Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

well, all the tests are done and the surgery is slated for December 3rd...the liquid diet begins tomorrow!!! anybody else starting tomorrow? like the other thread about mourning food...i have been having last supper syndrome for the past couple weeks and scared that I am going to sabotage my success...if there is anybody crazy enough to start the liquid diet a week before thanksgiving like me.. let me know you are out there!

Wow... I am feeling for you. That is going to take some will power. Good luck to you! You can do it though. It is going to be SO SO SO worth it. Keep you chin up!

I just found a surgeon who is in my network and I attended his seminar and I scheduled my first appointment with him. Can you tell me what I should expect for my first appointment? What happens after that? How long do you think it will be before I get the surgery?

Thanks,

Kelly

Funny, I was just about to post something on this topic. I have my surgery scheduled for next Wednesday, and am close enough to my pre-op weight loss goal, that I've been thinking it can't hurt to cheat just once. Just one last meal before I am banded and can no longer eat the way I do now. I keep thinking about pizza, and just wanting to have one meal of my favourite foods. But of course I'm afraid. What if that one time I give myself makes me put on 5 lbs and messes things up? Is this a realistic fear?

I can't remember the last time I have thought so much about food and been so sensitive to the smells and sights of food around me. *sigh*

wow! next wednesday.. you are one week away...you have worked so hard... the more you lose pre-op the less you have to lose... you can do it! i love pizza too, but i was thinking that one of the strategies I woudl use when I would be on the verge of crying becuase I can't have the food I will crave is to think about what not having it will get you? cut out an outfit that you would like to buy from a magazine.... start listing all the reasons why you want to do this...if you are like me, you have had enough pizza for many lifetimes...leave it for someone else and give yourself the gift of life by picking up the Protein shake instead.

these are brave words coming from someone that is still up becuase I don't want to go to bed because.. when I wake up I will also be on the program!! I'm alot of talk and I will have to walk the walk here shortly!!

I am going to try and go the full two weeks on point... so I will be emailing you...

this will make you laugh: so I'm all ready to eat my last meal this evening.. with a soda...I can't taste anything!! I caught a headcold the past couple days and it chose this evening to whacked out my taste buds... how evil is that? so I basically ended up throwing everything out! I kept on taking bites thinking I would be able to taste the next time.. it was gross.. just texture in your mouth. what a bummer! o-well i have been having my favorite foods all day every day almost since I got my surgery date... maybe it's my bodies way of saying ENOUGH!!!! I was getting sick of the food looking at it saying that it was killing me, or I was killing myself with food...feeling that teh food controlled me and I was tired of it. do you ever feel that you were on auto pilot as you drove through the drive through as if someone else was driving.. because you know you shouldn't be but you were compelled to do it anyway??

hang in there-- you are doing great!!!!

Been there... Done that... I can tell you this, you can eat those foods again after banding. Just way less. I know it is so hard right now. Just keep your strength. The pre-op diet is such a short time compared to your new life with the band. You all were strong enough to make the decision to get the band, you can (and will) make it through the pre-op diet. Be strong.

Wow... I am feeling for you. That is going to take some will power. Good luck to you! You can do it though. It is going to be SO SO SO worth it. Keep you chin up!

I just found a surgeon who is in my network and I attended his seminar and I scheduled my first appointment with him. Can you tell me what I should expect for my first appointment? What happens after that? How long do you think it will be before I get the surgery?

Thanks,

Kelly

Hi Kelly -

Not sure about how your program ow which doctor but some clinics like to start with a seminar, and then they will follow up with you to see if you are really interested in theri program. Some places set everything up for you in one long visit.... others, you have to set each and every apptmt. With my program you meet with multiple doctors in one visit.. an internist, a psych evaluation, dietician, the surgeon, patient advocate, etc. and they determine if you are a good candidate. if you are, then they set up a pre-op plan with you... and depending on your insurance you have to do a 3 or 6 month documented diet plan, and then they call you in a few days to schedule your surgery date and all the other tests that you have to do: blood work, physical, ekg, blood pressure, chest xray, manometry, and last but not least barium swallow. my program made vary easy for me so everything happened in 2 separate visits.

so your surgery date will vary depending on your insurance and their quidelines.. i am self-pay so they got me in very quickly..To give you an idea, I attened a seminar in mid-october and now I'm 2 weeks away from surgery.

let me know how your first visit goes!!! congrats!