Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Michelle.. I know the feeling.. the slug feeling is so nice after all the hub bub of the season. I got to Bob's church this morning and the choir director wanted to know if I had a solo prepared. HUH?? ummm NO! They only had 6 people for a choir and they decided not to sing so I was the next choice. My one problem going there is they expect me to step in and do the music when my choice is to sit in the congregation and worship. Well, next week, I will be sitting with family and then that's the last Sunday there. It will be back to my own choir and our rehearsals start on the 7th of January.

Bob, Kris, Nathan and I are going to Auburn Hills to watch the Pistons play on New Years Eve afternoon. It's become a tradition for us. I don't know if they will want to go next year with a little baby so we'll take advantage of this time. We'll do some shopping before the game and then we're going to the Rain Forest Cafe for dinner afterwards. We'll spend the night and come home New Years Day. I think I'll take the laptop and see how it works at the hotel.

Bob and I are sitting here in the living room watching tv and cuddling yorkies. I'm off to surf the net. Everyone have a great evening!

:cheers2: :thumbsup: :party: :clap: :huggie: :youcandothis: :drum:

:) :Banane20: :Banane20: :purplebananna: :Banane48: :Banane27: :Banane36::Banane34::Banane45::Banane23::Banane44::Banane33::Banane03::Banane13::Banane13::Banane57:

((( PAMELA )))

:cheers2: :thumbsup: :party: :clap: :huggie: :youcandothis: :youcandothis: :drum: :lol: :sad: :Banane20: :purplebananna: :Banane48: :Banane27: :Banane36: :Banane34: :Banane45: :Banane23: :Banane44: :Banane33: :Banane03: :Banane13: :Banane13: :Banane57:

JANIE - No, I don't have any I can send you right now because I just bought his book today! I've been watching him on TV (Fox Business channel) and I listen to him on AM radio sometimes. His 2 biggest selling books are Total Money Makeover and Financial Peace. His website is www.daveramsey.com

Thanks Terri and girls! It is an amazing feeling. Now I stalk my email until I hear back from her...cross your fingers that the edits are minimal!

With the exception of the hour and 20 min of me finishing ch 5, Susanne and I stayed in bed today until 4:20PM!!! We ate and lounged...and the only reason we got up was because it would feel weird to stay in there as it got dark...and then we wouldn't be able to sleep. She stayed there while I worked...can you say lazy! I loved it and we needed it.

I did shower at 11 and put on clean pjs and got right back in bed! AAAHHH...now that is what I call vacay!

We are starting a bathroom remodel in a few weeks. We are Direct Buy members and got a decent bid from our contractor. I also got a very generous "gift" from my father's life insurance...so that really helped make up our mind. I am really excited. Our bath is OLD (original stuff...built in 1969 or 1971). It will be nice to get two sink stations, a new shower w/ tile and not the old fiberglass one, and really open up our space in the master bed/bath! I will take tons of before and after pix...!!!

Have a nice night everyone. We are going to go work out in the am. I think I am going to only walk (at a moderate pace) for one hour. I feel the need to get my circulation going...I'll post what I ended up doing!

xoxoxoxo

Morning Gals

Pamela - Congrats. That is just awesome

I am working on getting back into school to finish my BA - not nearly as impressive, but I hope to be done by time I'm 40

I hope you all have a great day and make good choices... I was horrible yesterday but on the same happy note... all the left overs are gone. horrible pain in my side and know I should have thrown it away - but it is gone

anyone have any new year eve plans? I'm going to dinner with mom, kids and friends and their family (still no kitchen) I do hope to have ovens today and maybe even the stove set on a frame so i can use it this week. Counters won't be in probably until after surgery.

took down the tree yesterday, cleaned and cleaned and fixed a broken tile and tiled a platform i made to put my gas stove on. worked on my room, I couldn't see the floor with all the clothes i had everywhere.

have a great day - i have to leave early so i guess i should get going.

love ya all

Congrats again Pamela and good luck with the bathroom remodel!

Good morning everyone~

Wow, I really slept good last night. Got alot accomplished yesterday. Emptying out closets to bring stuff to goodwill...including toys that were overflowing in dd room. We rearranged some furniture and just did some spring cleaning even though it isn't spring. I despise clutter and being suffocated so we rearranged things to open it up in here are give the illusion of more room. Much better!

Terry-did santa come visit hero?

Pamela-oh my goodness, redoing a bathroom will be SO much fun! When do you think the project will start?

