Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going to Vegas and want to be prepared

I am going to Vegas for a few days and I am scared.

I have some staples, protien drink, canned chicken (in Water - tuna might be too hard to work with and stinky), canned fruit and I will bring some other foods.

I want to be prepared and make sure there is something I can eat, I am not totally on regular food yet, and I don't want to make a mistake - like GETTING STUCK.

HELP - please......... :) Debbie

I am not quite 3 months out and have done two conventions plus a week in Vegas, just be consious of what you are eating and look for mushy or soft foods. I was in Vegas a week and lost two pounds:cool:

It seems to me that you have all of the things I would have thought of. You have absolutely nothing to be afraid of. You will do great!

If you are going to be eating in your room you could bring Weight Control oatmeal and make it with hot Water from your in room coffee maker. Also, I eat a scant 1/2 cup of Fiber One Cereal with a little Kashi Go Lean Cereal to bring it up to a 1/2 cup every morning for Fiber and Protein (from the Kashi). I like it dry, so I make individual sized portions to go, when I'm going to be out in the morning. If you like prunes would be good to take too. When I'm eating out, I love all the different varieties of fish. So far, I don't have any trouble with getting things stuck (KNOCK ON WOOD), and I'm on regular food, so I do have a lot of options. When I'm going out of town, I like to have my good healthy safe foods along to stay on track.

Have a GREAT TIME!!

Kiz,

Funny you mention fish. I have gone out and gotten fish a few times. I have shared and one place gave me alacart and a small portion. It was great. Two meals. I love fish and it seems to love me.

I have High Fiber oatmeal, I didn't think about the coffee maker for the hot Water. I always use milk for the extra Calcium, but that is a fantastic idea. I am also taking cottage cheese and my applesause for a quick meal.

I have all my stuff to take and some protien drink with 30 grams of protien I got at costco for emergencies. I am always prepared no matter where I go. I figure I have to, no one is watching out for me except me.

Thank you all so much for your input. Debbie

debbie, sounds like you have everything under control. I'll be using some of your tips for food on my next trip. I like milk with my oatmeal too, and you reminded me how I've gotten it away from home. My doctor has us add dry skim milk powder to our Protein Shake mix for the Protein boost. Since I had the box of dry milk, I took some along for my oatmeal. It made it creamy, and I got the added protein and Calcium in my cereal.

Everyone I've known on a diet who stuck to it in Vegas ended up losing weight. I drank lots of Water and did a lot of walking.

Thank you all so much - We had a fantastic time. My food was very controlled and I believe I have lost weight.

I even went out to dinner at the Outback Steakhouse with Hubby. We shared a dinner. I got a very small portion of the steak and steamed veggies. I savored EVERY BITE. I have to say, it was the BEST steak I have ever had in my life. I hate to admit this, but I couldn't eat all my steak, aprox 1 1/2 ounce, so I licked it. I just wanted a little more flavor, not food. I cut the steak in tiny bits and ate slowly. My hubby is a SLOW eater and I finished way after him. I was so proud.

Also - We went to Vegas in July. I almost had a stroke or heart attack with all the walking. At on Hotel, they gave me two waters. I was winded and walking was very difficult. I walked miles this time. I even led, would have walked faster but the crowds were horrific. I loved it, and we walked everywhere, even to dinner. I cannot believe the difference.

I am so happy and thankful for all of you for your help.

Debbie