Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

LOL you guys crack me up. I wish I had something sweet to eat!!!

Had a couple shrimp from a skewer for lunch (not very good)..

I want cheesecake.. or ginger snaps.. or icing.. icing is fine.

Good afternoon, Violets..

Back from the funeral. They were very appreciative.

We're on our last batch of fudge and not a hint of cheese in any of it! We made 2 batches each of milk chocolate, Peanut Butter, mint and semi-sweet with nuts. Now to wait til it's all set so I can cut it and box it up. Got some cute boxes from Current this year. I figure I have about 14 people to make boxes for.

We're going out to look for new computer chairs and then to a new Trikke rink. I got a Trikke a few years ago and swore I'd get on it after I lost some weight. Needless to say, it's still in the garage in the rafters. I'm anxious to see what the brand new track is like, cause I'll be able to do it in the winter.

Our oldest son needs some cash to get gas to deliver his papers, so we'll head out there in a bit. Then back to church to pick up my drink bottle I left there.

Rehearsal tonight from 6-8 and then I can rest the rest of the night. Think maybe I'll wrap Christmas presents tonight and get that all done. (that's called resting!)

Pie hole report for today..

B= 1 yogurt

L= 1 cup broccoli cheese soup

2 glasses chocolate milk

several licks of the fudge stirring spoon. (just for quality control, mind you!!)

Off to go do our errands.. BBL...

TracyK - before you spend too much money let me go through my stuff to see if I have stuff that will fit you. We have opposite body shapes. I'm in a 14/16 top with an 18/20 bottom so all my size 20, 22 stuff I still have from last year...

OMG Haydee...hook a sista up! I have nothing!

ohhhhhhhh I don't feel well........... I think I'm in a cheesecake coma. Seriously I think I have the shakes... maybe I'll get lucky and get the runs! :tongue2:

Well, if THIS doesn't sound just like something I would say....

LOL, sounds like we are all in the same boat! I have icing...just bought it @ the store!:thumbup:

several licks of the fudge stirring spoon. (just for quality control, mind you!!)

Hmmm, quality control. Can I use that line? LOL :biggrin:

Hey girls, are we really sure we wanna do the pie hole report???? Mine sucks in a big way!!! LOL

Maybe I'll come back to that later!!!

The big news is my Secret Santa present went out, and should be delivered by weeks end she said. Now if YOU get my package, be advised it is NOT wrapped inside--when you open the box it will all be exposed. So the choice is yours, open---or stuff behind the tree so the silly box will not show!!!

I hope it makes it South without trouble.....wait, maybe it is north of me....West without question. Oh No! It must be East, I think I turned around in the PO parking lot! Never was good at directions, but it is without a doubt one of those---or even a couple! LOL

Got my drive and walks shoveled. Rick did them before he left, and I did them again. Now the temp is warm enough even though it is still snowing, that it melts off pretty well when it hits the shovelled areas.

My Kinsey is having a bit of struggle with things. She was VERY concerned this morning about her Mommy not coming back. And has ask me several times when she is coming back.

Manda has called and texted Jason and ask him to please respond, she just wants to know he is ok, and that Kinsey needs him to talk to her too, to let this be as easy as possible on her, but he has not responded. Rick said he has not been at work. He didn't go yesterday because he was sore from snowboarding all weekend, and then she had the talk with him last night, and he didn't go today.

Manda drove as far as the state line (NM & CO), and got stopped at the border, she was required 4WD or chains to go over a small mountain between the border and work. She has neither, she has good tires, and front wheel drive---but that wasn't good enough. So she parked at the checkpoint, and one of the field hands in a company truck with 4WD picked her up and took her on up to work. She is in charge of buying for the needy family her group adopted---and they are shopping today.

The family has a special needs child, he has a disease, I cannot pronounce, but he is 9 years old, and weighs 30 pounds, wears a 24 month old clothes. The older daughter ask for new glasses. They went and met with the family to arrange for her to see an eye Dr. amd in conversation found out their washer was out, so they bought the family a washer, and clothes and gifts for the kids. Jeans for the Dad--who works, but just cannot keep up with the expenses medically, and have enough left to buy gifts.