Jenn-congrats on going back to school. I never even started college. I am kicking around the idea of doing it though. I haven't even taken the SAT. I am proud of you. :)

Michelle-still loving your laptop? I adore mine! So did you manage to fill the stockings without waking the kids? lol

Kat-I agree with Terry, your dsil sounds like a dick (for lack of a better word, lol) That was a great idea Manda had about wrapping the boot box! I am going to steal her idea!!

Judy-go us! I know that we will all do fantastic with our renewed, rekindled fire to lose this weight. I jst wish I would have gotten the fire a little sooner....like around Thanksgiving :sad:. Oh well, the past is the past!

Jane-how are things with you? Do you have a dr appt today? I thought you said you do either today or tomorrow to maybe find out some results of your tests?

Suzie-when is the Eagles concert? I love the Eagles!

TracyinKS-hope you are doing good an that your family had a great Christmas!

Laura & Haydee-hope you are having a great time on your trips! I miss my friends when they aren't here :lol:

I am sure you have all heard by now about the man that went and shot up his ex-wife and her family at their Christmas party then set the house on fire...then killed himself, killing 9 people I think?! Dear God what is the world coming to? To shoot an 8 year old girl in the face when she opened the door while wearing a santa suit? There is a special place in hell for that dude. Ugh.

I hope all of you have a great day and try to make healthy choices! (don't forget your Water too) :Banane20:

Denise=how was Christmas with the grandbabies! I'll bet you took more pictures than the law allows! lol

I am back with my tail between my legs as I faced the scale this morning........... it was ugly.... so ugly in fact that I made an appointment for a fill.

I suck

I am back with my tail between my legs as I faced the scale this morning........... it was ugly.... so ugly in fact that I made an appointment for a fill.

I suck

At least you are back. That is the important thing. (I had said something else but I deleted it FAST because this is not a 'who sucks the worst' competition)

Yeah, that's the kinda talk that got you fat in the first place!! WE DO NOT SUCK AT ANYTHING!! We are awesome, empowered, strong-willed, omnipotent, determined, intelligent women!!!!! ROAR!!!!!!!

Yeah, that's the kinda talk that got you fat in the first place!! WE DO NOT SUCK AT ANYTHING!! We are awesome, empowered, strong-willed, omnipotent, determined, intelligent women!!!!! ROAR!!!!!!!

You forgot hungry....:tongue2::lol:

Good morning, Violets..

I've been busy already this morning and just now getting time to check in. I made beef stew in the crockpot for tonight and then went online and ordered some things from Etsy for the baby shower. Got a cute dragon onesie and some dragon burp cloths. I think Kris will like them. I ordered her playpen that she registered for on Babies R Us. We're going over tonight with all the stuff I have received so far for the shower and see whats left to do.

Bob is cleaning out his church office and when he gets home, I'll be heading to my hair appointment. Time for another "short" cut. We'll see how she listens to me this time. I don't like my new color either, but that will have to wait until the next appointment.

Just got another rsvp for the shower. We're up to 38 right now, but I haven't heard from about 30 more people, so planning is going to be interesting. I hate to be caught short, but I don't want to overbuy either. Deadline for rsvps is tomorrow.

I lost a pound yesterday so I'm headed in the right direction. I had a slice of ham for Breakfast an hour ago and it's still trying to digest. Time for me to get my first Water of the day in so maybe that will wash it down. I get my Wii back tonight when we go to Kris's. Tomorrow I'll be back to that after my shift at the hospital. Then we're going to the track to see the Trikke tomorrow evening. I'm excited about that too. I'll have to dig out my bike helmet to take along.

Bob had a horrible fit of reflux last night, but with what he ate last night before bed, I warned him it would happen. I hope he learned his lesson. I think he's going to start over again Jan. 1st. I've already started over like most of you and we'll definitely do it this time. I can feel it!!

We are leaving Wednesday morning to go to a Detroit Pistons game in the evening and will stay overnight and be back New Years day. Nathan and Kris are going with us and it should be as fun as it was last year even though our seats are not quite as close as before.

Well, enough rambling on for now. I need to get some water and do some laundry. Our tree won't come down until after the 1st, even though we are really crowded in the little living room. Bob loves the Christmas stuff so I'll humor him for another few days.

Everyone have a great day.. make wise choices and drink that water!!

Well my problem is that I have a disease..........

Hand-To-Mouth Disease.

Instead of a lap-band I should have had my elbows locked in to a straight position. Or maybe one of those cones they put on animals, have you ever seen them try to eat with one of those things on?