Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

My SS is lucky to be getting the gift at all....I love the box and the gift in it and did not wanna part with it..LOL I will just go get me one too :)

It was so great paying off some bills yesterday. Now they are history...gone...siyanora :crying: WOOHOO!:blush: No car note either...sweet....:frown:

Today I am going to do some Christmas shopping for Macy. She wants a cupcake maker:scared2:. That is what she told santa she wanted so I will go get it. Hopefully it runs out of batter really quickly, lol. My mom already got her the lion cub she wanted. She is at the age that she wants everything she sees on TV. "mom, I want that" "Mom, I want that" MOM HURRY AND COME LOOK....I WANT THAT"!! lol

I also need to get something that I thought I would never get....bigger winter clothes. Thats right...my long sleeved shirts are too tight. :crying: I dropped all my bigger winter clothes off @ Goodwill last spring. BUT, it is what it is and I will fix it and move on. Most of my 12/14 (stretch) pants still fit....I always gain weight in my upper body. Its the linebacker in me. Even when I got down to 173 the smallest shirt I could wear was 18/20 or MAYBE a big 16. Now I am back to a 20 or 22. Oh I could SQUEEZE into 18 but I hate tight clothes. If it clings to me, forget it! I will not wear anything that lets the rolls show. :blushing: I spy some serious new years resolutions. :mad2:

Have a great day everyone and lets strive for a good pie hole report, k?

So far I have had coffee:biggrin:

Sitting here watching it snow. It's so pretty but that is because right now I don't have to get out in it. I'll have to keep an eye on it though. I'm scheduled to work the late shift today. We'll see.

On to my second cup of hot chocolate. I ran out of marshmallows though. Abby was over yesterday for a couple of hours and we sat and roasted them in front of the fire. She had such a good time doing it.

Have a great day and don't forget that it is CTCD. That means you Suzie.

Good morning, Violets..

Been up for a while now. Took DS Joe to work so I could have my car today. We should have the deal wrapped up on Joe's car this week. Then I will have my car back permanently!!

I have a funeral to sing at this morning, then finish up the fudge making. It's darn cold here. 7 degrees right now. No snow or rain in the forecast so I'll keep my fingers crossed I can get in the hot tub tonight. Haven't been able to do that for several days because of the weather.

We have our last rehearsal tonight for Amahl and then the performances Thursday, Friday and Saturday. It really is going to be a nice production. It's all local talent of course and they are amazing. I'm just part of the shepherd's chorus so no big part, but still is fun.

I've been on ebay lately getting things for the baby shower in January. Such fun!! Kris is coming over on Friday to go over everything and make sure we've got our ducks in a row.

Time to go get dressed for the funeral. Everyone have a great day and make wise choices!!

Hey Violets~

Last night I had German noodles and a pork chop. This pie hole report is not looking good. There are soooo many freakin treats in the lounge, in my box (friend gave me ginger snaps), EVERYWHERE. I will work out on thurs and fri and every day (or nearly) of vacay...but I am weak...weak I tell ya...about the treats! Me Likey!:mad2: I wonder how I got fat in the first place???:blushing: Oh yeah...someone brought in REALLY moist choc cake for lunch yesterday!!! WWHHAAAAAA! I need that show Intervention!

Speaking of which, I watched that show last night. I caught 2 episodes. Now I am hooked!

Lastly, I will get my SS gift in the mail today! Gonna go priority mail. CAN'T BELIEVE THERE ARE ONLY 9 DAYS UNTIL XMAS...AND I NEED TO WORK 4 OF THOSE DAYS! I have no shopping to do...Sus and I are doing no gifts for each other. Just Sat. night, she bought herself some DVD set for nearly $300 and I bought myself a new phone for $200. That is why we are not getting each other presents. We said, the only thing we need to get for each other is anniversary gifts. No more bdays (except out to dinner) or any other gifts. She will get her mom something, and put my name on it!

