Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Hi hi hi hi girls! How is everyone today? Cooollllddd here today in Houston. A low 30 degrees... I know I know, Jenn and Suzie and Judy are freezing their asses off in below zero weather but we're babies here in Texas. Our skin is not made to withstand this type of cold, LOL.

I am currently battling a cold. I've had it since Friday. Been taking lots of medicine hoping it never really sets in. I have way too much stuff to still do and I can't get sick.

We never made it out of town on Friday since my LITTLE SISTER was picked up for speeding and having several outstanding warrants. LOVELY. She was speeding to get home on Friday so that we could leave on our little vacation. So anyways. She had a few tickets that she never took care of so she got taken in. When she called us she told us not to post bond for her since it would be $200 bond for each ticket and then she'd still have to go to court and pay for each ticket. So she stayed in jail until late Saturday night and we went and picked her up. I hope she learned her lesson. She is really irresponsible with her stuff and I feel like she's never gonna grown up...

Anyways, instead of me getting all this stuff done since we didn't end up going out of town I actually didn't get much done. We went from party to party to party each night and during the day I was baking and cleaning.

We have a party tonight, and one tomorrow night and I still have presents to buy and like 10 to wrap. My laundry hasn't been put away and I have to pack to leave on my trip! What the heck, when am I gonna get all this done? It hurts my head to even think about it...

Terry, dishes are gorgeous! How many place settings did you get? Once I accumulate 12 settings of my regular china I will start getting some Christmas china. This pattern is just gorgeous. Do you know if it's new for '08?

Suzie - Pics are too cute!! Abby looks so happy! I'm sorry but I am brain dead this morning. Is she your granddaughter?

Tracyks - Robby looks so cute! And mama looks so hot! The best compliment I ever got was from my dad. It was about 6 months ago. I walked in the door and he goes, "hey there skinny". OMG, I was over the moon.... Isn't that funny? I'm just a daddy's girl and always seek his approval....

Rules rules rules... I threw them out the window along time ago. I know that I'm not setting a good example for my banded sisters when I'm not following one single rule. I drink and eat. I drink carbonated drinks. I eat sweets. I eat late. I forgo Protein for junk.... on and on and on. I need to get back in the game too...

Okay, i've got tons to do here at work. i leave wednesday and don't come back for 12 days! yippeeeeee...

be back later...

Russell called his mom this morning to find out if his dad's surgery was scheduled.. good news is, sounds like it will be after the holidays! It's a 6 hour long procedure, so they're trying to find a spot for it, but as we all know it's hard to fit such a long surgery in on short notice.

Then she said this morning she went to wake up (Russell's youngest brother) and his middle brother's fiance (the 40 year old with 3 kids) was in bed with him. Isn't that just about as redneck as they come? His middle brother is out of town visiting their g'ma right now. Should be an interesting Christmas!!

Terry those dishes are beautiful, I love the swirls on them!

I forget the other personals, I know everyone posted some great pics I looked through this weekend (I read on the weekends, just don't post because nothing to say).

I slept most of the weekend, shopped some yesterday with mom and she bought me a (soft) faux fur coat. She wanted to get me a blousy winter coat, and it's not my style so I just let her pick out whatever she wanted. Can't wear the stuff I normally like to right now anyway, may as well have a warm coat!

Oh and sure enough it went from 70 degrees to 17 today! I don't even have a coat for this weather.. mom is giving me that fur coat for Christmas!

Edited by FairyFacade

Have her give it to you early! I did that to my mom! I was wanting to wear this beautiful blouse to a party last week and I didn't have earrings or a necklace to match. My mom told me she had the perfect set for me but couldn't give it to me because it was my Christmas present. I begged and pleaded with her and I got it! I'm probably gonna wear it to Christmas dinner so that I can show off my present. So can you!

Hey girlies~~

WHEW! I *think* I am done w/shopping!! $200+ later at Target all on little piddly things... oh my!

Now it's wrapping time! I hole up in my room for hours... I like it!

I gave dd a pair of faux suede/sheerling boots early cuz' she had on the perfect outfit for them... I'm a sucker. I keep reminding her that they're a Christmas present... she'll forget. Oh well. As soon as I buy a good gift, I want to give it! I hate the waiting!!

Oh!! I MAILED OUT MY SS PACKAGE TODAY!! Express. It most likely still won't get there by Xmas... but maybe by the end of the week??

bbl!

