Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustrated..restriction in mornin hardly any..

Ok.. i am frustrated. I haven't had a fill and I am a lil confused! I have good restriction in the morning, sometimes I can eat one piece of toast and a boiled egg.. very slowly. I mean slowly, sometime its uncomfortable. Then by lunch a turkey sandwich. dinner a cup of whatever for dinner, but by 9pm.. i am hungry.. and really hungry! I am really confused by this. They told me 3 meals a day but I am hungry around 9-10pm? I can barely eat during the day.. but come around late I am starved. Do I need a fill? Or just have a healthy snack? I am pretty active. I am a homemaker, I cook, clean, run a business from home, photographer and I work out. I average around 1500 cals a day. I am not gaining weight, but my weightloss has slowed alot! GRRRR Any suggestions? I am not sceduled for a fill until dec, which is fine.. thanksgiving is coming up! lol.. gobble gobble! :smile2:

This is very common, some people cannot eat anything in the mornings, and have to wait until afternoon to eat anything at all. Its one of the side effects with the band I believe. Not sure why there is more restriction, but I know its common.

When you get a fill, I suspect you may be one of the ones that will not be able to eat in the am but perhaps you could have a Protein shake?

Best wishes.

I sounds like you need a fill. Most people are tighter in the mornings, but you shouldn't be getting so hungry later. Congrats on your continuing weight loss!

not sure if you need a fill if you're already having a hard time eating throughout the day. the time table of my appetite is similar to yours. tight in the mornings, eases up at lunch and by 8p, i can pretty much eat anything (and in quantity!). i've experimented by slightly upping my portions for a 7ish pm dinner. i try to eat something that will sit in my pouch for a couple of hours, eg beef or chicken. following band rules re: drinking is important at night, at least for me. if'm super hungry and can't stand it anymore, i'll have a yogurt or some strawberries as a late night snack. and, if i really get the munchies around midnight, i just try lots of Water. what i've realized about my sensation about hunger is that i've often confused hunger with thirst -- especially late at night.

anyways, my 2 cents. good luck.

I am alot like you where I am tighter in the am hours. What I will do is eat smaller portions. Something warm may open your band a little in the morning. I eat my largest meal and the most calories at night. This has always been my hungriest time, even prior to the band. Now I have just accepted that and worked with it. If I am hungry between meals I have never thought twice of having a piece of fruit. Bananas work really well for me, they are very filling. I have taken this journey as a healthier lifestyle and I just don't think that getter more healthy food into your body whether its 3 meals a day or 3 meals and 2 Snacks makes much of a difference. You will learn what your body needs to maintain your lifestyle. I personally, like my band a little loose so I am able to eat enough to maintain my stamina throughout the day and be able to exercise 1-2hrs 5x's a week. Don't be afraid to play around a little bit and find what's comfortable. Good Luck