Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Raise your hand if you're jealous that Suzie & Tracy get to meet for lunch!! :ohmy:

Just one week 'til you-know-what! EEK! I'd better get my butt in gear wrapping, etc... In fact, knowing my family, in a week from now it'll all practically be OVER! -- lol! Countless hours to prepare... an hour to rip through all the wrap!!

Terri... I'm in a funk w/dh as well... I could add details, but it's the same refrain... I think it's just extra irksome @ this time of year... grrr...

Make it a good one, girls!!

I'm at work!

Tracy!!!! my eyebrows need you today! :ohmy: For those that don't know while Tracy and I were having a drunk heart to heart in the pool she kept fixing my eyebrows! LOL I'm sure the onlookers from the bar were like WHAT THE HELL are they doing???? ROFL

Michelle: I must of been dreaming of you last night because I woke up about 1 a.m. mad as hell at your doc! LOL......... I wanted so bad to get up and call you.. but for some reason I didn't make it up out from under the covers!

OK....... the whole.. you are full in your band is crazy. I think she doesn't really know that they can be overfilled. I have the small (old style) band that holds 4 cc's of Fluid. At my tightest I had 4.25 in my band and my doc told me that he didn't have ANYONE with the small band over 5cc's. The bigger bands can hold upwards of 160cc's (HE LAUGHED when he told me that a bunch of band docs got together at a LAP BAND DOCTORS CONFERENCE and tried to bust one... they STOPPED at 160cc's!!!!!!!! So the fact that she is telling you that you are maxed out is a load of bullcrap.

Instead of just putting a tiny bit in... or none at all you need to be firm with her that you want more fill.... What some docs do is fill it super full, have you drink Water..... if you can't swallow they take some out until you can swallow Water easily......

I know everyone has different experiences and different doctors have various procedures, but YOU ARE THE BANDED PERSON..... I would call her back and demand a fill before the new year........ if she doesn't give you one.. find another fill doc..... and go there since you will be paying out of pocket anyway........... and you COULD use FLEX dollars to pay for fills.

When you can't eat solid food...... is when you are maxed out...... anything else is bullshit..... (not that you should be as tight as that, but you are not maxed out)

OK.. off my soap box... aren't you glad I didn't call and wake you up with that rant! :w00t:

So anyway.............

back down to 182 today......... will try to keep it low carb.... even IF suzanne and I meet for lunch! :cursing:

Thanks, Tracy... I needed that! Both the info & knowing that someone understands my frustration!! Next time I'll fly you out & you can come w/me!!

PS -- Thanks for not calling @ 1am!!

Morning V's~

Yeah Terry, I think we are going to wait a bit. Even 6 months, and have our $$ make more money for us too. Home sales are up 117% in the desert. We looked at a 5 (possibly 6...albeit small) bedroom house yesterday for 209! Would probably take a lower price too! Just for rental possibilities alone...but for now...we will continue to watch things fall, and let our $ get bigger!

God...I am ready for my vacay! SOOOOO tired and want to stay home today. best thing about today is that it is COWBOY HAT DAY for spirit week...so...I am looking forward to that!

Got my new phone yesterday...need a class just to figure it out. Hate that too, cause being type A...I need to know how to use my damn phone. LOL...I need a teenager huh?

Think we are FINALLY going to the movies tonight. If our friends can still make it, if not, then we will wait. We really want to see MILK w/ Sean Penn.

Have a great day!

xoxoxoxoxo

Good Morning, Violets..

EThan has arrived and he's sitting in his high chair coloring with MomMom's red pen. Every once in a while he'll call out "owie, MomMom" so I have to go in and kiss his little red pen marks on his hand. Life is good!!

Michelle... I know Bob has 9.5 in his band and our doc said to be careful because he was getting up to the limit. I'm at 3.5 and I can honestly say I wouldn't want mine any tighter. I have too many pb's as it is. My only downfall now is the sweets. If they went down like food does, I'd be skinny in no time. But they just slide right down and that's frustrating simply because I KNOW better!! But I'm not gaining... just maintaining. And after we get back into our exercise routine, I am counting on getting back on the losing track. We're all in this together and it looks like we're all experiencing the same things. Let's just focus on being cheerleaders for each other and help each other get to goal... deal????

We have a storm warning for tonight and tomorrow.. so what's new?? I just hope the Friday performance of Amahl doesn't get cancelled. We worked too hard to have one of three shows ditched. Bob and Kris and our friends from cruising are going on Saturday. We should have it all perfected by then. And then I'm done!! Well except for the church pageant on Sunday, playing flute at the senior citizen's home Sunday night and caroling Monday evening. But then I'm REALLY done!!

The Bobster is at a funeral today for the gentleman who joined church last Sunday. I have Ethan til 4 and then go to Amahl.

Sorry I missed all the brisket adventure. I was having my own adventure trying to get to Texas!

Tracy, Channel 5 is saying that the ice isn't suppose to start till around 3 pm. I'm gonna get in a take my shower and than talk to hubby about us coming. How are things your way? If all is ok than it's Appleby's at 11:30.

Ok.... well, that sent before I was done!

PamELa.. I'm so proud of you sticking with your dissertation. The Bobster took many years to finish his and his dad died during that time too, so I know what you're going through. But he did it and is so glad he did. It was a major accomplishment for him. Yet he still doesn't like to use that title.. Rev. Dr. H. Robert Case. I use it all the time. I tell him I paid for it.. we're going to use it!!!

Ladies, can you imagine what it would be like if we all lived within 50 miles of each other??? We would be legends at every restaurant we went to!!!:w00t::ohmy: And I'd always be the designated driver..

