Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Omg Size 26/28!

So this weekend my hubby and I went to california to spend time with my parents and they have a swimming pool.. well it was like a million degrees outside so I wanted to go swimming but left my suit at home.

Oh yea.. btw I havent bought ANY clothes since my surgery and have been trying to avoid that because a. I dont know what size I wear and b. I dont want to waste money and have to buy more later.... sooo Ive been wearing my size 34 clothes since surgery.

Well anyway we went to Walmart and I decided to buy a pair of cheap ($6 bucks) shorts and I told my hubby well its only 6 bucks and if they dont fit they will soon.. so i get home and try them on... THEY ARE BIG ON ME rofl

so now im curious on what size I actually DO wear haha I started at a tight 34 and last time I weighed myself about 330ish a little less so thats like 60 lbs since surgery. Its funny cuz I havent worn a 26/28 since like 2001. So now.. i want to go shopping but im going to resist the urge just a little bit longer and see what I can get down too! haha to bad I think i need a new bra though cant really wear that when its to big! (oh.. thats a good thing btw!!!!)

hi

It is so good to hear that you are doing so well.

Yo-yo dieting, losing and gaining 100 pounds every 2 years for like the past 15 years have changed my size.I started at 318 pounds pre-op and am 273 now.Size started at 30 and is now 26.Age of course also plays a big role.......:(

Keep up the good work!!!!!!:)

WHOOHOO KATERZZ! I know your flying high w/that news girl! Way to go! How exciting & its omly going to get better all the time now. I am thrilled for your size lost! I hope your dh is so very very proud of you! Great JOB!!!!!!!!!!!

wooohoo katerzz!!!! WTG!

But I recommend holding off buying too many things just yet - cause youre not gonna be able to wear them for long!!!!!

*big high five* to ya!

Katerzz, congratulations!! I agree with not spending too much on clothes, but you probably should get at least one or two new things that fit. Wal-Mart is great for cheap clothes, and even if they're cheap they'll feel like a million bucks when they actually fit. Try their Lee Riders women's size jeans--I was THRILLED with the way they fit and they come in sizes up to 26. I'll bet they'll fit you now. Go for it!! :(

We have a local resale shop/ thrift store here that the proceeds go to a christian church/private school. That is where I am going to do my shopping. Their pricing system is cool, shorts are $2.50 no matter what size or brand, shirts are $2.00. Everything is donated and they really pick through it and only put out the really nice, clean stuff. Most of my current wardrobe is from there and it is almost all Lane Bryant. Then when I have lost out of it, I can redonate it and get a tax write-off. They also have something 1/2 price everyday, so there is potiental for even bigger savings. I have lucked up and bougt tupperware for $1 a bowl a few times too. I would check the phonebook for that sort of thing in your area, they are pretty common, most battered womens shelters also sponser a resale shop to.~Mandy

Yipee, Katerzz! It's probably not practical, but I think you should get a few things in your new size. I say you've earned it! I like Walmart, Target...and how about eBay? I sell stuff there sometimes, and I buy from there, but you do need to knowy our measurements, because that's the only way to check the size of the clothes. I know you are thrilled! Way to go! Cindy

What the heck is so wrong with splurging on yourself and buying a couple new new capris and shorts for the summer? Huh? You've earned the reward 60 times over. Go shopping! $50 bucks can get you a couple capris, some shorts and even a tank or two. You can feel extra good in a month or two when you donate them to charity (tax deduction) or take them to a clothing exchange for smaller sizes. Why was it okay to blow gobs of dough on junk food, french fried, fast food? Now live a little. Go shopping. That's an order.

Great work! Great NSV! Amazing work! I agree with Lisa/DeLarla, you need to go buy yourself some new clothes, even if it is only a few pieces.

Congrats again!