Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Oh, and by the way, I sat next to Tracy at the support group meeting Saturday. I also got to see Robbie. He was so cute and very well behaved.

And one more thing incase I didn't mention it, it's very Cold here. I mean very cold. Not Palm Springs cold but more like Alpena cold. 12 degrees and a wind chill of 1 degree.

Good evening, Violets..

I hate to tell you Susie.. but you're beyond Alpena cold right now. We are at 41 degrees and everything is melting.

Our concert is done and it went very well. It was probably the best we have sung the Messiah, ever. We got a standing ovation at the end of the concert so that feels good.

Now on to tomorrow and fudge making. Ethan comes at 2 and I have rehearsal at 6.

Everyone have a great evening. sleep well. Stay warm. Get healthy!!

I ended up going to Susanne's game..double header...won both games! WOOHOO...still undefeated!

I sat in the car during the 2nd game. As soon as the sun goes down behind the mountain...man it got really cold! It was 48 when we left...and it was only 5:30...gonna be hella cold going to the gym at 5am!

have a great night!

HI~

Just stopping in on my way to bed to let you know All is Well, just Busy As .....well you know what rhymes here!!!

See ya tomorrow!

OXXOXOX

Kat

Good Morning Girls.

Well it's 3 degrees and so far they haven't closed the schools. So that means I have to go in and put on about 4 layers of clothes and get my butt to work. That's ok, I need to get out of the house anyway. Geting cabin fever.

Everyone have a great day.

Good morning everyone-

Just a drive by posting this morning. Need to get macy ready for school and then get myself ready so we can go to the credit union. Keep your fingers crossed for us that we do not have to wait for our deposit to show in our account!

The friend that was gonna come bake with me did not come so I ended up baking yesterday for nothing. Now I have a kitchen full of Cookies that I would have waited until next week to start. How long will cookies keep fresh?

Along the same subject, you could not pay me to weight right about now! TOM and cookies = disaster! :confused_smile:

Have a great day everyone! Make healthy choices!

Good morning, Violets..

What a blustery day! We have wind gusts to 40 mph and all the schools are closed. It's 34 and supposed to get into the 20's quickly with this cold front going through. Everything looks so different out there right now! The big mound of snow I could see from my laundry room window is gone. The driveway is almost clear right down to the cement though there is a mound of icy stuff at the end that the snow plow dropped when it plowed our road.

Had a sad night last night. Bob got a call that a church member had passed away. He and his wife had just become members yesterday morning during church. He had a heart attack. Just makes me doubly sad thinking how she's feeling at this time of the year. Christmas will have a whole different meaning for her the rest of her life.

Going to go fix some Breakfast and then get dressed for the day. Everyone make it a good one.

Judy that is soo sad.

Well I haven't watched the news, but the storm of the century seemed to have fizzled out, don't know if we are getting more or we are done for now.

Pamela do you feel better?

Well going to go watch the news and drink my coffee!!

Good Monday Morn, Vi's~~

Aaaaahhh... Monday morning... everyone off to school & work and it's nice & quiet... just me & the kitties... and a house that looks like a bomb went off after the weekend... oh well... guess I have "Mom" job security!

TracyK, wish I'd read your post BEFORE I got on the scale this a.m.... what was I thinking doing that w/TOM & cookies... yikes!... not a good number... ok... 243.8... there, I typed it... it is scary!... So am REALLY REALLY REALLY going to try to BEHAVE W/FOOD TODAY!! I'm picking up DS after school today & we're going straight to the Y to work out... so there's one good thing... + I've had Water already today... + am supposed to go for a fill on Weds (but she never fills me lately, says I'm maxed out, blah dee blah...) I really thing a smidge more would make a world of difference...

Judy, sorry to read about your church member... so sad @ this time of year...

Suzie... keep warm!!

Pam & Terri... How are your colds?

Janie... How're you today?

TracyKS... Your mom sounds like the typical impatient bandster!

Jen... Are you back from the weekend? How're you feeling?

Kat... I'd have let her dress up anyway! How sweet of Rick to plan a special "dress up" date w/her.

Hi Haydee... what hi-jinx did you get up to this weekend?

Laura!... The kicking is the BEST!!! My fav part of being pregnant. How cool is it???

Ok, off to start the day. Make good choices everyone!

Morning Gals~

Feeling a bit better. The alarm went off at 4:30 and decided against going outside in shorts to go workout...so, in my sleep state...I re-did the alarm for 5:30...or so I thought. Susanne woke me up at 5:40 and the clock read 6:41 and I had a heart attack thinking it was 6:40! LOL...long story long, my ass should have just got up and went to gym, especially since I laid there for about 1/2 hour.

Gonna rain today:( Got a leaky window. I will try to get Secret Santa stuff in mail today, but it is the busiest day of the season today and with the rain, it may take until Tuesday. Was gonna do it Sat, but was sick!

