Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Good afternoon, Violets..

I'm sitting here in my comfy chair with a yorkie on my shoulder and one behind my head. They are loving the mommy time now instead of sitting at my feet at the other computer.

I'm waiting for Kris and Nathan to arrive so we can go to the movie at 4. It's really yucky out. Raining now and still everything melting. Don't know what it's going to be like in the morning when Bob and I go to his church for his last sermon. Hopefully the roads won't be iced over.

I went to Walmart this morning and got 4 more bags of Hershey's hot chocolate kisses for the baby shower. I made little stickers to go on the bottom of them that say Dragon, January 10, 2009 That's their baby's nickname right now and the date of the shower, of course! Luckily I don't have a craving for Hershey's chocolate so there's no temptation there. I finished making the pictures for the table decorations. We are going to have little branches set in flower pots with baby pictures of Kris, Nathan, Bob, Me and his parents and call it our family tree. The pictures came out so cute. I'll have to get them together in one file and post it.

I will post my new ticker tomorrow after I weigh in. Then I will weigh in on Sundays on a regular basis. We all seem to be getting a new resolve and motivation and that's a great thing! We can do this!!!! TOGETHER!!!

Time to scoot. Kris will be here soon. Everyone have a great afternoon and I'll check back after the movie and dinner.

Susie, yes it is POURING!!!!!!!!

Worked for three hours today, felt good, but boy am I beat!!

FINALLY I got TracyK secret santa mailed and Lauras little gift.

I think you all are doing great with your resolve!!

Jane

Good evening, Violets..

Back from the movie. It was ok. Not real good, but not real bad either. At least the premise of the movie was good.. don't miss out on any opportunities.

And nope Tracy.. I didn't have any popcorn and wouldn't let the Bobster get any either. I knew I couldn't stop once I started. We split a chicken fajita at Applebees, no tortillas for me, just meat, onions, sour cream and cheese. Weigh in for me tomorrow morning and I'm not looking forward to it, but it will be like confession.. starting over fresh.

The weather is still rotten here. Lots of rain and tomorrow fog and high winds. Sure is strange weather for December.

The Pistons game is about to start so I'll shut this down and concentrate on helping my guys win! Everyone have a good evening.. sleep well.

Good morning Violets~

...Then sometime in Jan...we are going to hire a trainer! She starts orientation jan. 12th, and once she gets a regular schedule...that is when we are getting the trainer. We think it would be "more fun" to do it together. They are hella expensive, about $200 for 4-5 sessions (and that is for 1 person). But I think if we do it for a time, we can glean all their information.

Pamela - I loved having a personal trainer...you'll be amazed an how much it helps. They really can pick out your weak/trouble spots and get you working on those. For example, one if mine was 'balance' and Rory really did a great job giving me specific exercises to help with that. They do push you a little harder than you would push yourself, but that's a good thing! Yeah, a personal trainer is definitely worth the money if you have it. After Rory left my gym I never got another one, though :rolleyes: I just liked him so much and nobody else ever appealed to me as I watched them work with other clients.

Judy...have some buttered popcorn @ the movies in my honor :hurray:
OMG, I think I've had 3 bags of popcorn in the last week. that's one thing I know I'm DONE with!:rolleyes:

Kat, I'm sorry to say it, but your son-in-law sounds like a total ass! How can you stand that weenie? How can your daughter stand him???????? Aaaaaaaaaack!! I want to come smack him in the face and I don't even know the guy!!!:laugh::cursing::smile:

Hey V's~

I worked my patootie off all morning and early afternoon. Then we went to a movie (Doubt) and some shopping. I am just doing my part to stimulate the economy! I got a new Fossil purse (omg...I love it), a red coffee pot, a blanket for the bed (one that won't shed) and Susanne got two sweaters. She needed one for our New Year's Eve party. It is not black tie, but Black & White only! I am excited! I will try to work on it tonight, or start fresh in the morning. I have made my conclusions, and now I m just editing them. I am sooo close I can taste it but don't want to rush. I made a huge mistake this morning, and it took about an hour to fix it in a portion I had already written. An hour that was well worth it in the long run.

The movie was great! Not light or uplifting, but really amazing performances. We saw Valkyre, (someone asked about it, maybe Terry...it was GREAT), Button (Great) and Doubt (Great). We have tons more to see this week! We do share a popcorn and diet coke, but no butter. Gives me the runs!

