Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mini goal by New Years Day?? Any takers??

I made it. I'm at 358 now and goal was 360 by 1/1/09. How is everyone else doing?:tongue_smilie:

Congrats on reaching your goal!

I'm at 7 with a goal of 8 - 10. I need to get out and exercise and avoid the oh so tempting holiday food. I am committing to working out 3 times this week...I usually am busy w/my kiddies but I am going to do serious workouts. Hopefully that will help!

Congrats on everyones weight loss. I've lost 8 lbs since I started this thread and I stated that I wanted to lose 12 by new years day so there is still hope. I'm still happy to have lost 8 already since the month between my last fill and current fill I had only lost 4 pounds. It seems as if I am finally on my way to good, steady weight loss. We still have 11 days to go before our new year weigh in.....see y;all then and good luck!:tounge_smile:

keep at it. Your so close to getting to your goals by year's end and there's plenty of time to do it. I'm starting to love my band how about you folks?:biggrin:

Thanks ukcatsfan, I'm going to keep plugging away at it. And I agree with you.....I'm loving my band too even though it was a bit fickle last month. I'm hoping that I won't gain any weight over Christmas with the feast and all.

I have lost 1/4 of the weight I need to lose. 50 pounds gone.....Hit the scale yesterday and at 356.9. I put on a shirt to wear to work today and my tie is like long again. Pre banding my ties were much shorter at least where they hit because of my big belly. But wow, I didn't realize until this morning how much of my belly fat is gone. I still struggle with some of the effects of getting banded but I'm in the groove.

Here's a new challenge once you folks hit your new year's day goal. How much weight would you push yourself to lose my one of my favorite holidays Valentine Day? That would be 45 days from 1/1/09. For me my goal is 340 by 2/25/09. And I haven't seen that in years and this one is hoping I can get below 300 by the first part of summer. That's a number that I literally haven't been under for at least 10 years plus. And that's the number the I must eclipse in my head to know that it was worth all of the sacrifices and ill effects of the band. Plus that would put my less than 100 to my end goal.

I can't even believe that I can think of getting down to a weight of something even in the 200's. Wow reality in the face!

You in for sweet heart day?:thumbup:

openag let's go

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! Today is the official weigh-in day for those who participated in this challenge. There were 14 people including myself who were up to it, so I hope everyone will check in today and post their weight loss....no matter how you did, we are ALL winners!! As of today, I weigh 202, so I didn't reach my goal of 199 but I'm so damn close I can taste it :Yawn:. Considering that I gained 2.5 lbs during the week of Christmas, I feel like I've done pretty good and I'm proud of myself as I'm sure you all are of yourselves. Hope you all have a fantastic thin new year!!

Mary

Well, I didn't make it to my goal of 299 but I have lost 8 pounds since the challenge started. I am now at 307 and have lost 30 pounds since my surgery October 27th so I am doing pretty good.

Happy New Year Everyone!!:Yawn:

Happy New Year All!

Great job to those who made their goal! I can't believe I did not make goal :biggrin: I still keep losing and gaining the same 1-2 lbs. So I was at 202 yesterday. I am still proud of a NSV I have had recently, like on Christmas I actually took time to pick out what I was going to wear instead of dreading getting ready and actually thinking of ways I could get out of going to visit family.

Question: I have been having a difficult time sleeping for about a week now, I have pressure in my throat, its not burning like heartburn I experieced before being banded...but pressure/difficulty swallowing and I am afraid my band slipped...but I haven't throw up... I am overdue for my first fill but I wanted to wait till after the holidays not so much because I wanted to be able to eat more...but about having so extra money for presents. Does any one have suggestions or have you experienced this?

You should call your doctor. The band is stitched to your stomach and really is hard to get it to move or slip. You may have something stuck that may require your doctor's attention. If you can't swallow or move liquids you have a problem. I'm sure it's something minor but get it checked out asap.