Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Working on uploading the ultrasound videos to youtube. It's 14 minutes total in 5 videos, so I'll link you guys when they finish uploading if you want to scroll through them. I am taking screen shots of good pieces (I wasn't real impressed with it since the tech wouldn't stop and let me look at it!!) but so far I did find a good pic of the baby, can see his face and everything, and his body is curled up, can see both arms and legs.. weee. I'll post them tonight depending on how long youtube takes, otherwise I'll get to it tomorrow..

To Maintain A Healthy Level Of Insanity

• At lunch time, sit in your parked car with sunglasses on and point a hair dryer at passing cars. See if they slow down.

• Page yourself over the intercom. Don't disguise your voice!
  • Every time someone asks you to do something, ask if they want fries with that.

• Put Decaf in the coffee maker for 3 weeks. Once everyone has gotten over their caffeine addictions, switch to espresso.
  • In the memo field of all your checks, write 'for marijuana’.
  • Skip down the hall rather than walk and see how many looks you get.
  • Order a diet Water whenever you go out to eat, with a serious face.
  • Specify that your drive-through order is 'to go'.
  • Sing along at the opera.

• Five days in advance, tell your friends you can't attend their party because you have a headache.
  • When the money comes out the ATM, scream 'I won! I won!'
  • When leaving the zoo, start running towards the parking lot, yelling, “Run for your lives! They're loose!”
  • Tell your children over dinner, “Due to the economy, we are going to have to let one of you go.”

And The Final Way To Keep A Healthy Level Of Insanity

• PICK UP A BOX OF CONDOMS AT THE PHARMACY, GO TO THE COUNTER AND ASK WHERE THE FITTING ROOM IS.

Hi all!

Congrats Laura--a son!!! How exciting is that??? Little boys are such fun! I'm so happy for you guys!

TracyKS, glad your Mom is out and in bandland!

Today I spent at the hospital with Becky. Gary is already looking better--being well hydrated makes a HUGE difference. Plus he is getting nutrition in the IV, and Lipids (fats) and all that jazz, as well as antibiotics and steroids in the IV so they are all finally getting in his system. Terry, they did the colonoscopy a couple of weeks ago---maybe even 3. But now the new Dr. is thinking maybe the colon ulcerated as a result of the Crohns. Nothing is decided or set in stone, he said the first thing is to get his body stabalized and to go from there. He is looking better though.

Well, my DD Manda has made some life changes today, and rented herself an apartment. She tried the reconcilliation, but she said he quickly reverted back to the way things were, and is now taking weekends away alone, and is taking on a weekend job as a snowboard instructor at a ski resort in Colorado, so would leave on Friday night, and come home Sunday night. She said she simply is NOT going to wait around and tell herself he has changed and is being faithful, or that he would be while in a ski lodge alone. She says he is back on the computer 24/7 when he is off, and has no time for her or Kinsey. She said she can walk away knowing she tried everything now. She rented a 2 bedroom one bath, about a mile away. I cannot say I am unhappy. I could tell she was not happy---and I know she wants Kinsey to have both parents, but I hated seeing her give up her life for that to happen. And I hated Kinsey growing up thinking women were supposed to be happy with that.

So........I am heartbroke for my little Kinsey. My Mom is going to take their chihuahua---and if need be, I will take the pug. It will at least be less that she loses. Kids are resilient, and like I say I do not want her growing up thinking that is good enough, because it isn't!

I just pray the hurt is not so bad for her....

I finally got my cards in the mail today. Will assemble my Secret Santa over the weekend and will mail it on Monday--unless my PO is open Saturday, then I might get it out then!!

Well, I am going to go spend some time talking to Rick before he goes to sleep. Will talk to y'all tomorrow!

Kat

Congrats Laura, I bet it is so surreal seeing the baby move and all that stuff!! Congrats!!

Keeping your mom in my thoughts Tracy!!!!

Ready to go to bed myself!!

Didn't hear from the Dr. today. Hopefully tomorrow. Ended up getting only the ct scan of my abdomen and pelvic region, my Dr. didn't send the chest xray script, and then when they finally got it I had to get to work.

Hope everyone is having a good nights sleep!!

Good morning everyone-

Jane-i just hate waiting for anything, especially test results. That is agonizing. How do you feel?

Jenn-bring some popcorn with you on your trip! Have fun :wink2:

TracyinKS-tell mom we are all there with her! How is your throat? I hope you do not get strep.

Pamela-tell Susanne congrats! That is so awesome :crying:

Suzie-you weren't a woman with alot to say last night?!

Laura-cherish what you are experiencing...I would give anythng to be able to be prenant again. Although I am tremendously grateful for what God gave me :sleep:

Kat-I am so proud of your dd. That is a big step and I pray that she will find peace & happiness in her life :angry: How are your hives?

Denise-how is your dd taking the miscarriage?

Judy-I am so relieved to know you are regular...pop tarts, right? Hmmm, now there is food for thought! lol

Michelle-LOL @ your new siggy

Haydee-we were not awake when the snow was falling otherwise I would have had macy outside with me! Who knows, maybe she will get another chance if it snows again!

Terry-is today your Friday off? I hope so that way you can have a long weekend to rest and get better. Colds SUCK!! They hang on forever. It would be different if they were here a day or 2 then go away but noooooo, they stay around like an unwanted houseguest! lol

I absolutely love the cards I have gotten so far. Thanks everyone! Please send me purple power that I get my check today. I need some positive vibes to push the mailman!

