Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any current No. Cal Kaiser patients?

Hey all! Surg date 12/17/08

I am a fellow Kaiser Richmond patient. I am blessed to have Dr. Im he is a young motivated Doc who is very inspiring to me and has always encouraged me to do what I know will work for me. Dr. Baggs is Excellent I think he is the head surgeon for the bariatric department. I did have issues with my case manager everyone on staff in the bariatric dept was very suportive and concerned about my sucess except for her she was very RUDE and blunt. It's been long hall for me in this process. It actually took me 1 year thats entirely TOO LONG. I kept cheating loosing and then gaining all that I lost back how crazy is that. Not 2 mention my dad passed during this process so talk about greif and slight depression. Needless to say I MADE IT...I PRESSED THROUGH IT .. I am ready focused and excited about this new endevor in my life! Kaiser ROCKS!!

Dr. Im was also my surgeon - he did my surgery on 8/26/08. I think I know which case manager you are talking about - yes she is blunt, but she can be helpful too. Dr. Im is also very upfront - I got a bad scolding from him at my first fill for eating a couple of items that aren't allowed - ie one small piece of cheese pizza, a hotdog bun. I had a good cry in the car. Good luck with your surgery - it is right around the corner.

Wow BandedPrincess, you're almost there! What a long wait for you, I bet you're so anxious to get this done with so you can start this new journey. I have Dr. Fisher and I really liked him too, although I bet all 4 surgeons are amazing. I'm sorry you've had such a tough year and such a long wait. I hope everything works out great, you heal fast and are healthy and skinny soon!

Keep us posted, okay? :wink2:

p.s. Does case manager start with an L, end with a Z and have an I in the middle?

I got my orientation appointment!!! I called today and played stupid and told them I was just following up and needed an orientation appointment. Well i have my orientation on December 16, 2008........this Tuesday. It is the only one in December and I rushed around and was luckily able to get the day off. I have to work this weekend but I am willing to do that to be able to go this month. I can start the weightloss on Wednesday. They also told me not to lose until after orientation even though it sounds funny they said it was the best way to go.

This time they were very nice and friendly even. Just seems to depend on who you get on the phone.

I was told to be early as they will send you home for being more than 10 minutes late no matter how far you drive. They also said it is easy to get lost so come early.

I hope to get my pysch and surgeon appointment by cancellatino in the next three weeks as I have time off. Would be nice to get them both the same day actually!! We'll see. I am very excited!!

That's great! Good luck!

BTW--I TOTALLY got lost in a really really bad neighborhood, so make sure you give yourself plenty of time to find it.

I have heard good things about Dr. Fisher. He is the head of the department and has the most experience. That is why I am hoping to get him. I am sure everyone else is also good but I like the experience factor