Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have failed my band - SUPPORT GROUP

Day 6!

exercise - check

fitday - check

post - check

I'm thinking of you, Tabithan, and sending thoughts of encouragement.

Hi Kathy,

I think I got your warm thoughts because I actually woke up this morning and went to the gym - Wuhuuuuuuuu - started the week on the right track and goal is to continue the positive track. Thank you!!!!!!!!!

I'm so proud of you on your accomplishments with the goals!!! Question for you, Webkat - One week excercise down - will you up your excercise a little bit this week? maybe walk one more minute or increase the incline a lil? hehe - pushing, pushing!!! :thumbup:

How are all the other strugglers doing?? What are your goals for this week???

My goals for this week:

• Eat no more than 1500 calories per day
  • Work out 5 days this week - 1 day - check
  • Track everything that goes in my mouth on fitday
  • Increase my workout intensity a tad bit!!! :confused_smile:

Tomorrow is the new beginning for me. I'm not sure how long I will last on my treadmill, but I'm shooting for at least 20 minutes! Thanks for the motivation!

Hi Bayougirl!!!

How did you do on your workout this weekend??? :confused_smile:

My goals are to : Exercise 3-4 x per week - drink more Water - keep a daily food diary - lose at least 30 pounds by may 6 year anniversary band surgery date in February. Am I hopeless or what?

Hi IBBANDED,

How are you?? Since you are a lurker, gotta pull you out of the shadows. :thumbup: :confused_smile: Tell us, how did you do this weekend on your goals?? What are your goals for this week?

Hope you are doing well!!!!

I considered the fact that he could've just missed the port, and not actually given me a fill at all; however, I have lost even the restriction I had BEFORE I went to him. I already had moderate restriction with 2.5 cc in a 4 cc band when I went for a fill. And, now I have NO restriction - not only do I not have more restriction with the fill, I don't have ANY restriction. Puzzling, huh? That's what makes me think he did something that caused me to lose all the Fluid I had in there. Trying to keep high hopes!

Hi SKHOPP,

How are you doing??? I know you had some challenges - how are you doing?? are your hopes still high??

Good morning everyone! I'm so glad that I joined this thread and I think that we ALL are going to be successful in the end!

I got started on my treadmill this weekend. It was small, but it was a start! I ended up going to work Sat morning and then did Christmas shopping Sat afternoon so I didn't get started with the exercise until yesterday. I did 20 min and then took my big exercise ball up and got it aired up to do some ab work. I've mapped out what I want to do each day so my biggest goal this week is to exercise at least 20 min each day. It's going to be tough because I have 2 Christmas party gatherings this week. I guess the good news about it is that I'm still only on soft foods since they removed my saline so that will keep me restricted!

I hope everyone has a GREAT week and let's stay focused and encouraged!!!!:confused_smile:

I feel so great to be in this support group.

I had surgery on July 7, and have lost about 28 pound from my highest weight. I have not followed my eating program consistently since I went to solids. I feel ashamed but I know that isn't helpful, so I am ready for a new start.

I know I have to learn to make myself a priority and to not be lazy about cooking. I have to trust that my experts know better than I do about portions. But I also have to honor my hunger and not let it get out of hand-i.e. shakes and/or yogurt only between meals. And I have to remember to love myself unconditionally.

Thanks so much for your support. It's good to know I'm not alone out there!

Hi all!

Tabithan - thanks for checking in with me. I applaud you *CLAP CLAP CLAP* for taking the time to address many of us individually. It's comforting to know that there are others out there that can not only relate to my issues, but care about me as well.

I haven't had a very good last few days - I'm upset about my band issue, but going to see my surgeon's partner on Wednesday. Besides that weighing on my mind, my daughter was attacked at a basketball game on Thursday night. Punched repeatedly in the head by another girl, over some name calling. I called the police, as I fully intend on pressing charges. Yadda, Yadda, Yadda. So, she is scared to death to go to school anymore - which is sad for an A-B student, who used to love school. Luckily for her, we had a snow day today. That puts additional stresses on me. AND, I don't have my Christmas shopping done, yet. So many things to worry about. I need to buckle down, put myself first, and do what I know how to do.

Thanks again, and good luck to all of you. WE CAN AND WILL SUCCEED!

Steph

Steph, I am so sorry to hear about the problems your daughter is having. There is no greater stress than watching our children having problems. See if there is any way to keep her away from that girl and make sure the school is aware of the problems. I dealt with a crap school that my son attended and it is not an easy battle, and I WORKED in the system and it was hard to get results. I wouldn't recommend the "blue ribbon" middle school my son was at to anyone. My son called his middle school years as his "time in hell". High school, believe it or not, is much easier for him. Even though time is hard pressed for us all, exercise would help you relieve your AND your daughter's stress as well. It makes you feel better. I will be praying for you. I understand what you are dealing with.

I got started on my treadmill this weekend. It was small, but it was a start! I ended up going to work Sat morning and then did Christmas shopping Sat afternoon so I didn't get started with the exercise until yesterday. I did 20 min and then took my big exercise ball up and got it aired up to do some ab work. I've mapped out what I want to do each day so my biggest goal this week is to exercise at least 20 min each day. It's going to be tough because I have 2 Christmas party gatherings this week. I guess the good news about it is that I'm still only on soft foods since they removed my saline so that will keep me restricted!

I hope everyone has a GREAT week and let's stay focused and encouraged!!!!:)

Yayyyyyy!!! Great job on getting on track with the workout Bayougirl. And the fact that you have mapped out the week is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Having a strategy in place definitely helps with accomplishing the goals. For me, my little excercise ticker serves to keep me accountable in a wierd way. No clue why, but you should consider it. :frown:

So you an on soft foods huh?? what worked well for me on soft foods is weetabix for Breakfast - love it - it is organic ceral - you add a bunch of milk to it then you microwave it and it is almost the consistency of porridge. Then add some splenda - YUM!!!

