Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

It sounds like it must have been a fun gathering of the Violets in Texas. . . and I recognize just about everyone in the picture on TracyinKS's signature line :0)

Laura, your Craigslist story is so funny . . . people just amaze me. The nursery is going to be soo cute.

mdrai, no Cereal? ??? . . . but I love cereal lately, lol.

Sunshine2, you are going to feel awesome after you recover from surgery and your women problems dissappear with a nice flat tummy to boot.

Piehole report:

dinner (yesterday night) - Eggplant Mussakka - yummy

Breakfast - Slimfast and a banana because I ran out of time.

lunch - Mushrooms and eggs with a little cheddar cheese.< /p>

snack - 2 chocolate dipped potato chips here at the office (I really didn't like them that much).

Dinner - hmmm, not sure yet.

Is brisket that YUMMY meat we had in Texas??? I was a bit drunk (haha...a bit, lol) but I remember some yummy meat that I had never had before!

oh pamela........... you walked right into that one! Yes my mind is totally in the gutter!

Hi all, I'm just swinging by, well because I haven't in awhile. Just wanted to say Hello to everyone.

The big news in my world is I'm having a hysterectomy - and the doctor that is doing it is giving me a "free" Tummy Tuck. He always does it for the women he has to cut. So, I get a little bonus out of the deal. LOVE IT.

I am having surgery next month, I'm so ready to be out of my "female" pain and issues.

Hope everyone is doing great and enjoying their season.

Tonya: THAT IS FANFREAKNTASTIC!!!!!!!!! (not that your in pain, but NO MORE PERIODS and a TT to boot!!!!) if and when I ever need a hysterectomy I'm calling you for your docs info!!!!!!! (and if you think I'm kidding.. I'm totally serious!)

I seriously don't remember eating brisket...... I just remember the damn kalua coladas that Tracy got me hooked on!

Heather... yes it was quite the time..... putting all the online personalities with real people...... hearing their voices is quite freaky.... it was so fun though... and no one turned out to be an ax murderer! LOL

The first night we were cutting loose... and several of us ended up TANKED... *it was so fun*

Hubby abd I went to work at the hospital and then we went to a Christmas party. The house that we went to belongs to a lady that works out at the 6am shift. OMG. You should have seen this home. Absolutely amazing and she had it decorated beyond belief. She was born on Christmas eve and so the holiday has a special meaning to her. We had a good time and really enjoyed ourselves.

Headed to bed now and hoping that the weather will cooperate for tomorrow. I'm headed to have lunch with Tracy if the ice storm will hold off.

TracyK~ LMAO...yeah, I didn't see that one coming! HAHA. We ate some brisket (so I am told) the first night. The funny thing was I think it was 1 brisket dinner and a few sides fed 9 Violets (Judy was still in transit). Yep! One Texas size dinner fed 9 Violets. Not sure if it could work again...we were tanked! I remember Terry coming in w/ the meat in a box...and me amazed that I'd never had any!

Got my new phone today!!! WOOHOO! Can't figure this damn thing out!

Hi everyone!

I'm in a poopy mood! K, so let me start with my personals and maybe by the time I finish I'll be in a better mood.

Pamela - my dear, I can hardly stand it I'm so freaking proud of you!!! ...and proud to know you too! Just think how reluctant you were to finish that up. By God, you were even thinking of tanking the whole project!!! And now look at you!! :shades_smile::biggrin::confused: Wish I was there to give you a big hug! BTW, what happened to Susanne going to the gym with you in the mornings??? :sad_smile: Snuggled on the couch as you leave for work??!? Man, I'd be b-i-t-t-e-r.

Judy - Can it get any colder and snowier there?? Gonna be a long winter for you guys, especially since you didn't have much of a summer! :ohmy: Well, you did have those cruises...maybe you just need to drag out the pictures and crank your heat up to 90.

