Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Terry, Thanks for the lovely picture. How heart warming.

I texted Janie. Hope she gets to go home today.

Merry Christmas eve ya'll!!!

I doubt I'll be on at all tomorrow, bouncing between houses and going to TN.

I tell Russell that Carson has a wee-wee tonight! He's been sitting here trying to guess all morning based off of random things I say.. we got these specialty art prints (that we printed) for Alabama/Auburn football today and I collect them every year; we don't care much about football but I told him one day our kids may like football and we'll have these expensive, limited prints to hang up in their room. He said "So it's a boy?" and I said "I said KIDS, they're going to be boys? Why can't a girl like football??" hehehe!

No luck on the mouse front, hopefully when we get home today it'll be caught. I heard it on Russell's night stand last night (it woke me up) eating out of his pop tart wrapper. I told him about it this morning, he says I was dreaming. Nope. I'm a light sleeper, it woke me up and I was awake for a while listening to it--and it upset the dog (cats were sound asleep though!). Can't believe he left food out when he knows we're trying to trap a mouse.

For Christmas morning every year my dad gets a couple gallons of gravy from Cracker Barrel. We've done this for 10 years now. He went last night to get it, and some new manager was saying we couldn't do that.. my dad said What do you mean, can't do that?? The guy said they don't have that much made.. lol.. so my dad said "so, make it" and the guy told him it would be an hour, which is fine. Dad came back and the guy tells him he's lucky because they told other customers "No" to this. Why?? What a stupid manager.

Merry Christmas Eve~

We are going out to Breakfast, then a few errands. Home to cook our Christmas dinner: schnitzle, hot German pot salad, etc! dinner is about 3pm...then church at 5! Then home to veg...eat again (haha) watch movies. Then tomorrow is relax, a few gift exchange thingys and then a movie or two! AAAHHH...love it! Sounds like a great couple of days to me!

There are 6 movies I am dying to see in theatres!!! My bro got Sus and I $50.00 to our fav movie place and $50.00 to our fav resturaunt (Billy Reeds). So we are set!!! That is the best present to me...something we use ALL the time!!!

I wish everyone a warm, happy and special Christmas!!! My Violets are a wonderful gift to me all year! The gift that keeps on giving!

Who is going shopping on Friday??

I LOVE YOU ALL!

hohohohoho

Good Morning, Violets..

We are in the midst of another storm. Doesn't look like I will make it to church tonight. Makes me sad, but I don't want to go with Bob 3 hours early and have to sit and wait and the roads are too bad for the kids to come 40 here, then 40 minutes to church, then 40 mintues back here and then 40 minutes back to their house. I could go to my church here, but I've already got a sub director for the choir and I don't want to go and then be asked at the last minute to do a solo which I KNOW will happen. Guess I'll just sit home and watch church on tv and wait for Bob and Joe's family to get here for Christmas Eve. Sure will be different!!

I don't know how many will be able to get out for Christmas eve services around here. The snow is coming down pretty heavy and there was freezing rain underneath. It's beautiful out, but the roads are a mess.

I have all the presents wrapped and under the tree. I threw out the box of chocolates and Cookies that the neighbor brought over. I was just grazing on them too much. I kept the pointsettia.. don't graze on that too much, though it's looking tastier and tastier!! :thumbup:

I had 3/4 of a scrambled egg with cheese this morning and pb'd all of it. Now just waiting to figure out what to have for lunch.

I have some cleaning to do so I better get at it. Everyone have a Blessed Christmas Eve and Christmas day. I'll be checking in on and off both days.

BBL........

Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse....

they are at Lauras house partying! lol :thumbup:

Judy, save one of the poinsetta branches for me....k?

Merry Christmas friends...

Merry Christmas Eve Day, Vi's!~~

I am starting to get *very* excited!! I love Christmas!! I love giving the gifts!!

All the wrapped packages are in my closet, & when I was waiting for the shower to heat up I just stood there & looked at them all and got that tingly, excited feeling & started to squeal w/anticipation then got in the shower & started to sing & dh came in and asked what was wrong -- he didn't realize those were happy noises! LOL!!

I actually went out & did a few errands this a.m. (yes, I bought some xmas presents even today!) & went to the grocery store... have to go back out in a bit to pick up the appetizer trays for tomorrow... I ordered 3 and it wasn't until I'd left that I realized that I'm not sure I have 'frig room for it all! Whoops! I'll just cram them in there...

Gotta go finish up the cleaning of the house + wrap the final items... then errand... then early dinner & church this eve @ 8... then home & SANTA TIME!!

My mom made our stockings & they have little jingle bells on them... our tradition is to put them on the end of our beds when we go to sleep... then "Santa" comes in & takes them, fills them, & returns them stuffed to the end of the beds. That's all well & good EXCEPT for the sneaking them in & out parts... because they jingle! And dd is the LIGHTEST sleeper, especially on XE... so it's always quite a trick. I wonder what time I'll be stuffing them tonight... I'm thinking 3am or so...

Have I mentioned how excited I am??

Make it a good one, Vi's!!!

I just shopped on Christmas Eve, how weird!! I've never done that before.