Judy that is so sad! I put some pix up of my dad's Celebration of Life pix up on Facebook. If anyone wants to take a peak!

Off for a quick game of scrabble!

oxxooxxoxoox

TracyK - Put the Cookies in the freezer! Cookies freeze very well. I think that's your best bet.

Judy - So sorry about your sad news :confused_smile: That really is hard to take this time of year. Thank goodness she has the support of a wonderful church community now.

Suzie -- Yikes!!! I think the coldest temps I've ever experienced in my life was 10 degrees or so and I can still remember how painful it was!! Jeez, will you really have clients come in on a day like today??? Ugh!

Janie - Thinking of you today. Do you have a doctors appt today?

TracyinKS - Robby sounds like he's doing just great!! How's it going at school? Are his teachers just ready to kiss you on the lips or what?

Has anyone been watching HBO's House of Saddam? I am so glad to be watching and learning so much about all of that. Very interesting and I do recommend it! I went to our HBO on Demand to get caught up...it's a 5 part series and they're on Part III right now, I think.

Grrrr...gotta get to work. It's gray and gloomy here today...and hard to get motivated!!

COLD COLD COLD........... did I say COLD!!! 4 degrees

Robby is doing better although he is still having 1 meltdown a day....... he did it over the weekend too, and I think it may be tied to him being hungry but NOT being hungry. The dr was concerned because he lost 4 lbs, and although he is not skin and bones to begin with he can't continue to lose....... I think the teachers are glad, but we are still working on the after school issue, because he is coming down at that time and it gets ugly some days. I try to leave work early enough to get him before he can get kicked out.....

I weighed... blech...... 187... time for Water water water

Denise I meant to say I LOVE YOUR PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura: I love the feeling of kicking and rolling babies in the belly.. it is freaky.

Everyone have a great day

I am getting the biopsy thing done tomorrow.

The people that I work with are going to Harrahs today. They have an awesome buffet. I probably shouldn't say that huh? Anyways Sue and I are going to graze at the buffet, and Charlie and Della will gamble. I will gamble some, but not a lot.

Have a good day eveyone!!

Jane

Tracy - my teenage son, who's been 30# overweight his whole life (just like me!) lost at least 40# since he's been on Adderall! He's 6' and weighs 145# soaking wet. So, yeah...it's something to watch out for.

Denise- Waitaminute, he wore a pink floyd tee to a metallica concert?!?!

Terry- No I meant to record that HBO series, my dad said he recorded the marathon last night and it looks good.

It's a BALMY 60 something degrees here today, not sure what happened! Didn't even need my hoodie today.

A customer sent me this today, thought it was cute..

"HOLIDAY EATING TIPS"

1. Avoid carrot sticks. Anyone who puts carrots on a holiday buffet table knows nothing of the Christmas spirit. In fact, if you see carrots, leave immediately. Go next door, where they're serving rum balls.

2. Drink as much eggnog as you can. And quickly. It's rare.You cannot find it any other time of year but now. So drink up! Who cares that it has 10,000 calories in every sip? It's not as if you're going to turn into an eggnog-alcoholic or something. It's a treat. Enjoy it. Have one for me. Have two. It's later than you think. It's Christmas!

3. if something comes with gravy, use it.That's the whole point of gravy. Gravy does not stand alone. Pour it on. Make a volcano out of your mashed potatoes. Fill it with gravy. Eat the volcano. Repeat.

4. as for mashed potatoes, always ask if they're made with skim milk or whole milk. If it's skim, pass. Why bother? It's like buying a sports car with an automatic transmission.

5. Do not have a snack before going to a party in an effort to control your eating.The whole point of going to a Christmas party is to eat other people's food for free. Lots of it. Hello?

6. Under no circumstances should you exercise between now and New Year's. You can do that in January when you have nothing else to do.This is the time for long naps, which you'll need after circling the buffet table while carrying a 10-pound plate of food and that vat of eggnog.

7. If you come across something really good at a buffet table, like frosted Christmas Cookies in the shape and size of Santa, position yourself near them and don't budge. Have as many as you can before becoming the center of attention.They' re like a beautiful pair of shoes. If you leave them behind, you're never going to see them again.

8. Same for pies. Apple, pumpkin, Mincemeat. Have a slice of each. Or if you don't like mincemeat, have two apples and one pumpkin. Always have three. When else do you get to have more than one dessert? Labor Day?

9. Did someone mention fruitcake? Granted, it's loaded with the mandatory celebratory calories, but avoid it at all cost. I mean, have some standards.

10. One final tip: If you don't feel terrible when you leave the party or get up from the table, you haven't been paying attention. Re-rea d tips; start over, but hurry, January is just around the corner. Remember this motto to live by:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"