We drank a bottle of yummy wine last night too! WOOHOO...she went to bed at 8pm! haha

peaceout

I slid into work as it is snowing......... boys school is still IN session and today is the annual Christmas luncheon. Last night we had to go to Nebraska furniture mart and buy a new dryer as my old one shot craps........ It was 18 years old so I think I got my $250.00 out of it! :blushing:

My ss gift is scheduled to arrive 12/24........ so you'll have to wait.. nanner nanner nanner.

I did have bbq brisket for dinner and a couple bites of mac and cheese.< /p>

Today so far all I've had is coffee....... but luncheon day is usually topped off with cheesecake!

184 today..

Suzie: I LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE!!! too funny!

My mom is bellyaching about her recovery....... she is in the "what the hell have I done to myself stage" I told her it was normal...... oh boy I can't wait til she starts losing.....

Which DVD set did she get Pam? Seinfeld? Hehehe..

I always watch costs of DVD sets, it fascinates me..

Going into work, was just going to read before going in but had to ask...

TracyK - before you spend too much money let me go through my stuff to see if I have stuff that will fit you. We have opposite body shapes. I'm in a 14/16 top with an 18/20 bottom so all my size 20, 22 stuff I still have from last year...

So so glad to hear that everyone is barely getting their SS present out. I thougth I was so behind. My violet might get hers on Christmas Day!

Oh and I'm working on my Christmas cards too. I'm pretty sure this is the latest I've ever gotten them out. I hope everyone gets them before Christmas!

I never had the 'what the hell did I do' stage. I remember reading about that stage in blogs before my surgery, it made me extremely nervous.. But I was so dang excited about being banded, it never hit me like that.. that I made a mistake.

LOL about Macy, that is funny about her wanting everything on TV.. I remember those days!! A friend of ours has a 6 year old son, who was going through a catalogue of toys and would go "Dad, is this for a boy?" and he'd say "Yes" and he'd go "Ok good, I want this." If it was for a girl, he would keep looking.. lol.

Oh Russ & I got our Christmas bonuses at work last night. What does he want to do? Spend it on some electronic toy WE DON'T NEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He frustrates me.. on our way home from the party he asks if we can use the money to buy a FLAT SCREEN TV.. for the BEDROOM. Seriously?! WHY?!!?!? A month ago (our current one is not flat screen, but it's big and admittedly it does have a broken edge on the top, where there's squiggly lines across the top.. it only sucks when we have weather warnings, they are squiggled out..) anyway.. he said we should get a new TV and I immediately said no. Now we get the bonuses and he wants to spend it.. not only on a new TV.. but a ridiculously unnecessary expensive new TV. That's what gets me the most. Spend $200 on another TV like we have.. why do we have to pay $800 for a flat screen? Just stupid.

Edited by FairyFacade

Laura~ Where are you buying flat screens for 800? That is a deal!

Sus bought the entire series of SVU (which is her all time fav show). The cost was $270 but she got all these extras too. She loves it... I can not complain...I bought the entire I Love Lucy collection AND the entire Twilight Zone collection...lol! DINCs spend $$ on weird stuff.

B- 1 c. Kashi Go Lean

1 handful of carmel pop corn (see...weak I tell ya')

This may sound gross...but it is sooooooooo good! Best part it is easy breezy lemon squeezy...did I mention good?!

VELVEETA cheese FUDGE

1 lb. butter

4 lbs. powdered sugar

1 tbsp. vanilla

1 lb. Velveeta

1 c. cocoa

Nuts, chopped

In a saucepan, melt butter and cheese. Sift together the sugar and cocoa; add the butter and cheese to this. Add nuts and vanilla. Mix well and spread in 9 x 13 inch pan. Cool and cut into pieces. This makes a large amount and it never fails, also cheaper than other fudge. You can cut this down. Makes 6 1/2 pounds of fudge.

I guess it would be less sugar than fudge........ but

OMG YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I might have to try it though)

and this is coming from a person who has attempted to make EVERYTHING out of pork rinds!!!!!!!!!!!!