TracyK...you need to step away from the scales for a few days and never ever step on them during your TOM!!! I think we all need to set a goal January 1 that will be reasonable and attainable by June 25th.

Gotta go kiss another owie and then get my hair combed for the day. Everyone make it a good one!!! Suzie and Tracy, hope it works out for lunch for you two today.

BBL...

Morning girlies.... I'm so sleepy today. We had our party last night. It went amazing. About 60 people. Twenty of those were kids under 10, LOL. They were surprisingly good during the rosary. It takes an hour to do and usually kids get very antsy but these kids just played quietly on the floor.

We finallly said goodbye to the last person, my little sister, at around 11pm. I didn't clean a thing. Left the mess for God knows when. I went straight to be because I had to be at work at 7am this morning. Tonight is my mom's company Christmas party and we'll probably be out late. Tomorrow I leave to San Antonio from work and I will be gone till Sunday night. So I guess the mess will be there until Monday when I come back. Ugh. This is really not how I wanted to start my holiday week!

TracyK and Suzie - how was your lunch yesterday? Did you talk about me? Was it bad? LOL... love you both!

TracyK - I sorted through my clothes yesterday and will send you out a box on Monday. Whatever doesn't fit feel free to donate or recycle. If nothing fits then leave the whole darn box out on the curb with a FREE sign!

Terry - sorry you're feeling crummy! If it's any consolation to you I think most husbands help out as little as they can get away with and then expect applause for the dish they do manage to wash. Juan only helps clean up if the mess is little and manageable. Like washing four dishes or sweeping the porch. If it's a huge 'ol mess he will find other stuff to do to get away from it. And that's usually when I need his help! Ugh men! And no, unfortunately he hasn't hit a brick wall as far as weight loss. And I say unfortunately because it makes me just so sick that all he has to do is cut back just a little bit and run a couple of laps and he can shed his extra weight in no time. He goes up in November and he has chubby cheeks all through the holidays and then in the middle of January once we stop going to parties he is lean again. UGH!!!! Can you imagine how frustrating it is living with someone like that!!!!!

Judy - oh yum, I don't know how you can just make batches and batches of fudge and not want to keep every single bite for yourself. I would just be snorting that right and left and not have any to give away, LOL!

Okay, off to get my coffee before I nod off. This post has taken me an hour to put together...

Ooops! I thought Suzie and Tracy were getting together yesterday!

Say only good things about me girls!

Okay, the next get together in Texas, I wanna come! It sounds like you guys had a blast!

Texas is my neighboring state, I live in Oklahoma, so it wouldn't be anything for me to come down. lol.

Today makes my 23 month band anniversary and I woke up and lost 4 lbs overnight, putting me down to 166, a new all time low for me! I'm so happy!

I hope everyone stays nice and warm today, sounds like its getting snow and ice all over the US. We are supposed to get it on Saturday night. yuck. Us okies don't do good on the ice. lol

Judy- That would be the awesomest thing evar! And, you would not be the only DD :ohmy:

Radio said we're suppose to be up into the 70's this weekend. 70's! A week before Christmas? They kept saying we're going to have the coldest winter ever--with snow and everything. And it's going to be 70's. I am VERY disappointed.

My friend posted pics from our company Christmas party, I didn't realize I made it into any of them (I tried to keep hidden, felt very frumpy that evening).

But I sat between Russ & his boss.. oddly enough, this was 2 days in a row someone dropped their drink on me. So Russ wins a raffle drawing, he goes to get it and his boss drops a glass cup of tea on the table, shatters all over me and the table. I was like "WOW, you're that mad eh??" hehe.

The day before at post-bowling my dad dropped a 64oz Mt Dew on me.. I was covered in sticky Syrup, really sucked.

brucelaruss.jpg

Whew.. I'm back. Being without power when it's 17 degrees out is not a good thing. And my fireplace is electric. Ethan kept bringing me the remote and saying.. what happened? What happened? Then he'd point to the tv expecting me to turn it on! YIKES!!! The power was off for about a half hour. We just have to remember to reset the hot tub. It doesn't go back on automatically when the power comes back on.

Off to do some knitting while Ethan is watching Dora.

Oh.. and I hate to mention it, but the Bobster with all his faults, does help a lot around the house. Course he makes most of the mess, so he SHOULD clean it up!! I know I'm blessed to have him as a hubby. He keeps telling me every day!!:ohmy:

BBL...

I wasn't going to comment, wow Judy aren't you lucky!!

Russ makes 80% off the messes, I clean up 98% of the messes. How fair is that?

What I can't get over, is how I have to clean all the time--while he's sitting around on the computer or watching tv.

But then when I ask him to do something, I have to be doing something too. I can't have him vacuum while I watch TV, or he heavy sighs every 2 seconds.. like woe is him, having to clean all by his lonesome.

As far as the "helping around the house" thang goes...well I am like the dh's in the bunch. I will either pay SOMEONE ELSE to do it, or it doesn't need to be done. Susanne does EVERYTHING...plus all laundry and ironing. I figure I have 2 jobs and would be happy to pay someone to do what needs to be done. My maid (which we are not using now) even ironed for me! It cost 2 bucks a shirt but hell...was WAY worth it to me. The only thing I do is cook. She has made 2 dishes (German) since we've been together. Last night I made chix, zuccini, sal for me and mashed pots for her! It was yummy. Then she did dishes, I dried and put away...then sat on the couch and worked on Walden as she wipped down the stove and counters! I try to put things away...but she is constantly telling me where I fail in that area. LOL, oh well! You still gotta love me!

Since I am not working, I almost get insulted when Rick suddenly starts picking things up, or grabs the vaccuum, like I am not doing MY job to his standards. He insists that is not it.

Makes me wonder----am I really IMPOSSIBLE to please??

Kat