Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much is in your band?

Hello fellow bandsters! I just stumbled onto this site while scouring the net for answers to some questions I have. This looks like a very nice community and one I intend to use! Anywho, I'm a newbie so play nice :thumbup:

I was curious how much Fluid is in a normally filled band. I had surgery on Nov 5th, had some issues healing so the doc drained it. I just went last week for my first fill and he put 1cc in it.

1cc just didn't look like much to me and I feel hungry still. I'm at the point I'm moving to solid food now but I think I'm eating more than I should and I never really feel full. Right after the surgery I noticed a third of a shake had me filling very full and I kinda liked it. The doc was concerned though that I wasn't getting enough nutrition to heal (since I could maybe barely get 1 shake down a day).

So for those who are well beyond the operation and at a good point in your journey - how much is in your band?

This has been one hell of a journey so far, way tougher than I ever expected. I used to honestly think the band was the "easy" way out and struggled mentally to accept getting one. HAHAHA was I wrong! Thanks for the help all and I look forward to sharing this trip with you!

i've been as high as 8.5cc's in my band (10cc), and currently @ 7.2ccs.

your right - it's not an easy way out! welcome to lapband talk & congrats on your band!!

I have not posted in a while but wanted to "check in" and review info on fills. I read your post and wanted to reply. I did not have a fill until four weeks post op. I guess every doctor does things differently. My surgery date was 03/03/08. I have a 10cc band and just had a fill 11/20 to 6cc. It was a slow process as far as the fills go for me. Some people feel good restriction right after their first fill others take more fills to get the right amount in their band.

Best of luck to you!

Hello, Congratulations on your band and great recovery.

I have a APS Band 10cc. Currently I have 6.8cc's on it. I have been up to 7cc's before but got blocked and The surgeon had to deflate it. I have been working my way up slowly. My last fill was on Oct.23 and I think I will go back after Thanksgiving for a touch up. I probably ask him to leave at 6.9cc's.

I feel good restriction now but in the afternoon I feel hungry that is why I said "touch-up"

Good luck and remember everyone is different and for me it might take almost 7ccs for somebody else 4.5 would be enough. So it really depends on your stomach really.

REgards

Vicky

Hi woodspot. I have no idea how much is in my band....I'm just glad it's working. We're all so different.....trying to judge what your fill should be by going on what others have is akin to judge your shoe size by asking what size everybody else is. Just my $.02

I used to religiously track how much was in my band, but since my abdominal surgery last month and subsequent refilling of the band, I've decided not to even mess with it. I'm simply going to go by how it feels restriction-wise. If all is good, then I'm good to go. If not, I'll go see doc for some juice.< /p>