Russ stays up all night sometimes, and I get up all throughout the night and notice it.. well tonight I get up and he's not here.. not here.. at some point I got annoyed he turned the tv off (around 6am) so I turn it on and he left a post-it on the tv. He went to work early.. well roads are iced over, all the schools are closed.. so I call his cell & work and he doesn't answer. MEN. So I am panicky, and decide I'm going to have to go to work early to make sure he's ok.. and luckily he was on his MSN messenger.. Can't believe he did this, tonight is the party I'm throwing for my friend and he's going. He's going to be a zombie.

Yesterday at lunch we talked more about adopting. We had always said we want 1 natural, and we'd adopt 2nd. So we talked about it yesterday and still want to do it, but I looked online to get info, it costs 20-30k. Wow?

That could be a deal breaker, can't ask my parents for a loan for a child, and can't imagine being able to afford that, especially while raising 2 kids!!!!

Oh, it's on my mind because I had a dream about it.

Good Morning Folks.

I was up early and got all my housework done.......Yep.

Now just waiting to go into work. I was going thru old photo albums taking out pics to scan. I ran across some from our trip to Canada a few years ago and I was shocked. OMG. I was really that big. It amazes me that my family stay with me thru all of that. I would have left myself years ago. I'm even to embarassed to scan them for my before pics.

TracyKS, Keep posting how you are doing on your daily intake. Believe it or not but that really helps me out alot. I'm even more inspired with your Mom now being banded.

TracyK, I was quiet last night because I forgot to plug my laptop in and charge it. :wink2:

Everyone have a great day.

Make good choices.

Here's a few pics from our 26th. anniversary.

Jane, notice the red sweater??? Look familiar???

post-214709-13813137942732_thumb.jpg

post-214709-13813137943014_thumb.jpg

ooooohhh laura, baby looks so cute! I might be catching baby fever. We've got 4 brand new babies in my family right now. I'll hold them and coo with them for a little while but then get tired of them pretty quick. Does that mean I'm not ready, LOL?

Good Morning, Violets..

Got up at 7:30 to let Jetta out and then got another hour of sleep. Just finished my Fiber ONE POP TART so if anyone wants to post that on their siggy they have my permission! :crying::tt2:

We're going to look for a new snow blower today. The old one made some weird noises yesterday and then stopped and Bob can't get it started again. It's just a little thing we've had for several years and we've already put money into it this year, so it's time for a new one before the next big snowstorm. We're also getting a car next week for DS. I'll be glad to get my car back finally. He'll be paying us monthly, but a minimal amount and no interest. The best news of all is that they will finally be getting medical, dental and vision insurance through DIL's work. That's a load off my mind. Right now I'm finishing up paying for his last dental visit. We're blessed with enough money that we are able to do that, but it sure will be nice when we don't have to worry about those things anymore. Ethan comes today at 1. He was here yesterday and I had to leave to go to rehearsal before his daddy came to pick him up. Bob says Ethan cried for 10 minutes after I left. Wanted his Mommom. awwwwwwwww I sure do love that little guy.

Tracyk... hope that check arrives today for you! The pics of Macy are sooooooo cute!! She's a little doll. Love the pink jacket.

TracyinKS... how's your mom?

PamELa.. congrats on Susanne getting the subbing!! Any particular grade she's partial to?

Susie..the pics are lovely! Thanks for sharing!

Laura...did you get the video on youtube???

Jane..keeping my fingers crossed and saying prayers for good results for you.

Kat..that sounded so scary about Gary. He will continue to be in my prayers. Glad he's showing improvement. Prayers for Manda and Kinsey too.

Terry..hope you're feeling better today. I swear by the Zicam nose swabs. They've always shortened the time the cold hangs on for me.

Haydee and Michelle...and anyone else I missed. Have a great day. Make wise choices. Santa is watching!:wink2:

GOOD MORNING!

I love that sweater Suzie!

the fiberone poptart exchange was so funny!!!

MOM got out of surgery and recovery later than I thought she was still groggy last night so I'm waiting til mid morning before I call them to check on her. Her liver was fine and everything looked good! YAY!

Michelle - You're in the wrong business, girlfriend! I received a corporate gift yesterday -- a lovely cranberry bread in a nice tin from a company called www.texasbread.com. Well, I was just curious how much a loaf of nice cranberry bread goes for these days! It was something like $29!!! :wink2::whatchutalkingabout:whatchutalkingabout You oughta be SELLIN' those things, honey....not giving them away!!!

YAY Tracy!

Haydee- No, i think that's normal.. Or at least I hope it's normal!! :wink2:

Here are the 5 videos.. it's one long video but some reason it broke it into 5 videos. A lot of stuff not worth watching, can just ffwd through.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0fI0K089oY]YouTube - Baby Barlow V.1 of 5[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvB8SxFlApE]YouTube - Baby Barlow 21w V.2 of 5[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOh8Sp-oUeU]YouTube - Baby Barlow 21w V. 3 of 5[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl9JA4UYauE]YouTube - Baby Barlow 21w V. 4 of 5[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgtJLHiKZh0]YouTube - Baby Barlow 21w V. 5 of 5[/ame]

Leave it to me to make my life difficult, I finally found a nursery set I LOVE.. the websites I've been looking at had the set for $150-180.. so I found this one place having a sale this week only on that brand, and got it for $80. After that, as I go to find the coordinates like Mobile, wall hanging, etc.. it's a discontinued line! ARGH! I was able to find wall border & extra sheet on ebay, but I can't find the rug or mobile and some other small stuff. What a pain in the butt.. Now I gotta try to find another noah's ark that matches..

kli2222beds-big.jpg

A still shot I got from one of the videos, I love it.. all curled up :wink2:

body_labeled_baby.jpg

And because I'm silly...

santa_baby.jpg