Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exhausted

Anyone else just absolutely exhausted since surgery?

I was pretty tired all the time BEFORE surgery but since surgery it's been worse. I'm seeing others and talking to others who've had surgery around the same time as I did and they all have tons of energy and feel great. I don't need tons of energy but I'd like SOME! LOL!

I do have a 2 1/2 year old DD that I'm home with. I work about 5 hours a week, at home. DH is a fireman and works a 72 hour shift so for a good part of the week, it's just me with the kiddo. I know that's tiring but I'm not feeling like I should be THIS tired.

I could've been in bed at 6 tonight and been happily asleep. It's crazy!

I think I'm going to have to talk to my PCP. My bloodtests all show my thyroid levels are normal, tho I think they're on the low side. Maybe I need to be retested. I'm getting plenty of Protein, supplements are fine, I'm not taking Iron 'cause it scares me so I don't know how I'm doing on that end.

Anyway, in the meantime, I thought I'd ask if anyone else is just sooo exhausted as well.

Oh, and my mom, who's had several surgeries, says to give it 6 months! :) That would be end of February!

:crying:I dont seem to have any energy right now and it is soo hard getting in to the gym I dont know what to do. A friend of mine said it may be the fact that i am not getting enough protien. I would love some advice or info that would help me get my energy back. I feel like i am dragging and I dont think thats going to help me with the weightloss. I Have 3 very active jobs and if i dont do something to build up my energy that is going to be a problem...:)

I hear you...I am also really tired a lot lately (was more tired before though!)...I am worse though when I get to that TOM. So one would think it could be Iron related....

Gee I have the opposite problem, too much energy LOL. Are you all eating your Protein? That may be the problem. I upped my protein and I feel a lot better. I have 70 grams a day, I cut back on my starches. Just protein and veggies now. A little bit of dairy, cheese and yogurt and fat free milk.

I was in the beginning and they found my Vit D was extremely low (should be around 40 and mine was at 21). I started on prescription Vit D which helped a lot. I am now down to just daily, but if I miss a few days I notice it.

I agree about the Protein as well. Carbs make you tired!

i would check to see if your a bit anemic, or lacking in B12.< /p>

could be as simple as getting a b12 shot?? be worth checking out.

Thank you every one all of those are great ideals I am going to check them all out and if I come up with any thing that helps me I will share it with all of you. If any of you have any questions or problems I can help with please ask away, don’t be shy. I most definitely am not going to be shy. LOL!

Lack of Iron is definitely something that can make you feel exhausted. Here in Australia, you can buy Iron tablets over the counter, and can get iron in liquid form too, so don't be scared to try that - all it is is yet another supplement.

I have always suffered from a low blood count, and have a low-ish BP at 100/60, and reach for the iron everytime I'm starting to feel 'washed out'. I also take B12 supps. If the iron doesn't help, and you're exercising regularly (this helps with your energy levels too) I'd go get a check up and some blood work done. You may be deficient in something.

Like Shamrockgirl60 I've never had so much energy in my life as I do now.

Thanks, y'all! I think I need to start counting my Protein again. I think I'm getting enough but maybe I'm not.

I do take a liquid B-combo. It's a complex with a sublingual. I hold it under my tongue for 30 seconds, then swallow. I'm only taking one dose in the AM. Maybe I need to take another dose in the afternoon? I usually really crash in the late afternoon/early evening.

I forgot about the Iron as far as really being low. I'm having problems with a lot of breakthrough (sorry guys!) since surgery. Even though I'm on Depo Shots. I'd just started them before surgery so didn't get my levels right in time, then had surgery and with the hormone stuff, I might be low in that. I've heard of side-effects from too much Iron and that's what scares me but I betcha I probably need the supps. I'll look into liquid form at my natural foods store when we pick up our farm veggies on Monday.

I'll work on different things and see what happens. And thanks to Lellow's advice on another thread I have another idea for getting in more exercise (treadmill after DD goes to bed)!

I'll keep in touch and we'll see what we all come up with!

THANK YOU!!!