Manda said it was so much fun to buy gifts without the cost concern. I mean they still tried to get as much for their money as possible, but when we do the Angel gifts, we always have to concern ourselves with the cost factor--she said this was just amazing, and the feeling she said she could not even describe to me......although I bet it is similar to the Mom feeling I have knowing she is enjoying the giving the way I always hoped she would. Does that make sense???

Before we left for the PO and grocery store, I let the dogs out. Kinsey was right out in the snow with them. That Pug began running circles around her out there, he had us both laughing so hard Kinsey ended up falling on her fanny in the snow! He LOVES the snow! This is his first experience with it--and he rolls in it, and scoops it up on his smushed in nose---and runs like a crazy thing in it. He literally smiles ear to ear---such a funny thing. The chihuahua on the other hand, is not a happy camper. Of course the snow is way too deep for him, he is under 3 pounds, he is sooooo tiny. So he goes to the edge of the porch, does his duty (or doody---as the case may be) and runs as fast as his little twig legs will carry him back again!!! LOL

OK.....not that this is seeming to make me behave, it will explain my weight gain!

B--peanut butter toast

S-oatmeal cookie, then another, then choc. pretzel....then it was time for

L-vegetable soup---with crackers and Diet DP

S-celery & Peanut Butter, handful of fresh roasted peanuts---and these sweets are not calling my name, they are screaming and threatening me!!

Tacos are on the menu for dinner.......lets hope I can semi behave til then. I need Water....I need help!

Hives are some better this morning, I had one on my lip.....hate them! others behind my knees. The cold made them worse, but the cleared quickly---from shovelling I mean.

Well, off to make more things I do not need to eat!!!

Wish me luck.

Stay warm everyone!

Kat

....I need that show Intervention!

Speaking of which, I watched that show last night. I caught 2 episodes. Now I am hooked!

DH canNOT figure out why I like to watch shows like this. I am totally addicted (haha) to Intervention, too. I love to watch the marathons! Ok, so is there something wrong with me??

My mom is bellyaching about her recovery....... she is in the "what the hell have I done to myself stage" I told her it was normal...... oh boy I can't wait til she starts losing.....

Oh, I definitely remember that stage!!! Just give her a big ol' hug from all of us and reassure her she will not always feel this way! LOL Poor dear. Another month she'll be doin' the happy dance!
So so glad to hear that everyone is barely getting their SS present out. I thougth I was so behind. My violet might get hers on Christmas Day!

Oh and I'm working on my Christmas cards too. I'm pretty sure this is the latest I've ever gotten them out. I hope everyone gets them before Christmas!

I am so far behind it is the worst year EVER for me in that regard!! I feel so guilty about it too!? WTF is THAT?? I'm not a good person because I can't get my Xmas decorations out and Cookies made??? :biggrin:
This may sound gross...but it is sooooooooo good! Best part it is easy breezy lemon squeezy...did I mention good?!

VELVEETA cheese FUDGE

There is NOTHING right about this!! LOL It is wrong on every level!!

and this is coming from a person who has attempted to make EVERYTHING out of pork rinds!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!! Yes, I remember pork rind pancakes!! :tongue2: I almost had myself convinced they tasted OK. Then I got real.

I don't know if the nesting stuff makes it worse, but I am getting really annoyed with my house.. The new coffee tables came in HUGE boxes--that won't fit in my car. My sister said she'd come pick them up for me--but she's not, and she doesn't answer my texts (which means she is trying to get out of doing it). So they are taking up a lot of room.. then the old coffee tables, several people on craiglist keep saying they are coming--then they don't. So I keep having to 'reschedule' with the next person, and it's going in a full circle. It's been over a week dealing with the same folks. I'm so frustrated, pick up the damn tables, I am selling 2 end tables & 1 coffee table-perfect condition (I just hate glass top!) for $50.. just $50!!! If goodwill would pick them up, I'd let them take them for free.

And then the furniture in the nursery that needs to be moved to the computer room that Russell's brother kept flaking out on. I hate having to rely on ANYONE to do anything for me--for this very reason. I hate coming home right now and seeing all this crap and knowing I can't do anythinig about it.