TracyinKS - Been meaning to ask you how things are between you and DH lately? And Cody?...how's he been? Oh, and thanks for the 'beautiful' compliment :thumbup: It's been a long time since I felt 'beautiful', so I'll take it! Thanks :wink:

TracyK - When I was low carbing, I maintained my weight very easily eating 40-50 carbs a day. But that's still pretty dang hard to do....as is getting in 70+g of protein! I dunno....the longer I have this band, the more I seem to love bread!? It's one of the things I always know that I can get down. Uh, that and enchiladas. :tt1:

Michelle - I think we're all struggling with how to proceed. I hope we can all get back on the wagon after the 1st. I'd like to see us all lose at least another 20#...that'd be nice. We're not failures...not by any stretch....we're very typical bandsters...but we are healthy and healthiER than we were 2 years ago so let's not beat ourselves up. You gotta admit that it's a helluva lot easier to NOT gain weight now, eh?

Janie - when do you get your results? Sorry you're a bit sore...and cranky...I would be too. Hope you feel better soon.

Jenn - Do you think you can make it 3 more weeks?? Are you feeling alright in the energy department? hair falling out or anything? :thumbup: Hope not. I can't wait to see you in June!! :) I miss you! Call me sometime!

Kat - You're such a wonderful grandma. Kinsey is so lucky to have you in her life. Oh, and I meant to say that I loved your letter in your Christmas card. It was so so sweet. You're such a good writer -- straight from the heart. Hey, is your face still 'mooney'?? Isn't there some kind of allergy test they can do on you??

Suzie - Don't be getting out on those bad roads if you don't have to!

Haydee - Juan is really SO handsome! How the heck did he gain 10# since Thanksgiving!? LOL Ruh roh -- has he hit the proverbial brick wall too? It happens to the best of us! When's your next wedding? Oh, and I found out that we're going to McCormick and Schmicks tomorrow night...not Smith and Wollenski's. Ho hum.... I'd rather just stay home, actually. Bah Humbug.

Laura - Hi!! Hope you got your crap outta da house.

Tonya - Yeah, that gathering in Texas was a memory I don't think any of us will forget soon. It was a major hoot!

My ex and his wife went Xmas shopping in Gruene last weekend! Can you imagine how cute that town is at Christmas?? What a great idea that is, eh?

Ok, yeah, now I do feel a little better. DH is getting me down again with his lack of help around the house....his poker, his golf, his kids, his grandkids, his work...they all come first. And when he does "help" he like washes 4 dishes and he's done. I try not to say anything (cause it really doesn't help anyway) but we emailed back and forth today about what all we had to accomplish in the next few days and I asked him to help me tonight straightening the house and putting things away...since he will be playing POKER AND GOLF this weekend. He cheerfully agreed. He washed 4 dishes and now is cleaning his golf cleats. Seriously, it makes me just want to cry. And I don't cry often.

That, and I really miss my mom.

And my daughter got in trouble at school yesterday for hugging her 'boyfriend' in the hall.

And my son looks like he will be making mediocre grades (at best) in community college when he says he wants to be an engineer. He soooooooooo doesn't get it.

Pfffffffffffffft.

BUT.......I love, love, LOVE my violets! XOXOXO

And now, for our daily LOL Cat:funny-pictures-cat-is-dressed-like-a-reindeer-and-might-kill-you.jpg

Terry, sorry you are feeling blah! I do know where you are coming from. I do 90% of the housework around here, but only now that I am home all the time. When I had the day care, and was away from home, I got more help out of DH. AND I had someone come in and do basics once a week. Now I do it all, and it is done to a lesser degree!!! LOL I really missed Leona doing my house today when I was scrubbing the damn stove top-----talkabout nasty!!!

This afternoon we went to see Gary---and he is looking like Gary again! He has color, and was talkative---such a relief! He is beginning a soft diet by mouth again. See how it goes. Today he swallowed one of the cameras---the way they eventually say they will do routine colonoscopies. As it works through his intestinal tract it will take over 40,000 pictures. He wears this monitor type thing while it is working through. So I can see if you are in the hospital it would be ok, but out and about---it would be seriously cumbersome!

Then we drove Kinsey (she & Manda went with us to see Gary) through some Christmas lights, and she and I come home and dipped pretzels. I know they are easy to buy, but they are easy 'candy' for her to make, and she loves being in the kitchen!

Manda got the first load moved to her new place today. She was not able to go to work, they closed to all but essential field personel due to the weather. It is due to snow another 6" tonight. But tomorrow she goes with the team to deliver to the needy families they adopted. She said she thinks she needs the reminders---life could be so much worse.