I said this morning that I wanted a fill. Then I had a PB from hell on eggs, peppers, onions. Bad Bad Bad...puking bad. Then I had some chips (no prob), and popcorn. Came home at 5 pm after no protien all day, and barely got the pork loin and salad down...had to get the papaya. Anyway...weird how some days are like flood gates...and others are like a straw.

I peaked at the PO box too...hhuuummm, perhaps Monday! I love surprises!!!

OK...Love ya, gotta put our new stuff away and get our coffee pot out!!!

xoxooxox

Good morning, Violets..

I feel like I'm in a hurricane this morning. The wind gusts are really strong! I'm up early to get ready to head to Bob's church with him.

And there it is in purple and white.... my ticker. TracyK.. you and I are in the same boat goal wise. I'll be watching you and I know you'll be watching me. Together, we can do this!!! This is my day one of responsible eating once again. I've been up 10 minutes and am doing well so far!!:tongue_smilie::tt2:

Off to get dressed and have a responsible Breakfast. Everyone have a great day and make wise choices!!

Morning everyone

i'm having my coffee with ya'll this morning (thanks to Tracy)

Terry - I don't know what i had, sick, puking, sore throat and fever! and then not even a kiss my ass from bf - who has officially pushed me over the edge

enough is enough - I'm trying really hard to get my house together so i can have friends over.

I wish i could afford therapy - and specifically therapy that can help me with my self confidence issues - I would still see myself as being 278lbs if i didn't keep a couple of my fav jackets and sweatshirts that i wear to work (room to layer)

I love Tracy's idea - i'm going to start my ticker fresh as of today and put a short term goal of 185 and go from there

new year, new attitude

anyway -hope you all have a great day

I've been up 10 minutes and doing well so far..... That's funny Judy. I've been up 20 minutes and have had 2 hot cocoa's already.

Here's my dilemma, Abagail spent the night last night and I told her I would make pancakes for breakfast. Here it is morning and I don't have anything to make pancakes with. Do you think french toast would pass???? She's doing good while "Handy Manny" is on. When it's over I think I'll be in trouble. LOL..

Haydee, I think you were the one that asked. Abagail is my grandniece. My nephew and his wife have the one, so far. She's the spitting image of her father and has many of his little habits he had when he was younger. It brings back so many memories.

This will be a challenge for me today, having to feed a little girl and eat responsibly. I'm up for the challenge.

Have a great day and chat at you soon.

Good morning everyone!

Day #2. I feel better already and I know that it is a head thang. But, whatever it is, I am happy about it. Funny how our mindset can control so many things. Outlook, energy, choices we make, our mood in general. It is all in what we CHOOSE. I am just glad that the fire is back and that WE chose for it to come back. I am quite excited about it...can you tell :):D:tongue_smilie:

Not sure how often I will weigh. Probably like before every 2 or 3 days. I do not have Judys patience to do it once a week. I need it to keep me honest. If I did it once a week, I would cheat for 4 days then eat right for 3. Not cool:thumbdown:

Supposed to rain here today so my goal is to stay vertical instead of horizontal :)

I am going to try to stay busy cleaning.

Have a fantastic day girlies! Make healthy choices.

Oh, I'd take french toast over pancakes any day!! My kids tell me I make the best on the planet. Yummmm.

Jenn - when you say "bf" surely you are not talking about Kevin??!??!?!?!? LOL!! He was supposed to be history in SEPTEMBER!! Why don't you change the "bf" to "dbah"....deadbeatasshole. You just need to get out of that town....period. You have such a wonderful personality, Jenn...and beautiful to boot!! I don't for the life of me know why you sell yourself so short. If you would just get DETERMINED to totally ignore that dbah, read that book I sent you long ago, and get some new friends....you'd be in good shape. But it takes a lot of strength and determination to get thru those 6 months and you've GOT TO KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE PRIZE: EMOTIONAL FREEDOM, SELF-RESPECT AND CONFIDENCE. You can do it!!! January 1st marks a new year, girlfriend, and is the perfect time to start your new life. Get it in gear!! We're here to support you and you are welcome to call me whenever you are feeling weak...I'll prop you up...I promise!

QAWSDDDDA <-----Hero says "Hi"