Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need help finding a Dr. In the Inland Empire, CA

Hello,

I am planning to get the Lap-Band and I would like to hear your expirences and would like to know if anyone out there can help me find a good doctor in the Inland Empire, Ca. Please help!

Most of us wish we had gotten the band sooner. I am not sure about doctors in your area, but you might want to put another post in another spot on the board where it will get more views. You can try the forum marked doctors and hospitals. Also, if you click on USA, it gets divided state by state.

Edited by Oregondaisy

Hello,

I am planning to get the Lap-Band and I would like to hear your expirences and would like to know if anyone out there can help me find a good doctor in the Inland Empire, Ca. Please help!

Hi welcome,

I live in the Inland Empire and have chosen Dr. Milton Owens ( Coastal Center for Obesity, Gastric Bypass and Lapband Weight Loss Surgery in Los Angeles and Orange County, California ). He has a great staff, great experience and costs are reasonable. He works out of Rancho Speciality, Chapman Medical Center and a few other facilities. In my research he was the best for me while considering all of the above factors. You can also serch his name and some ohers on obesityhelp.com and that site gives you the licensure, patient testimonies, surgical stats etc. Best to you and your search, hope this helps!

When did you start?

I delayed mysekf a bit because at one point I thought that Dr. Owens, which was my first choice, was not participating, so I started looking for other doctors again. Then I realized that he was listed at his San Pedro office and not the Rancho Cucamonga or Orange County addresses that I was looking for.

Selected Doctor: 10-14-08eek.gif

Viewed Emmi (Seminar) Online:10-15-08rolleyes.gif

LabWork: 11-18-08 (my delay-not theirs)cool.gif

Psych Eval: 11-20-08:sneaky:

Nutritionist: 11-29-08:sneaky:

1st Appt with Dr. Milton Owens: 12-5-08:scared2:

Surgery Date: confused.gif

Good Luck, Let me know how your appointment goes. By any chance is your insurance company covering the surgery?

I will be posting as fast as possible when my appointment is over! It looks like approval should go smoothly, it is a covered benefit, my prayer is that all will go smoothly. I ave read the medical policies, the doctors office is familiar with Anthem Blue Cross of CA, I have even emailed them my actual evidence of coverage just for clarity. (yeah my friends all say I am too detailed:tongue_smilie:) ... I hope you are getting the answers you need, it is a big decision, have you been helped to move along?

I am going to a support group today for the 1st time. I have just begun as well. My insurance is eff 1/1/09 Blue Cross/Blue Shield PPO through my work. I currently have Anthem Blue cross Hmo through my husband. I was denied by my medical group. I see you are here in Ontario Ca I work here In ontario ca My personal e-mail is pattyhrndz@yahoo.com. So we can share our experinces.

How did your appointment go with Dr. Owens?

I actually met with another Dr. because Dr. Owens was scheduled for a back surgery and arranged for me to meet with Dr. H. He said I would get to meet with my surgeon after his surgery. At first, I was dissapointed, but then I felt good because he let me all kinds of info and samples and they gave me his cell to call if I wanted to. My first meeting was great very informative. He sent me home with a huge binder of great information; it felt like the doctor gave me his brain to take home! I wasn't rushed or uncomfortable, he was very kind, considerate, and approachable as well as his staff. I signed in, weighed in, answered health history questions, shared my good and bad habits, he told me about the procedure and let me see the real equipment showed me wear my port would be, it was super cool. Then I was asked when I would like my date!