Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Purple Power for DM Tracy...what is her name?

We did not work out this morning...planned on taking Thursday and Sunday off this week. I am sooo tired today, maybe I needed the exercise or MORE extra sleep!

Gonna be 80 here today (one channel said about 76) then we are getting a cold front...down to 66!

its a boy!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Welcome Carson!

My moms name is Linda..

I just talked to her she is supposed to check in the hospital in 40 minutes!

My throat is really scratchy....... how do I tell if I am coming down with Strep??

Good afternoon, Violets..

I slept in this morning and then worked two hours at the hospital. The Bobster and I just got back from eating lunch at a chinese place. I had a few bites of this and that and it all came back up. Came home and had a glass of chocolate milk and that's been it for lunch. Had a Fiber one pop tart for Breakfast. TracyinKS.. you're doing so great with your LC'ing! Keep at it.

As for the strep throat...

Common symptoms of strep throat in children and adults include:

• Severe and sudden sore throat without coughing, sneezing, or other cold symptoms.
  • Pain or difficulty with swallowing.
  • Fever over 101F. Lower fevers may indicate a viral infection and not strep.
  • Swollen lymph nodes in the neck.
  • White or yellow spots or coating on the throat and tonsils camera.gif.
  • Bright red throat or dark red spots on the roof of the mouth at the back near the throat.
  • Swollen tonsils, although this symptom may also be caused by a viral infection.

In teenagers, mononucleosis can cause a severe sore throat that looks like and has symptoms similar to those of strep throat. For more information, see the topic Infectious Mononucleosis.

It is easy to tell when you have a sore throat or a cold. It is harder to know when you have strep throat. Generally, sore throats are caused by a viral infection and not strep bacteria. Strep throat usually does not occur with cold symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, or a runny or stuffy nose. The more cold symptoms you have, the less likely it is that your sore throat is a strep infection

Ethan is coming in a few minutes so I'm off to get ready for him. Everyone have a great day. It's so nice to get Christmas cards from Violets in the mail. And did you notice we are under 200 on the countdown to Alabama??

Congratulationssss Lauraaa!!!

I am so excited for you. Now the real decorating and buying can begin, lol. Now I will be anxiously awaiting Carson's pictures in a few short months, lol :0).

HIYA Heather!

Thanks JUDY!!!

I'm going to the bathroom to look at my throat because I it did start hurting all of a sudden and hasn't quit.

Yeah!!! Its a boy! Now 10 fingers 10 toes and we are in business!

Heather...welcome. I love the pix of you in the big chair. I think all my furniture should be oversized so my ass will look small when I am sitting in them:rolleyes2:! Welcome...post often...we need to get to know you!

I am so happy to hear Violets are getting my card and the friendship tokens. The guy at the post office said he wasn't sure if it would go through the machines...plus i had to pay extra postage, so I am happy to hear they are arriving. I sent to everyone so let me know if you don't get 'em.

The kids are working on essays and I am going do som prepping!!!

WELCOME CARSON VIOLET! We love you already!

PAM: I'm putting mine on my keyring :wink:

MOM IS SCHEDULED for SURGERY IN 8 minutes!!!!!!!!!!

I've done good today on eating.....

2 pc string cheese

1 pc deli turkey

1 cup of chili

1 sf pudding

1 glass of Water (getting ready to fill again)

PAM: I'm putting mine on my keyring :wink:

MOM IS SCHEDULED for SURGERY IN 8 minutes!!!!!!!!!!

Wooo hoooooo!! GO MOM!!!

Hey guys, just popping in real quick cause I need to catch up at work.

PRAYERS FOR YOUR MOM TRACY!! Keep us updated.

Baby was breech, so she had a horrible time trying to get to his genitals.. and she is a chatty woman, so she's talking 90 to nothing while Russ & I just watch (and try to figure out what she's pointing out).. she never let us just look at the baby 'being'. He is SO active, constantly kicking and stretching and moving arms up, legs out, etc. But she was always moving the ultrasound so I couldn't just watch for a moment, was very irritating. She finally toward the end was able to see the genitals, so she told Russ to close his eyes, and she types "Boy" on it.. so I was like aww.. then when we were leaving Russell said "She said "it's a boy" when my eyes were closed". I didn't catch it, although I was staring intently at the screen waiting for her to type the sex.. but apparently she talks & types and he heard it.

I've been confusing him (or trying, but I think it's working) that he misunderstood, and that she put boy & girl and maybe she was confusing herself (she actually did do boy & girl and confused ME at first).

Anyway, I think I confused him enough that he's not certain it's a boy. Carson it is! He says Natalie is what he's sticking with for girl, so I guess it's good that it's a boy because I wasn't dead set on any girl names :wink:

Going to catch up on work and then go order nursery set.. I was 100% sure which girl set I want, now I gotta think about the boy set.. I liked 2 different star sets, as well as a noah's ark..

She showed us both feet, both legs, both hands, both arms.. everything she pointed out was 'normal', so I am a lot less nervous than I have been. She only gave me crappy pictures, there was such a cute video part of him kicking, you watched both feet just a going.. and she took a pic of it when only 1 foot was showing and gave it to me.. and then gave me this picture--

carson.jpg

Head on this side, the top tip is the nose <--->body

Edited by FairyFacade

My moms name is Linda..

Well it keeps getting scarier & scarier....guess what my moms name is? Linda That is unbelievable.... I mean really, what are the odds?