Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Oh Jenn that sucks :whatchutalkingabout

Reminds me when I was in excruciating pain in the ER and they thought it was appendicitis, but they never gave me anything for the pain and made me sit there hours on end bawling my eyes out (till I finally discharged myself and ran out cussing).

Hospitals really suck sometimes, I really dread that part of childbirth too, I am kind of boycotting hospitals right now heh heh.

I can't believe they are dragging you out so long, any way to get a quick 2nd opinion going?

Judy and her sensible reason..pff.

Waiting for Russell to get back from James Bond movie so I can order Steak out.

I have the turkey carcas cooking like Judy said (smells so dang good), but then it dawned on me, the only turkey carcass we had is the deep fried one, which is fried in peanut oil, which Russell can't have. Not sure what to do with the stock now, I don't ever cook Soup just for me.

Laura

childbirth and hospitals are great... ok not really but i'm funny on pain meds and they all found me totally entertaining

My electrician came in when i was typing...

So Monday i do the function test and Thurs i go for a follow up

I'm going to call there tomorrow, he knows it has been months of jabbing pain and knows it is my gall bladder, but if it was my kidney... why no other test?

anyway, i'm going to bed, it was a long drawn out day and i'm exhausted

Hiya Gang!

Going back to work tomorrow:eek:.

Finished ALL chap 4 edits and it doubled the original chap 4 (now it is 53 pages...one chapter!) Soooo now I wait and start to look at other chap 5's. Goal (key word is goal, not necessarily reality) is to have most actual writing of chap 5 done before break, so I can write and work on edits over break!

Got hair cut today...had a major melt down. I need ice cream and a nap...oh yeah, and some I Love Lucy. Can you say depression/grief?

Love you guys,

Pamela

Good morning friends-

TGIF! Hope you all have a bandtastic day...lol, I crack myself up...

Listening to Jenn & Lauras' horror stories about drs & hosipitals makes me glad I live in the houston area and the medical center...where the majority of them actually care about the patients. (not to mention that they know what they are doing)

Be good to yourselves this weekend and make healthy choices.

For those that won't be back on over the weekend...have a great one! :tongue2:

((((pamela))))

TGIF, Vi's!~~

It's Friday! Yay!

I am feeling better now... it was really odd... my tummy was all "bubbly" yesterday, too... but no more, uh, explosions... now I feel fine. Weird.

Perspective check: Last night after PTA I visited my neighbor w/the liver cancer & the moments to live (it's been 2 weeks since she's come home from the hospital)... I've been over there a lot, + coordinating their meals... but last night was the worst yet... she is so jaundiced and was so tired & in & out of knowing what was going on and "fuzzy" w/facts, following the conversations, etc... then when I was leaving I gave her a hug and she started crying and saying that all she wanted was more time & how her son wasn't going to remember her... it broke my heart... up 'til then it's been more a "celebration" of her and she's been sort of "holding court" and enjoying everyone around her and regaling us with stories and just re-living + making memories... It truly puts life in perspective and gives the old "don't sweat the small stuff... it's all small stuff" striking relevance to what is important... family... friends... memories... and love.

Sorry to bum you guys out... I'm just in a sad place w/this...

Hey Lovlies~

Michelle~ life is short! Live it to the fullest!

Happy Friday~ Thanks for my gift on Yoville Tracy...too cute!

I am back to work and have a butt load (yes, that is a new increment of measurement) of work to do...I'll pop in later!

xoxo

Holy Cow, have any of you ever had a margarita from "Texas Road House"? Good Lord above, I had 2 and that was way over my limit. They were so good though. I really wanted another one but knew that they would have to back the truck up to the door to get me out of there. They were the best tasting I have ever had. Willie Nelson knows how to take car of his friends, LOL. You should see all the food we brought home. We will be eating for 2 days.

Jenn, Sorry to hear about your ordeal at the Doc's. Keeping my fingers crossed that your weekend will go by fast and pain free.

Have a great day everyone.

Good Morning, Violets..