Can't Salvation Army come pick it up?? Or Purple Heart?
OMG OMG.............. two pieces of cheesecake.....

am I a dumbass or what?????????

Seriously........ get this

I had NOTHING off the buffet on my plate except some Pork Loin....... ate it too fast, rushed to the bathroom... pb'd it all... and what did I do??????? ATE half the first piece of cheesecake....... but lo and behold the pork loin wasn't all gone yet....... so pb #2 out came the rest of the pork loin and the chocolate cheesecake with cookie crust......... the nuns were still singing....... so I sipped my coffee and smiled.........and ate the rest of my chocolate cheesecake.......... another sister started playing a maramba or something... and they brought out a MINT CHOCHOLATE cheesecake........... and I said what the hay and had a piece of it too............ IS IT ANY WONDER HOW I BALOON to 280 in a blink of an eye??? LOrd.............. but the upside....... that is all I've eaten today! (yes, this is me justifying my dumbass)

I would go into a diabetic coma if I ate this........but DAMN that sounds good!!! LOL
Lost count on the ginger snaps...but the good news is they are gone. I think I should quit posting entirely until after the holidays. I suck at this weight loss thing.
Uh, read the last 5 pages of this thread, m'dear. You sound perfectly normal to me!!!

Mmmmmmm icing!!! Is that like the cheapest form of chocolate you can get or what?? $0.92 for a whole TUB!!! Sin in a can...that's what they oughta call it.

my piehole report:

1/4 of a scrambled egg/cheese sandwich (PB city)

1 c french onion Soup

1/4 c chicken salad

12 Peanut M&Ms

2 TBSP Peanut Butter - right outta the jar

Still struggling with whether or not to get a fill. One day I'm scarfing down an entire platter of mexican food, the next day I'm stuck on a little chicken salad. :thumbup:

I'm so on the fence about a fill......... after being too tight to too long.... it's kind of cool to be able to eat, but that thought process also scares me... I just need to make the RIGHT choices.

Thanks for the reassurance Terry...that is why we all love the Violets so much!

Kat...I love tacos, what time is dinner? I THINK I am making spaghetti for dinner. Sus gave me a "we'll see" when I asked...nothing pisses me off more than "we'll see".

I can't wait for a fill after baby. Going to be losing weight with baby in tow.. wee.

Gosh I wish this story wasn't so complicated to tell, I am rolling on the floor and want to tell everyone but it's so complicated.. let me see if you guys can follow and have a good laugh with me.

Terry-- Short answer is no, none of our charity places will pick up, in fact everytime I go to drop off clothes they aren't taking donations in general (very odd, eh? our charities are spoiled I guess).

Ok so last week Lady 1 (responded first) told me how her daughter would love the tables for college blah blah, I wrote her back yeah these were my college tables, they're great! Can you pick them up tomorrow (which was last Tuesday) at 6pm? She said yes I'll be there.

Tuesday came & went. Around 9pm Tuesday night I wrote her and said "I am staying up late waiting for you, please let me know if you're still coming???" No answer. 2 days later I even wrote and said "Are you still planning to get the tables?" no answer. I reduce the price on Craigslist this weekend. Yesterday another person asks for them, they said they are 2 hours away and blah blah.. and Lady 1 also wrote me again (she lives!) and she says she wants to come pick them up. I wrote Person 2 back and said, let me find out if original buyer is coming, if I don't hear back from them I will let you know. I write Lady 1 back last night and said.. I will be home from work after 6pm, if you can come pick them up then. Please let me know ASAP because someone else wants them and I need them out of my house. If I don't hear from you by 2pm tomorrow--I will let the other person come get them. So 2pm comes--no answer, so I let the other person know, come get them at 7pm (by this time I find out DH & Dad are making me go to a movie tonight at 5pm). Lady 2 CALLS me at 3pm. I told her, I already told someone else to come--they have not responded, so let me see where they stand.. then she says "But you told me last night I could come get them" and I reminded her, I gave her a cut off time, etc.. She started getting MEAN.. so I ALSO reminded her I wasted a whole night waiting for her to come get them- or at the very least LET ME KNOW she wasn't coming. She starts being flat out bitchy, so I said ya know what, forget about it, this isn't going to work out. She says FINE and hangs up.

