Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Have a great trip Judy!!!

Thanks Heather, I thought that too, but they are just willing to split the fees with me. I guess under the circumstances it could be worse!!

Still no results from Dr. I went today and the results from my broncoscopy weren't back yet, plus the wbc they did today won't be back til tomorrow. So I know nothing!! Feel a little better tonight though.

Jane

I was surfing another WL website and was reading some of the postings there. This one group decided to do a "Winter Awareness Challenge" and I found this in a posting, thought it was pretty interesting and maybe helpful.

*Daily organized exercise, 6 days a week

*72 ounces Water intake every day

*Vitamins - every day

*Personal quiet time for journaling - every day

*Devotion to private sacred spiritual development - every day

*(PPT) Puppy Play Time - dedicated, focused play time with puppy Charvie

*Smart food choices respecting the four rules and my nutritional needs

Rewards Expected:

*Healthy fit body

*Mental and Spiritual health

*Elevated endorphins from the pursuit of pleasureful activities

*Self-appreciate vs. self-loathing for making the right choices

*A new swimsuit!

Ok, more from the same website. Too cute.

Move to the Groove, Put Your Pedal to the Metal, Run for Fun and shake that Booty: Exercise is one of the best weapons a WLS patient has to fight weight regain. Not only does exercise boost your spirits, it is a great way to keep your metabolism running strong. When you exercise, you build muscle. The more muscle you have, the more calories your body will burn, even at rest!

Good morning, Violets..

We're off on our shopping, basketball game adventure. Cross your fingers the Piston's win!!! Everyone have a great day. I'll check in from the laptop at the hotel if I can figure it out!!

Judy, Have a very safe trip, we will miss you alot. And have a very Happy New Year.

Good morning everyone~

I am so proud of everyone for the hard core determination for this 5 day thing. I myself am going to sit this one out. I am just going to stick with the bandster rules and go at the steady pace. When I stop losing, then I might try that 5 day thing.

I am a little worried and need to call the dr. My left girl (boobie) is killing me. The whole thing. I have dull pains and shooting pains in her. The thought of a mammogram on her while she is this sore makes me wanna cry. :wink2:

Have a great day everybody. Happy New Years Eve...

Tracyk, you have a problem with cysts don't you? I hope that it is nothing more serious. That would be super duper painful if you had to have a mammogram!! Hugs!

I am off to work, just wanted to wish everyone a safe and happy new year!!!!! Thanks for all your help this year!!!!!!!!!!

A very Grateful Jane!

I did good all day yesterday until I was attacked by a MJC! Tracy... I picked up my phone to call you before I took my first sip, but I decided not to temp you.

I did good all day yesterday until I was attacked by a MJC! Tracy... I picked up my phone to call you before I took my first sip, but I decided not to temp you.

It would not have phased me at all. When I get in the mindset I am in....nothing that other people eat bothers me. I would have loved to have chat with ya though! :wink2:

Tracyk, you have a problem with cysts don't you? I hope that it is nothing more serious. That would be super duper painful if you had to have a mammogram!! Hugs!

I am off to work, just wanted to wish everyone a safe and happy new year!!!!! Thanks for all your help this year!!!!!!!!!!

A very Grateful Jane!

I have never had a cyst but my mom & sister has. My dr office is losed until Friday...should've known that.:wink2:

Tracy -- is it hot to the touch? red in any area? could be an infection...but that's a stretch.

This is from WebMD:

Breast Pain (Mastalgia) - Topic Overview

What do I need to know about breast pain?

Many women have breast tenderness and pain, also called mastalgia. It may come and go with monthly periods (cyclic) or may not follow any pattern (noncyclic).

• Cyclic pain is the most common type of breast pain. It may be caused by the normal monthly changes in hormones. This pain usually occurs in both breasts. It is generally described as a heaviness or soreness that radiates to the armpit and arm. The pain is usually most severe before a menstrual period and is often relieved when a period ends. Cyclic breast pain occurs more often in younger women. Most cyclic pain goes away without treatment and usually disappears at menopause.
  • Noncyclic pain is most common in women 30 to 50 years of age. It may occur in only one breast. It is often described as a sharp, burning pain that occurs in one area of a breast. Occasionally, noncyclic pain may be caused by a fibroadenoma or a cyst. If the cause of noncyclic pain can be identified, treating the cause may relieve the pain.

Breast pain can get worse with changes in your hormone levels or changes in the medicines you are taking. Stress can also affect breast pain. You are more likely to have breast pain before menopause than after menopause.

Does breast pain indicate breast cancer?

Breast pain is not a common symptom of breast cancer. However, sometimes painful lumps are caused by breast cancer.

What can I do for breast pain?

You may be able to relieve breast pain by using nonprescription medicines, including:

Be sure to follow all labels and instructions. If you are pregnant or trying to become pregnant, talk to your doctor before using any medicine. Do not take aspirin if you are younger than 20 because of the risk of Reye's syndrome.

Danazol, bromocriptine, and tamoxifen citrate are prescription medicines used for the treatment of severe cyclic breast pain. These medicines are rarely used because they have significant side effects. It is important to determine whether the benefits will outweigh the risks of taking these medicines.

You may also be able to relieve breast pain by:

• Using birth control pills (oral contraceptives). These may help reduce cyclic breast pain and breast swelling before periods. But breast pain is also a known side effect of birth control pills.< br />
  • Taking magnesium. Magnesium supplements taken in the second half of the menstrual cycle (usually the 2 weeks before the next period) relieve cyclic breast pain as well as other premenstrual symptoms.
  • Reducing dietary fat to 15% or less of your dietary intake is likely to reduce breast pain over time. A small study has shown that making this long-term dietary change significantly reduces breast pain.

Studies have not shown that avoiding caffeine relieves breast pain. But some women feel they have a decrease in breast pain when they decrease the amount of caffeine they consume.1

Can I prevent breast pain?

You may be able to prevent breast pain, tenderness, or discomfort by wearing a sports bra during exercise. It is important that the sports bra fit properly. It should keep the breasts almost motionless and allow them to move together with the chest, not separately. It is important to replace your sports bra as the material stretches and become less supportive. A young woman with developing breasts may need to buy a new bra every 6 months.

I logged in last night to catch up and then got distracted and left the browser open!

Can't stay, got a lot of catching up to do at work. I'm using an '08 Altima today, test driving it really.. but they're tryin to rip me off so I'm likely going to be passing on it. Bummer!!

THANK YOU TERRY & JANE!!! You girls are too sweet ((HUGSSSS))