Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys. Im home from vacation. I went to Florida with my son and hubbie to see my dad. Its been years since I have seen my father. He was sooo amazed at the difference between before and after the surgery! He has been an incredable support for this surgery. I had a fill just before I left and I didn't feel any difference in restriction this time around, UNTILL I tried to eat spare ribs....Oh my Gosh I thought I was going to PB...but it all stayed down. It hurt sooo bad! Then it happened a second time on something else......Then when we were on our way home it happened on a hamburger and then again on some chicken and I have come to realize that I just wasn't chewing well enough. This fill that I got before leaving was my second fill....sooooo I had some adjustments to make on my mental end!! I was able to eat a lot more than I thought I could, like quantity wise, but when I didn't chew it enough, holy moly!!! I had some cake on my vacation and had some coconut shrimp (which I earned!!) I say I earned it because the resturant had sharks hanging from the ceiling! I had a HUGE panic attack in the middle of the line to get into the place! My father had to come and rescue me! When I was little, like two years old, and the movie Jaws came out, my brother and sisters use to hold me down and make me watch it! Then they use to make the daaaduuhnn music by the bathroom door as I was taking a bath, and then they use to like to play shark when we would go swimming....Just one of those things that carried over into my adulthood! Soooo when I finally got into the resturant, I EARNED that coconut shrimp!! I felt like I was on punishment cause I couldn't look up at all!!! I sat with my head down and stared at my plate...good thing cause there was a big one right over my head! (found that out after we left the place)........ugh! It was HARD BUT I LIVED THRU! This was my dads favorite place and he wanted us to soooo badly eat there! He didn't notice the sharks until I had my little melt down! 32 years old bein rescued by daddy!! There were little kids ~ MY LITTLE KID was in this place! ANYWAY. I really feel like I over did it on this vacation......I ate!!! Mostely Proteins, but I feel like I didn't do as good as I could have. So, I am going to do liquids for a few days, then mushies. I think I should anyway to get use to this new found restriction with this new fill....I do feel sorta guilty for eatting as much as I did. One morning for example, I had two eggs scrambled, and two slices of meatloaf! Thats way more than 8 ounces of food. Then for Breakfast as we were traveling, I would have a Mc Donalds big breakfast, eat the eggs and sausage, and toss the bisquet....I would nibble on the hashbrown.....I know I blew it big time by eatting McDonalds. I was supose to weigh in today, I weigh myself every Sunday....I skipped it today!!! I can't bare to look at the scale!! Ugh guilt! what a horriable thing! Well, I have a plan....to do the Protein Shakes for a few days at least until I get back in control. i am gonna get back to Curves.......Then all will be good!!! I will weigh in next week......All righty, thanks for letting me vent! I felt horriable over the amount of food I was eatting. gosh, when you think back to before I was banded, what I ate over this week was only a drop in the bucket!!!! How could one feel guilty over what I ate? I do though!! Okay...thanks again!

TTYL

Let go of the guilt!! It's over and you are back on track. So glad you had a great time and you are home!!!

I know what you mean about the mental changes...my first fill is working well and I'm still learning how it's working. I PB'd pineapple tonight. Nope. Can't do pineapple! But I can eat 4-5 ounces of thin sliced turkey breast in one sitting (?) so go figure. I, too, will do liquids until dinner tomorrow where I'll do mushies, then slow from there. The good thing is, protiens go down well so far.

Anyhow, welcome home!

Kathy,

Thanks for listening! You are a good friend. After I got off the computer last night, I desided to learn a lesson, and weigh myself. I figured then I would know the consequences....yadda yadda yadda.....End result, I lost 3.5 pounds over vacation!! I did a lot of walking, and swimming, and sweating, (man is Florida hot!) So, that goes to show you, just when you think you totally blew it, there could be sun at the end of the rainbow! Geeeeeez all that guilt for what??? I know I wont be doing all that eatting now that I am home, so it was all in good vacation spirit!

TTYL

ROB ZOMBIE CONCERT TONIGHT! CANT WAIT! I bought myself such a sexy top! whoa! I don't know if the price pissed my hubbie off, or if the type of top did it! It is a black lace boostiay with a light blue liner. UGH i can't wait to wear it!!! I WILL LETCHA KNOW ALL ABOUT THE CONCERT! ehehehehe