Jane I am sorry you are hurting! I hate that! I am looking at biopsy soon I know and I am dreading it. Mine will be less invasive I am sure, they deaden my leg and drill away!! LOL, sounds trite, but true!

I should be wrapping some gifts, but putting off making the mess!

My neighbor was taken away in an ambulance a little while ago. He had a heart attack several years ago, but has seemed to do fine since. He actually walked out, on oxygen, and then they settled him into the back of the ambulance, and attached all the leads, and BP cuff. His wife followed the ambulance, which was not using emergency lights or siren. He is not a bad guy, he always speaks, and he talks heart issues with Rick a lot. She on the other hand is a bitch and a half! She treats everyone else like they are miles below her. She will not speak if she passes you in the store, or if we happen to go to our cars at the same time. They own a realty company, and a title company, and are part owners of the local Country Club Golf Course. They had a party one night, and when I come home, one of their guests had parked IN my driveway! I could not park at my own house! I come so close to just having it towed---but I called and when she finally lowered herself to come to the phone, she was MAD that I was insisting the car be moved. She didn't like me before and likes me less now! BUT, she treats all the neighbors that way. Why they do not move out to the green, I will never know! Luckily all my other neighbors are equally lowly people like myself and we get along fine!!! LOL

As for the allergy tests, we have done many. I know several things I am allergic to. None being in bloom, or an issue (cats) at this point. When I dealt with these hives last time, when my Grandma was dying, they decided they were stress related and called it idiopathic uticaria.........unexplained hives. I had no problems for years, and voila` here we go again. Thinking maybe the debit card thing, and then the IRS thing, coming so close on the twisted intestine thing---I might have overloaded. Not to mention that we have 3 kids and grandkids and they would never be stressful or anything....oh yeah and demanding inlaws I had to deal with in Texas for a solid week.......yeah it could be stress I guess!!! LOL

Well I am going to hit the shower. I cut Ricks hair, and feel all itchy. I am not sure how you do that Jane---I feel his pokey stubble hair all over my shirt!

Talk to y'all tomorrow!!

XXOX

Kat

morning gals

quick check in, trying to catch up reading what's happening

We got brisket - i think that was a $30 dinner for all 10 of us.... that was great

anyway - got to go, have to get money before work, i'm having firewood delivered today

big meeting day today - i'm exhausted already

TracyKS, let me know when you get to work.

Terri, Hope you're feeling better. Around here in my house, I do 100% of the housework. But that is my choice. It's my house and I chose it and I take care of it. I do all the inside work and Hubby does all of the outside work. But you know, there are sometimes that when I could use a little extra help and knowing that he is in there sitting on his but just puts a little erk in my butt. But then there is also times that I turn around and he's doing dishes. I love those moments.

Jane, keep us posted on how you are doing.

TracyK, you spend all that money yet???????

Pam, I'm also a big fan of yours. You Rock.

Haydee, Too beautiful.

Laura, Too funny

Everyone have a great day. Hugs.

CTCD Day.

Mornin' ladies....I am back up to 213. I Have nobody to blame but me so I won't bore you with any promises of what I am going to do about it, or BW&C (that is bitch whine & complain). I will just do what I have to do and report in what I am consuming in a piehole report for accountability. It is what it is. (hopefully it is alot of Fluid, lol)

Terry-ain't it funny how easily enchiladas slide down? (not to mention Cookies and ice cream) pfft! lol

Have a great day everyone! You know what to do...:ohmy:

I seriously don't remember eating brisket...... I just remember the damn kalua coladas that Tracy got me hooked on!

Oh, thats right, blame the fat girl, huh?:ohmy: :w00t: LMAO! I used NO CHAINS or WHIPS! None of you were hostages on the way to sonic OR at the bar! I dealt with only willing participants!

Pamela - I meant to mention to you that DH was telling me about an interview he saw on TV the other day. It was with an economist who predicted this whole banking/mortgage crisis way back in '05 or something. In this interview he was saying that we've really only BEGUN to see the slide in real estate prices and that he predicts it will get much worse in 2009 before it gets any better. So, just do your research and proceed with caution, OK? I'm sure you will.