Up at the crack of 9 a.m. today. I love retirement!! Nothing today except for play rehearsal tonight. The Bobster and DH Joe are going car shopping today so I'll get Ethan for a little bit, at least. I miss my boy!!

Michelle.. so glad you're feeling better and so sorry for your neighbor. I agree totally with Pam.. life is short so you need to live it to the fullest. That's one of the reasons I flew hours and hours to meet up with my Violet ladies and will do it again! (well, hopefully not the hours and hours part!!)

Tracyk.. you are easily amused, aren't you..?? :):tt2:

Susie...could you perhaps let TracyK know how to say no to a 3rd margarita?? But I must admit after seeing her at her worst in Gruene, she was a good girl the rest of the time.. :tongue2::blushing::tt2: Love ya, Tracy!!!!!

Gotta go get dressed. I've already had "breakfast with Bob" and finished my scramble word puzzle, so now off to the rest of the day. Everyone make it a good one!

Tracyk.. you are easily amused, aren't you..?? :sleep2::tt2: Ummm, yeah :tongue2:

Susie...could you perhaps let TracyK know how to say no to a 3rd margarita?? But I must admit after seeing her at her worst in Gruene, she was a good girl the rest of the time.. :):blink::tt2: Love ya, Tracy!!!!!

hey..I meant to do that!! :blushing: I haven't had anything with alcohol in it since then either! I feel sorry for the poor souls that were in the backyard when I really lost it. They just kept on talking like I wasn't even there! LOL Who was out there...Laura, Tracy & Terry? I remember saying, "if I could just throw up one good time I would be OK" then right after that....I DID! lol I felt so much better! God that trip was so much fun! I miss you guys!

Yeah you kept hobbling around talking about if you could just... (BARF) and then you'd say it again.. I was tryin to pretend it wasn't happening so you didn't feel bad lol.

:tongue2: fun fun fun :) But hey, the bartenders should be held somewhat responsible. Whoever they were...lol

My is it cold here today! (this is the texas definition not Michigan definition of cold) :blushing: Macy and I froze our booties off at the bus stop.

Does Willie Nelson own Texas Roadhouse?

Here's Michigan cold for ya.. It's 19 degrees right now, but with the wind chill it feels like 6 degrees. Woo hoooo.. time to break out the sweaters. :tongue2:

Just finished lunch with Kris. She's on her way to her doctor's appointment. Says the baby is starting to kick more. She looks really good. The cupcake tree for the baby shower came today. One more thing to cross off the list.

Ethan comes at 2 today. I'm going to go lay on the couch and read my tabloids. Catch ya later!!

Quick check in~

It is nice to be back. I had kids RUNNING up to me for some hugs!!! We are talking middle school kids.

I feel stronger here...returning to "normal".

Hope you all are having a great day! I remember that first night in Gruene...talk about pie eyed! Loved it! Of course, I didn't take a pix of my boobs on Jane's phone until the second night...haha!

It was 26 degrees this morning, the news as I was waking up was saying we had the black ice & some roads were closed.. by time I got up, they stopped talking about it so I guess that was pretty early.

If we get ice/snow.. the city shuts down. We normally don't get it, so we don't have the trucks or any way to treat it.. and we certainly don't know how to drive in it!

Just watched OJ's sentencing. 21 years, with elegibility of parol after 6.5.. and his request to be on bond till his appeal was denied, so he is going to prison. Hooray for the justice system.

I scheduled a pro carpet cleaner to come out tomorrow, going to have them clean the foyer area where my cat had peed up a storm and stained our carpet. I've cleaned it with so much stuff, the residue has hardened it.. very happy to finally be done with all that.

Wanting so bad to go to Chili's for their tilapia, but Russell hates Chili's argh! We have such different tastes, I hate that..and if I go to lunch with someone else he gets all mopey. I try to introduce him to people to make his own friends, but he says he doesn't need friends..

We have a date tonight, not sure what we're doing.. no movies out we both want to see (I want to see the boy in the striped pj's!!) but nothing else caught my attention. Guess I'll get back to work..