Seriously folks, this is all for some CHEAP ASS TABLES ON CRAIGSLIST.

The plot thickens.

I think it's all over, then I get an e-mail...

I will be notifying craigslist of your unwillingness to work with a client and your attitude. I was unable to come to huntsville last week due to sickness but if you did not sell them that sounds like a personal problem. I was willing to come at your request of 6 tonight and then you baled on me! You not only disappoint me but a daughter in need of furniture in college. Thanks for nothing and if you don't sell them tonight it is your fault!!! vickie

Yeah this lady is all kinds of victim.

Here was my response..

Vickie,

You said you were coming last week--and did not show up. You should have had the tables by now.

I have to work late, and I'm not a store and you're not my client. I can't get home in time, I apologize but that's out of my control. Again, you should have come LAST WEEK when you TOLD ME you were coming if you feel so inconvenienced. At the VERY LEAST you could have let me know you were sick so I didn't end up staying home all night waiting for you.

In any event, if they are not sold tonight I am calling Goodwill--again I am not a store, and you're not my customer. If your daughter didn't get tables, she can thank her mom for not going when she said she was or at least letting me know so I knew where I stood. I don't have a warehouse to house this while you go back and forth on what you want.

Thank YOU for absolutely nothing.

Can you imagine the fun I am having here?

Hehehehe my friend, after tellin' her the story she checked with her sister (who just moved in with a b/f) if she wants em.. she does, and said she can come tonight.

I told my friend "Is she 100% sure? Let her know if she says she is coming tonight--and doesn't come.. the Wrath of LaLa may fall upon her..."

Same friend that let me use her car tonight to move the boxes.. yay.. boxes & furniture gettin takin care of tonight, OR ELSE.

Last thing is the nursery crap that needs moving.

oh laura, too funny! I need you to write my responses to no shows please. These people just think that we have all the time in the world when we're trying just to get rid of stuff at a very very reasonable price.

Terry - What is it with all this guilt this time of year?? I feel guilty if I don't manage to come up with sweet thoughtful gifts for every single person. Some years all I want to do is buy gift cards and be done with it but seriously my guilt won't let me...

Kat - Jason is being a poopy head. Seriously, he's acting like a three year old so Manda needs to talk to him like a three year old. The man has a child, HELLO, and he's acting like this? She did the right thing for herself and for Kinsey.

TracyK - I'll sort my stuff this weekend and send it out to you on Monday...

Sorry for all the posts, haven't quite figured out how to do the multiple quote fancy thing that tracy and terry do...

TracyK - I'll sort my stuff this weekend and send it out to you on Monday...

Haydee-OOOH, thank you thank you thank you!

btw Laura-that response e-mail you sent her was fabulous! She has nerve, right?!

Terry-you don't have decorations up & haven't baked yet? SHAME ON YOU! LOL :tongue2::tt2: Just joking sweets! Don't be so hard on yourself! It's not like you have a full time job or something! Sheesh!

Good news...I tried to eat enchiladas today but hey tasted nasty. So, I had a pina colada instead....lol, I suck! Anyway, at least it wasn't a plate full of food AND a pina colada, right? :thumbup:

As far as a fill goes...I am like Tracy AND Terry. One day I feel like I need one, the next day I am PBing. I need to just make the right choices. No amount of fill is gonna fix my brain! (even though I wish it would)

Jane & Laura-do ya'll like how Sugar just handed the million dollars to Bob on Survivor? Then again, Maddy would have won if she would have kept him. She wasn't gonna win either way. I wonder if she knew that?

Goodnight violets....sweet dreams!! :biggrin:

Hubby and I went and cleaned the steps and driveway and than I made the decision that I was not going to open the store today. So I called my boss and told her and she was really fine with it. The news is showing cars all over the place. Glad I stayed home.

Jane, Hubby wants me to Thank You for the card you sent. He got a big kick out of the trivia. That was really sweet of you.

Here's a pic of me and doggie out in the snow.

post-214709-13813137948445_thumb.jpg