OK...we had a nice turn out for the surprise...and boy was it ever! They loved it and cried! It was really nice. We had breaky, then BOSTON CREAM PIE at 9am...how evil is that??? OH well...it will ALL BE OVER SOON ENOUGH. I am not letting Susanne wash my jeans until mid Jan. LOL, they will be able to walk out of here by then, but they fit good now...after a wash...well, not so much! It is supposed to rain here today. The guy is supposed to fix the electric mother board thing too, but i am not sure if that will happen in the rain. We are gonna be w/o electricity for 45 min...so I've got to pop over and post grades quick!

Love you...I love the hustle and bustle of this time of year. Oh yea, my damn back flaired up this morning...sooooo...I am sitting on ice!

Looong boring day, this week is so dead.. most of our customers are closed till Monday already.

Went to Chili's and had my Tilapia today.. mmmmm it's SO good.

sleeping is even more uncomfortable, I hate it, feels like I'm pulling a muscle in my belly no matter how I lay.

I can't wait to ice Cookies & play Santa for Carson! Not next Christmas, but Christmas '10.. woohoo.

Someone at work got me a hot chocolate gift set, but they didn't leave a card or anything so I have no idea who gave it to me to thank them. Some reason I remember this happening last year too..

Good evening, Violets..

Off to carol this evening. My LAST musical gig for the Christmas season!! Storm watch for tomorrow and Wednesday. Oh joy.

We got a card in the mail today unsigned with $40 inside to give to DS Joe because he hasn't been working steady. Now that is what Christmas is all about.

Have a good evening. Will check in after the caroling.

Wow Judy, that IS the true spirit of the season. How wonderful.

MMM, pie for brekkie! I wanna live w/Pam!

My kids are starting to get charged up... bouncing around, being so silly, "playing well" together... I love this time of year!

Jane said that she still doesn't know what is wrong with her BUT she is getting better! (still in the hospital)

Home from a very long day traveling and it wasn't till the very end that my sister started to drive me crazy. LOL. Our Aunt was very happy to see us and we all had a great time visiting.

Poor Jane.

So, anyway I get hime and lo and behold there is a package for ME. Thank You Kat, just sure wether I should open it or not. What's the verdit??????

I'm feeling a little chilled so I took some cold meds and am going to head to bed and get some good sleep. They are calling for a good snow fall tomorrow. I may not have to work tomorrow night (yippee).

Have a great evening.

Suzanne, if you choose to open it, be warned it is wide open to view! It is not wrapped inside the box!

And you are VERY VERY welcome!!! Hope you enjoy!

And when y'all get texts from Jane, would someone email me? I am on free cell phone from DH's work, but no texting allowed......and I want to be in the loop!!!

Love getting all these Christmas cards from my girls-I had 9 cards in the mail today, and no bills LOVED it!!!

Kat

hi gals

quiet here today...

off to bed. it was only 17 here today 0 with wind chill

i'm cold and tired.

have a good night everyone..

Can't wait to open my SS gift... I hope mine makes it tomorrow, it went out priority on Friday

Good evening, Violets..

Just back from caroling and having hot chocolate and a sugar cookie or two afterwards. I am now officially done with all the musical things I needed to do for Christmas. From here on in, I can relax and enjoy looking forward to Christmas Eve and Christmas day.

I'm really tired after not sleeping well last night and being in the fresh air tonight. Off to bed. Everyone have a good night. sleep well. Especially Jane...

I got 2 presents early today!!

Well PAMela, I didn't know you didn't wrap them so I opened the box.. SO CUTE. I added it to my closet collection of baby stuff (I am going to take a pic one of these days, I seem like a crazy person hoarding all kinds of baby stuff in this big closet..you'd think I was going to kidnap a kid and it will live in there) and I love the fairy cards, those are the kind I normally buy for myself--but haven't in a long time!

(((LOVE MY PAMMY)))

Then, I had a package that (still) says out for delivery-today.. and UPS came.. brought Pam's package and a Pajama Gram. I thought, maybe my thing came in a Pajama Gram package, couldn't remember where I ordered it, so maybe an ebay seller sent in that.. anyway, it was a lovely pajama set with a note "Merry Christmas Baby" OOPS! I told Russell he should have sent it to himself, apparently I wasn't suppose to get that yet. It's nice fluffy furry pajamas, great for weather we're having right now! And it's cute that he picked them out, I don't think he's ever bought me clothes before so I've never seen him pick out something for me to wear.

Anyway.. went to mom's and helped her wrap her last presents, she put $100 bills in random medicine boxes for all us kids.. tampon box, duculax box, immodium box, etc. (She's a funny lady sometimes). I said Russ has to get the tampon box, that way I'll end up with his money.. he's so funny he won't touch my tampons or pads, the boxes even..so he's going to open it and drop it on the floor lol.

And I'm off to bed, I am exhausted.

Jane I know you won't get this now, but I'm really praying for you that you don't have to spend Christmas in the hospital :smile: