Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Terri, I like your picture too!! Looks good.

Well the weight I mysteriously lost the other day, found its way home and brought some friends!!!

I have a colonoscopy on Monday so Hopefully the scale will show me some mercy then!!

I want to scream at my Dr.s. I came home and had a letter in the mail from my primary, about some bloodwork, and without rehashing a long, long story, he gave me great confirmation on why I hate Dr.s!!!!

Michelle, this must be so hard on you with your neighbor!!

Okay I am going to go to bed in a few, have to deal with some crabby people in the morning!! Once the morning gets over I am fine.

By the way Kat, can you really trust a hairdresser!!

TracyK - Meant to say....Have FUN in Louisiana!! How can you miss, really? Mmmmmm Gumbo!!

Kat - Rick seems to always have drama with these guys he works with...but this takes the cake!! I'm sorry for all the stress it causes the two of you! :thumbup: Can't we all just get along??

Edited by TerriDoodle

I always thought I was ok if they were not carrying scissors Jane!!!! Is there something you wanna tell us???

LOL

Kat

In a hurry but I had to come in real quick and say hello. We will be home Monday night.

Jane-(((hugs))) I will be thinking of you Monday.

Have a fantastic weekend everyone! I am gonna stop and get some kahlua :thumbup: Bye girlfriends...

Good Morning.

I thought we had a new girl when I saw the pic, than I saw "the name above and did a "WOW". Amazing. You look wonderful Terri. You must be very proud of yourself.

Did lots of sewing yesterday. I need to get finished up on this project. I'm sure my secret Violet is waiting for her gifts.

Have a great weekend. Hugs.

Hey good morning everyone

Michelle, how sad about your neighbor

Terry - YOU LOOK SO AWESOME! (and really cute too)

Kat - that is horrible - I agree with Terry - can't we all just get along?

Tracyk- good luck with your visit

Pam - I saw a KidRock Post the other day, he has a couple of tour dates released when he gets back from overseas, 2/14 he is going to MGM Grand at Foxwoods in CT, a 21/2 hr drive for me, so i'm just praying tickets are left after the 1st of the year when I don't have the xmas expense and I'm all over that. Going to stay right at MGM and I would assume he is going to stay somewhere too, since he is there on the 15th too.

I'm feeling better but have not had anything other than cup of Soup for Breakfast, lunch and dinner and sodium free broth and s/f Jello for 4 days,

good thing... i got rid of some bloat and am back down to 204 from 210 on Sunday - I hope to get well into onderland being sick, with hopes that i can hold it when i'm able to eat, or at least stay in onderland, i only hit is for a day or 2 so i guess it doesn't count.

I'm going for some more test on Monday and Thursday an appt with Dr.

Friday I leave for Buffalo for the weekend and I'm going to finish up my secret santa present while i'm there so i can get it in the mail on the 15th.

xmas cards... holy smokes, have not even started

have a great day, i have to get some work done and go check on the guys.

going home to paint the kitchen - i'll have cabinets next weekend!

Hey Jenn! You've got to stay on liquids for another 10 days??????? How are you getting your Protein and Vitamins in? :thumbup: Don't get malnourished in this process, ok??? Whatcha doin' in Buffalo next wknd?

Hey all... I just read this post and found it to be a good kick in the pants for me.... you might find it useful too. It's just kind of a review for those of us who are struggling with food choices.

Terry

Until Thursday, I did have some French Onion Soup at applebees last night without the cheese,... mmmmmmmmm

i'm getting my bullet out to make some shakes and going to try to get some tuna maybe tomorrow, or some scrambled eggs. I'm over the hump of being starving.

I am taking my multi vitimins so i'll be ok..

Thanks for being concerned

the 13th is the holiday party they are putting me up for the weekend, i'm really looking forward to it.

I'm going to find something to wear this week, nothing like putting things off. LOL

going for a walk around the site... it is only 18 degrees and i'm freezing

Good Morning, Violets..

Up, showered and getting ready to get dressed for my Christmas gig at the lighthouse today. My flute trio will be playing Christmas music as people tour the lighthouse keeper's house that is all decorated for Christmas. They are having horse drawn sleigh rides, children's activities and of course Santa! The Bobster is going to take me so he can take pictures while I toot my flute. The house was built in 1905 and they have decorated it as it would have been back then.

Kat...what a horrible story!! Between you and Laura, we could write a book!

TracyK.. hope you have a great weekend.

TracyinKS...where are you????? Hope you're ok.

Susie... last day in my journal and then I'll be able to start writing in the beautiful one you sent!!! Thank you sooooooooooo much!!

Jenn.. hang in there, woman. HOpefully they'll get you all fixed up soon.

Janie..do you have to drink a gallon of that yucky stuff for your colonoscopy?? That's the worst part of it for me. I understand there is now a pill you can take instead of that awful stuff. And the Bobster who can tolerate most anything only had to drink one 8 oz glass of "stuff" before his. I, who gag at plain Water, had to drink a gallon!! ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww There is no justice in the world. Except for O.J. of course..

Terry.. saw your avatar pic bigger on Facebook.. looking sooooooo good, lady!!

That post was sure a good one and hit home for me. Thanks for sharing.