Russell has wanted a sports coat for years, and when me and mom went to Burlington Coat Factory this weekend I saw they had well priced ones. I didn't have his measurements at the time, and I knew I wasn't getting back out in this traffic.. But it's down the street from work (we are near the mall, ugh it's been a nightmare getting home for 2 weeks now). So I thought maybe it won't be too bad in the morning, sure enough it wasn't horrendous. So I got Russell a sports coat!

I'm not PBing, but like.. nausea throwing up food from last night.. gross!!

Have a wonderful Christmas Eve Violets!!!!

I plan on staying home all day on Christmas in my pajamas with hot chocolate killing zombies with my husband and son on the new XBOX 360 game I got for my 16 year old, lol. We wont be visiting family until the weekend so we are going to cuddle up and take it easy doing whatever.

There will be definitely be no piehole report for tomorrow. I will not overeat but I plan on eating anything I want . . . even a glass of eggnogg. I also imagine a few chocolates may just pass these lips as well. It is only once a year and I have been doing really good lately resisting temptations.

No luck on the mouse front, hopefully when we get home today it'll be caught. I heard it on Russell's night stand last night (it woke me up) eating out of his pop tart wrapper. I told him about it this morning, he says I was dreaming. Nope. I'm a light sleeper, it woke me up and I was awake for a while listening to it--and it upset the dog (cats were sound asleep though!). Can't believe he left food out when he knows we're trying to trap a mouse.

I remember my first ever mouse episode. We tried for days to catch it with traditional mouse traps, no luck although we could see it occasionally and there was other "evidence" if you know what I mean. I was sooo grossed out, afraid to get up at night in case I stepped on it or something . . . afraid that maybe it would venture up on my bed, ewwww.

Anyway, one night we just sat down to dinner and we heard a loud SNAP. We then heard a series of high pitched squealy whiny noises, the poor thing was screaming to my absolute horror. My DH looks and we caught it by one of the front legs. He took it outside and disposed of it humanely by putting it out of its misery but I never had the heart to ask him how he did it.

I will never have the heart to do another trap or ever attempt a glue strip (but I am also the kind of person who catches spiders and puts them in the flower gardens).

We did have another episode with a mouse a year or two later, and there were 3 of them. I bought these things called mouse cubes at the supermarket which is a little see through plastic box that they can get in but can't get out. I would give my teenage son $5 bucks to hike out into our woods a few hundred yards and past the little creek and let the mouse go. We lived out in the country at the time and I thought they wouldn't come back if we took them far enough away. They never came back and those are the only 2 mouse experiences of my adult life.

The mouse cubes worked like a charm. I had mouse traps setup for days with no luck . . . and every day with a mouse in the house is wayyy too long. The mouse cubes caught them overnight and were really easy . . . they would just be standing in there with their whiskers a twitching. Also they would cause no harm to any other animals in the house so they were a perfect choice. I highly recommend them.

Edited by HeatherO
Bad Shpellling

Hubby and I just got back from our Holiday treat to each other, we always take sometime to ourselves and go have a drink. Today we went to the mexican restuarant and shared a half order of nachos a margarita and a beer. So we are officially done with the holiday. Except tomorrow I have to work at church. Mass is at 10am. After that I'm coming home and putting my new sockies on and grabbing a mug of tea and just mellowing the rest of the day. We also stopped by Subway and got sandwiches to take into the hospital tonight. We had told them they could bring the chips and dip and Hubby and I would bring the sanwiches.

Merry Christmas to all and too your Families.

Hugs, Suzanne.

Ohh thanks for the suggestion Heather! I don't know what's out there, I just got what I found at Publix (the snap traps inside a round disk thing).

They didn't have those boxes. If we haven't caught it by time we get back from the holiday vacation I'll venture to Walmart to see if they have them.

My parents had rats sometime this year, I know they used the glue traps outside and a bird got caught in one, my dad had to drown it (they live on a lake) :thumbup:

They were telling me not to use the glue ones.

Laura-we used the glue ones at work and one day a mouse was running down the hallway dragging the trap....his tail was stuck to it. lol

Funny you say that Tracy, I came home before Russell cause he needed to finish stuff and I had to get home to pack & finish wrapping.

Glue trap worked.

He only got his tail & 1 back leg stuck in it, so he was trying to run with it, and is wedged behind my night stand. UGH. I had to close up the room (so cats don't get it and so I don't freak it out anymore) and now have to wait for Russell. Now what????

My mom said my dad throws them away, but that sounds horrible.. but the alternative is Russell having to kill it, UGH?!?!

Very squeamish right now, glue traps sound horrible but I only put 2 glue traps and 6 of the snap traps.. and the glue trap is what worked.. figures.

I have a rat story to beat the band. It should be told over cocktails for "full effect". I'll just summarize with I stayed in a hotel for a week!!!

We put glue traps outside cause I kept finding droppings on patio. Poor lizzard got stuck. It was gross!!!

You will sleep better now Laura. How long are you gonna be gone? Might want to leave a couple more glue things down (w/ door closed) in case he wasn't traveling alone!