Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Well, the difference here Pamela is that he makes the mess, I either clean it or *I* pay for someone to clean it!

Well we both work the same hours, and I do all the cooking.. Russell has only cooked maybe 3 times in 7 years.. and it's eggs or steak. The only chores that are his alone are taking out the trash (but I have to pick up the trash).. and he does the laundry (but I have to fold & put it away).

My DH is perfectly content to live with a big pile of mess all around him. I honestly think that, if left to his own devices, that he'd be like one of those people on the news you see with papers piled to the roof and Jack-in-the-Box bags full of french fries left over from 1986.

TracyK...you need to step away from the scales for a few days and never ever step on them during your TOM!!! I think we all need to set a goal January 1 that will be reasonable and attainable by June 25th.

I haven't weighed in a while and tom is over so I braved the scales this morning. I *have* been peepee'ing alot today THANK GOD. As far as a goal, the only one I have is to get back to around 180 sometime before I croak.

Terry~ that reminded me of the I Love Lucy episode where they put the tape down the center of the apt and one side was his w/ banana peels etc on the floor and her side was perfectly clean.

I could go for a dose of ILL now!

Terry- Russell would too, and I point that out all the time. If I wasn't there, he would live off of fast food & mt. dew, he'd never bathe, he'd never get out of his computer chair, and the whole house would be run over with filth.. and our poor animals would never get fed.

Going to O'Charleys today and getting my cedar-planked Salmon! YAY! It's been a WHOLE WEEK since I had fish, I normally plan it out so I can eat as much as my doc allows. This is first time I went 7 days without. And instead of fish, I ate a bunch of crap. I was telling a coworker how I crave so much junk these days, I hate it. I could live off of sweets & Desserts right now.. and she goes "Did you see the cake in the break room?" BAD FRIEND!! I went and looked, it's the cake I bought for my friend's 30th birthday lol. It was a big sheet cake and they only ate like 3 pieces out of it.. but it's a week old.. ew.

Ew, a week old... leave it Laura! Esp. when there are so many FRESH treats around @ this time of year! lol!

I do EVERYTHING around here... and should dh do a stray something, like, say, change a lightbulb, I have to thank him like a million times or he'll never do it again... sheesh... I don't know what would happen if he actually had to "run" the house... it wouldn't be pretty...

TracyK, I love your goal's timeline "... sometime before I croak." :ohmy:

Judy, you are right on sister, w/the re-commitment @ the beginning of the new year... I'm trying to make good choices 'til then... but plan to DEFINITELY, NO MATTER WHAT, get the ol' butt butt back in gear then!!

Haydee, your life sounds so fun & full of parties!! I want to be you!!

Gotta go hide some gifts before ds returns from school!! bbl

It's me and Robby that do everything.. even taking out the trash.... if I even ask, I get an "OH Gawd" I have however quit hanging up his laundry.... Cody's job is supposed to be dishes but it is a war every night... IRRITATES THE EVERLIVINGCRAP out of me.. I constantly yell that I want my own bathroom.. (we only have ONE in the house) so sharing it with 5 males +SUCKS+ Oh I wish I would of kept my old 1st marriage house........ 3+ bathrooms and 6 acres of land..... built by me! but I didn't ....

SO.. I'm BACK FROM lunch with Suzanne and Daryl!!!!!!

She was my secret santa!!!!!!!!

I was so excited when I saw my gift I ended up knocking over her margi on her lap! (I'm such a clutz!)

She did a cross stitch of VIOLETS it is sooooo beautiful!

AND she got me a very pretty red blouse with a very nice necklace (THANKS JANE for helping her pick it out!) and to top it all off they picked up the tab!!!!!! not to mention she bought all 4 boys a candy filled cane for their stockings!!!!!!! I am so blessed... really I am.

From the bottom of my heart............ Thank you Suzanne!

post-208811-1381313795125_thumb.jpg

post-208811-13813137951458_thumb.jpg

post-208811-13813137951606_thumb.jpg

Edited by TracyinKS

Since I am not working, I almost get insulted when Rick suddenly starts picking things up, or grabs the vaccuum, like I am not doing MY job to his standards. He insists that is not it.

Makes me wonder----am I really IMPOSSIBLE to please??

Kat

I think it is our pre-programming to be the caretakers, lol. I love help when I am too busy to breath but I can easily feel guilty when I have extra time and my dh is helping out, lol.

If I have someone coming to clean - I always have to do a once-through to make sure it is not too embarrassing, lol. I feel like I need to pre-clean for the cleaners.

I constantly yell that I want my own bathroom.. (we only have ONE in the house) so sharing it with 5 males +SUCKS+

I feel your pain . . . I also bear the dubious distinction of being the only female in the house (and the only one who cleans the toilets, lol). All I can say is . . . .yucckkkkk!!!!

. . . and to think as a small girl I used to be envious of my little brothers being able to pee standing up, lol.

She did a cross stitch of VIOLETS it is sooooo beautiful!

AND she got me a very pretty red blouse with a very nice necklace (THANKS JANE for helping her pick it out!) and to top it all off they picked up the tab!!!!!! not to mention she bought all 4 boys a candy filled cane for their stockings!!!!!!! I am so blessed... really I am.

From the bottom of my heart............ Thank you Suzanne!

Ok, so this gift makes mine look like total chopped liver!! Thanks a LOT, Suzanne! :ohmy:

If I have someone coming to clean - I always have to do a once-through to make sure it is not too embarrassing, lol. I feel like I need to pre-clean for the cleaners.

Oh, I totally do this too. That's what had me so busy last night!

Ok, just got back from my surgeon's office and -- NO FILL for me! :cursing: Really, it's probably for the best. They did an x-ray and looks like I'm right where I should be restriction-wise. So we went over the bandster rules, she (the nurse) told me I look great, just get a little more exercise and I should be able to get another 20 off easy. :w00t: So....that's where I stand.

Susie, the Violets are beautiful! What a talent! How totally lucky you got some Violet face time w/ each other...I could use a dose of Violets now too.

Remember that cold I woke up w/ Sat? It was gone (ish) by Sunday, but I've kinda dragged through the week. Well, it is back! I feel icky and achy...and wanna go home.

My dumb cell phones SIM card got deactivated by the AT&T lady when I called in cause I was having trouble. NOW I have to go downtown after school and fix that as well. We are rescheduling the movie AGAIN because of the weather yesterday, our friends had to be gone today. This is fine w/ me, I need to work and rest!

I know I sound cynical, but it cracks me up to sit and "listen" to the rules again. LIKE I FORGOT 'EM. Really, no liquids w/ meals...wow. Protien first...you don't say!

I am in a fiesty mood, can you tell!

Michelle, hmmmm... we do "party" alot... Never thought about that. Mostly family events though. We're both very family oriented so it's always this or that with his family or mine. I only have to cook twice a week because usually two days out of the week we're either at his mom's, my mom's or his aunt's or my aunt's house. Then we eat leftovers one day and eat out twice a week...

Now that I think of it, I'm pretty blessed in that department... Next time i'm bitching about cooking just remind me of that... i'm spoiled compared to others...

And yes, I hate hearing "the rules" over and over again. I'm very very smart and know exactly what I should be eating and doing. But I don't and that's the problem!