Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Been lurking for a while, but I thought I'd make my big debut and say hello.

My surgery date is 12/12/08, and I'm getting really, really apprehensive. I know, everyone says it's hard work... but really, how hard is it compared to going without the band? I've been fat my whole life... Surely this is going to be a huge help, no?

As a self-pay, I've got all these doubts bouncing around in my head about if I'm doing the right thing for my family. I mean, we can afford the payments, but what's the cost-benefit analysis? Would the money be better spent elsewhere? I don't know.

My primary reason for doing this is my diabetes. I don't want to die relatively young like my dad did. My wife and kids deserve better.

Plus, I'm a wuss when it comes to pain and I'm scared of the recovery. :)

If anyone's interested, I blogged about my decision to do this.

Thanks, everyone!

Okay. Take a deep breath and really think this through.

Do you want to get healthy? Do you want to be able to run and not be out of breath? Do you want to go shopping and not go to the plus size section? Do you want to become more active? Do you want to live long and healthy enough to play with your grandchildren?

I payed cash for my surgery as well and I have not regretted it for a minute. I have been banded since 9/5 and I have never been happier. You have to realize that this is for your health. You need to make yourself healthy. My dad has diabetes and believe me, you do not want to age with diabetes. I have lost about 50 lbs and I am more mobile, I have tons of energy and my life has changed. Your life will change too.

H

One of the big things that pushed me to get this surgery was the diabetes risk. We have a lot of history of it in my family. I had gone in for my annual check-up and learned I was borderline diabetic. That was enough to finally kick me into high gear and decide it was time to do something.

Thanks to the band, diabetes is no longer in the picture for me. Your right, your family wants to have you here with them for a long, wonderful, healthy life.

As for the pain, the surgery itself is really a breeze. You are in and out before you know it. The recovery isn't that bad either. And, in the great scheme of things, it is all worth it for the improved quality and longevity of life that you will have.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches