Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm new to LapBand Talk.com

Hi...I'm at an impasse on my weight loss and feel like I've been stuck for over a year. I'm looking for suggestions, support, weight loss ideas, and someone to talk to who understands.

I was banded in July 2006. I only had 75 lbs to lose, successfully lost about 60, and seem to be backtracking. :rolleyes2: I'm at 55lbs lost and can't seem to get back on the right track.

I have a 4 CC band, which is only filled to 3.2 CC's (I think that was the last amount it was filled to.)

I've posted another thread on a different topic so if you happen to see this, please check my other thread.

Thanks so much and I look forward to speaking with any/all of you!

Have a blessed day!

Ladyshy78

Hey Shy. I've been struggling with a plateau lately myself. Recently, I started adding in walking to my workout routine, and I think the scales are starting to move again. Do you exercise? IMO, exercise is sometimes under-rated by those that have a band.

ladyshy78-I wish I had some ideas, tips, suggestions to help you out. But, I'm actually in the same boat as you - maybe a little worse, as far as success goes. I was banded May 2007 and have only lost the 12-15 pounds I lost during the pre-op pahse. I have not lost NOR GAINED 1 shittin' pound since surgery. This is very disappointing, discouraging, depressing, etc. I know how you feel - it's tough to go through WLS and then not have near the success it seems everyone else in the world is having. I feel like a total failure. You have lost a significant amount of weight, though - Good for you. It's such an uphill battle for me, for most of us, and many times I feel like I'm rolling down the hill at a fast pace. I find that I have to take my life hour by hour - not day by day, as that's too overwhelming - I can really screw up my eating in 24 hrs time! Don't give up -- (easier said than done, I know first hand). I am thankful that I haven't gained, but very upset that I haven't lost. I truly wish you the best of luck. We can chat whenever you need to, though I'm not exactly a bundle of joy or queen of successes. lol

Hi Plain,

I do exercise...not completely religiously but I usually get on my stationary exercise bike about 3 times per week and the time I'm on the bike ranges from 20 minutes to 45 minutes.

Hey Sshop,

I'm sorry to hear that the LB hasn't worked for you, yet. I hope that you'll find your catalyst to kick start your weight loss. As you can guess, I struggled for much of my life with weight loss so I know the frustration you're experiencing!

Ladyshy

Hello, this is my first post. Sorry for the length but something truly remarkable happened to me yesterday and I want to share it. I had lap band surgery yesterday and came home today. I could not be more pleased with my Dr. and staff. Even the office nurse and dietician came by the hospital this AM to check on me. In recovery I was having significant pain but there was something within me that just wanted to get out of bed and walk. The recovery nurse asked me if I was sure that I wanted to do this because of the amount of pain I was having along with borderline low oxygen saturations. I am a doctor on staff at the hospital where I had surgery so I guess she let me fudge a little. Anyway, when we got to the room, I got my clothes on and started walking. A strength came over me that I can't describe. As soon as I started walking my pain left. My wife and aunt couldn't keep up with me and started taking turns with one walking with me while the other marked the tally marks for my laps. I walked at a fast pace pushing my IV pole until I had walked for 6 miles. I rested for an hour, took some tylenol and walked another 4 miles. I finally stopped walking because my nurse was getting calls from nurses on the other end of the floor wanting to know what was going on and I think it was making her nervous. I have never had a post-op patient do this and I certainly wasn't trying to impress anyone. I think it was simply the "Joy of the Lord" within me showing me that I can do this and I can live my dreams. I am very sore today and probably did overdo, but that was one of my life's greatest victories. By the way I weigh 275 and had not been in an exercise program prior.