PamELa, Haydee, Michelle and Laura.. what up for you today??

Heather.. in order for you to be an honorary Shrinkin' Violet... you have to post....... a LOT! Hope to hear from you soon, so we can get to know you better.

I'm off to put on my Christmas outfit and get ready to head out. Everyone have a great day!!

Good Sat Morn, Vi's!~~

Got home around 9:30 after dd's performance... soooo cute! & fun!

We leave again @ Noon for 2 performances today... + dh's "Peace on Earth" art show exhibit opens tonight...

DH & I went through money in vs. money out (bills, gas, oh, you know, food!) for now - end of year... ugh... who else HATES THAT!!! Trying to figure out how to finish up Christmas shopping, etc. w/least noticeable impact to our bottom line... it always gets me so worked up... I hate money!! <end of rant>

BESIDES THAT... have a good day, everyone! I am going to revel in the simple (FREE) blessings that today brings...

All groggy. Baby won't let me sleep in, no position is comfortable long enough :thumbup:

I'm suppose to go shopping with my mom today.. not sure where, we have linens n things going out of business so I wanted to swing by and see if they had a body pillow. But they've been 'going out of business' for months now and I'm afraid the place will be picked over.

At 3:30 we got the carpet cleaners coming (yay yayayayayayayaya).

Really want to sleep right now.. guess it's judge show time.

Hope ya'll all have fun, Tracy drink the kahlua for me!! Mix it with vodka & cream mmm.

Does anyone know if prednisone, would cause my face to swell? I looked in the mirror and did a double take, my face looks puffy. No hives on it, and it is not itchy, it just looks puffed up, my jaw line is gone, my cheeks are round--toooooo wierd!

Hives are still here, just hitting at the pressure points as before, like where the waist of my pants sits, or where my breasts meet when I am wearing a bra.....the nice miserable places!

I know, the stories out of this place Rick works are crazy!!!! I mean they had a boss run over one of the truck drivers a couple of years ago--run him over in the yard! He was texting, I would bet my bottom dollar (which at this time of year is not a big risk!!!). They were this way even before they became such a hated company!

And they are hated! If Rick is in a company truck, he gets flipped off all the time. He said he can be sitting still and get flipped off, so he knows it is not his driving!!!

And our local terminal location has ZERO to do with the issues in Iraq, it is just in the news so much, it is almost a risk to say that is where you work. They have even been advised not to wear their company shirts outside of work!!!

Rick got the things together and will put his woodstove into the shop today----once it is warm out there all the time, I may never see him!!

Well I know this is the Christmas season and I should be in good cheer, but instead I am on the war path!!! LOL Not really, but I have drawn a line, and as my DD would say....I'm over it!

It does not matter how many times I offer to keep my grandson, they obviously do not want us to have special one on one time with him....so I quit! I will not offer, and will refuse if ask, they had their chance. Son is on Rick's sh*t list for a multitude of things at this point, so simply avoiding us might be in their best interest!!! LOL

We talked with both sets of parents and his sister and invited them all to Breakfast. Everyone sounded as tho they were going. We used to do this once a month or so---meet at Golden Corral, and have a good time and all head our separate ways---but still have some family time too. We hadn't done it in a long time, so I suggested to Rick we ought to do it again. We called made the plans.....us and my parents were the only ones who showed up. His Mom claims she was apparantly too early so she left--BS! My folks beat us there too, and they are ALWAYS 15-30 minutes early, and they never saw her....and her cars rear window still had ice! No word what so ever from his sister and her DH.

I am over that too!

I will NOT do anything to set up a family get together again. PERIOD!!!

My Dad said years ago when I divorced Manda's Dad that I let myself be treated like a doormat for years, and I got walked all over, but then one day when he stopped to wipe his feet, I had enough. And nothing could have stopped me from getting out and moving on! Well today I felt wiped on----and I quit!

Yesterday his Mom was being all bitchy telling me I looked like I was putting on weight. I was MAD! In hindsight with that remark, I am wondering if my face was swelling even then---but to SAY it? I felt like saying something about yep and you look old as hell! But I would never. Could never. Just want to!

Well thanks for letting me vent as usualy chicas!!! What in the world would I do without you????

Off to check and make sure Rick is still on the roof where he needs to be!!!

XOXO

Kat

And BTW-I too am an honorary Violet....the Mama Violet if you will, I was the mentor of this crazy, lovable bunch!!!!!

Hey girls~

Kat~ Yes the face swelling is VERY PREDNISONE RELATED. It is an actual condition/side effect of the med, call Moon Face. I took it for years w/ hives, mom took it as part of Cancer tx, friend took it for his heart transplant. All of us had Moon Face! It goes when the med does!

We have had a busy morning. Here is the run down:

Gym (hour workout), put up the tree and decorations, got all cards done and in the mail, cleaned house (Susanne more than me), worked on diss, replanted plant, took friend downtown, recycled our Water bottles (that place stinks),checked mail, had breakfast/lunch (fish tacos). Been running literally, since 6:30am! Now, a 30 min lay down, shower, then downtown to meet w/ friends (2 lesbian couples) for the Christmas Parade, dinner and drinks!

I am tired just typing this!

Have a great night!

xoxoxo