Great job so far and please keep us updated on your daily progress!!

I feel so great to be in this support group.

I had surgery on July 7, and have lost about 28 pound from my highest weight. I have not followed my eating program consistently since I went to solids. I feel ashamed but I know that isn't helpful, so I am ready for a new start.

I know I have to learn to make myself a priority and to not be lazy about cooking. I have to trust that my experts know better than I do about portions. But I also have to honor my hunger and not let it get out of hand-i.e. shakes and/or yogurt only between meals. And I have to remember to love myself unconditionally.

Thanks so much for your support. It's good to know I'm not alone out there!

Hi SLIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!!!!!!!!!!! We are so glad to have you and excited that there is one more person we can support and who can support us on this journey.

I totally hear you about cooking - I am not a big cooking fan but have started cooking on sundays to last me a couple of days. In addition, I have been buying some frozen dinners to take for lunch which helps with the calorie control and means my Sunday cooking lasts much longer as it ends up being just for dinner!!!

For the portion size, buying the measuring cups and a little kitchen scale for the food has helped. I am not good at eyeballing yet!!!

It is also amazing to track your food intake on fitday.com. You can track your weight progress as well and it is quite fascinating to see how much you really are consuming in a day! How many calories do you eat a day??? :)

I hear you on following the band rules consistently -it can be a challenge to stay on track especially if you eat out much like I do. I know that regularly tracking my weight, setting specific goals, and keeping myself accoutable by posting here DAILY has worked has helped me.

Question for you SLIM:

What are your specific goals for the rest of December??

Again, Welcome!! We are so glad you have joined us, SLIM:thumbup:

Let's do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all!

Tabithan - thanks for checking in with me. I applaud you *CLAP CLAP CLAP* for taking the time to address many of us individually. It's comforting to know that there are others out there that can not only relate to my issues, but care about me as well.

I haven't had a very good last few days - I'm upset about my band issue, but going to see my surgeon's partner on Wednesday. Besides that weighing on my mind, my daughter was attacked at a basketball game on Thursday night. Punched repeatedly in the head by another girl, over some name calling. I called the police, as I fully intend on pressing charges. Yadda, Yadda, Yadda. So, she is scared to death to go to school anymore - which is sad for an A-B student, who used to love school. Luckily for her, we had a snow day today. That puts additional stresses on me. AND, I don't have my Christmas shopping done, yet. So many things to worry about. I need to buckle down, put myself first, and do what I know how to do.

Thanks again, and good luck to all of you. WE CAN AND WILL SUCCEED!

Steph

OMG Steph - I am SO SORRY to hear this - I cannot imagine how cruel kids are these days - we hear stories and cannot imagine that this happens in our schools, which should be safe havens for our children. I will keep you and your daughter in my thoughts and I truly hope everything turns around soon.

I am glad that despite the challenges you are able to place some focus on you. But I think I will be easy on you because you have been through some serious challenges the past couple of days. With regards to the band, I would recommend choosing one of your few goals to focus on, rather than all 3 or 5 or however many you have. This way, you can focus on your daughter and also focus on yourself.

You are in our thoughts. Please update us on what happens with your daughter and with your fill doctor on Wednesday.

Tabitha

Hi everyone,

I have an update - On friday last week I felt some sharp pain on the new location of my port (my port was revised and moved about 3 weeks ago.) I felt two sharp edges that occassionally irritated my skin. I went to the doctor today and guess what?? the sutures he used to tie my port to the skin somehow came loose and are pressing against my stomach, hence the pain. I have to go back into the hospital Friday(assuming on-time insurance approval) so he can cut off the sutures (which he explained are like a fishline.) Wish me luck!!

But you know what?? despite these MINOR challenges, I am SO GLAD about the fact that I have the band. it has taken me almost two years to lose 54 lbs (mainly because I failed my band) but the weight didnt come back - this would have been an IMPOSSIBLE FEAT without the band.

From a goals perspective, today has been good. So far, I am within my calorie goal, I worked out, and I have written down everything I am eating. Need to do better on the Water.

How did you all do today???

Hi Crzytchr!!! How are you doing???? :frown: I know you are not one of the strugglers but I love reading your posts. Always so insightful. Thanks for visiting us regularly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Hi everyone,

I have an update - On friday last week I felt some sharp pain on the new location of my port (my port was revised and moved about 3 weeks ago.) I felt two sharp edges that occassionally irritated my skin. I went to the doctor today and guess what?? the sutures he used to tie my port to the skin somehow came loose and are pressing against my stomach, hence the pain. I have to go back into the hospital Friday(assuming on-time insurance approval) so he can cut off the sutures (which he explained are like a fishline.) Wish me luck!!

But you know what?? despite these MINOR challenges, I am SO GLAD about the fact that I have the band. it has taken me almost two years to lose 54 lbs (mainly because I failed my band) but the weight didnt come back - this would have been an IMPOSSIBLE FEAT without the band.

From a goals perspective, today has been good. So far, I am within my calorie goal, I worked out, and I have written down everything I am eating. Need to do better on the Water.

How did you all do today???

I'm so sorry to hear that! You have a great attitude about it though. And good job getting to the gym today!

I'm struggling today. It's just a generally bad day and taking care of my diet and good habits it the first thing to go. I don't want to exercise and have been putting it off all day long. I'm going to go down and get on the treadmill right now and get it over with.

Wishing you all sweet dreams.