima. They gave me a good deal on it (I was looking at an '05, but it was only 2k more to get the '08 which is pre-owned and had 10k miles). I love the tinted windows. And it has a TON of room in trunk & back seat, reminds me of a luxury car like a Lincoln or Cadillac on the inside with all the room in it. It doesn't drive as fast as my convertible, but oh well.

I started reading Snow Flower & the Secret Fan while in Florida, I am halfway through so I will probably spend today sitting around reading. I need to clean the house too, including the dry spots of vomit that I've let soak with wet paper towels (yuck yuck yuck).

I feel Carson every day now, woohoo. He is a kicking machine. I hear if you look at times they are active, it's an indication of their schedule when they're born.. Looks like he likes 2am, 7am and 11pm the best! During the day he's very much asleep.

Oh, anyone want to come over and put away my Christmas decor?

I am with you Judy, I am throwing out all candy today!! Russ is too, he said he's dieting starting today. His g'ma gave us a digital picture frame for Christmas and included some old pictures of him in it.. has pictures from when I first met him, I forgot how skinny he was!!!

RussellA04.jpg

(This is back in 2000)

This was us at Christmas with my sister.

lesrusslaxmas.jpg

And here's a baby bump pic, it's officially there.. this is with sucking my gut in!

23wbabybump.jpg

Laura-LOVE the baby bump pic! Thanks for showing us!

Wow, I am having a really emotional first of the year too. I think Kat is rubbing off on me! lol

Have a great day everyone! I too am glad we have each other to share a new year. :Yawn:

:Yawn:Hi Carson!!!!!!