Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Carb Addiction Out of Control!

I was too tight and so I went in for a slight unfill and my Dr wasn't in so I was tortured by a nurse for 20 minutes before she called in the Dr that was there. Well, he took out 1cc and I think that was way too much. After that I was able to eat more than I should eat and that opened me up to carbs and most WLS patients are carbaholics. I am no exception. I still get my protien in but I think I have prety much been grazing and my favorite choice for grazing are high carb food. I have noticed the scale has starteedmoving in the wrong direction andd this causes me to eat emotionally and carbs are what I eat. I plan to go in for anotherr fill but that will have to wait until after my colonoscopy this week. But my little evil voice inside is telling me to wait until after thje holidays so I can enjoy all the goodies. If I ever find the physical source of this voice, I will strangle it lol. I am planning to make the call to get in for a fill right after I eat my lapband appropriate Breakfast here. I don't like being a bad girl! The fill will help me to eat les but I don't think it will bust the carb cycle I am in. I do think that spendding a day on Clear Liquids and drinking the colonoscopy prep might help mee to begin to crack the carb cycle but it will only bee the first step. I am going to try really hard not to eat them again after it is over. Does anyone have any advice on how to kill the carb monster?

I can recommend something.. it worked for me before, but I don't do low-carb anymore.

If you can go a certain amount of time with no-carb, your body stops craving it. I would say 1-2 weeks. (Atkins says 2 weeks, but when I did it I think I stopped dying for sugar after 4-7 days)

Those 1-2 weeks will be rough because your body is use to carbs, and will be wanting them.. but if you can pull yourself through that time, your body essentially converts how it processes fat & carbs and no longer 'craves'/'needs' carbs.

I agree, the only way to stop the cravings is to clear them out of your system...go extreme no-carb for a couple weeks. In my experience it takes less than a week of suffering through "carb withdrawal" . After two weeks start re-introducing carbs but only in natural form (fruit, veggies, milk, whole grains) and try to eat them with a Protein to lessen the affect on your blood sugar. I find it best to avoid the starches as much as possible, potato, rice, corn, Pasta, bread. You can have a small serving once or twice a week but spread it out and always with a protein. And of course no sugar. This seems extreme to some but if you are a carb addict, it is the only way to get rid of the constant head hunger that will surely sabotage your weight loss.

Oh my goodness you have no idea how much I agree with you. I love carbs and I can eat it all day and all night. lol Try to find something else to get addicted to. I know easier said than done. But check these out they are actual craving suprressant nutrition bars. heres the link take a look.

https://www.bariatricadvantage.com/catalog?cat=Control%20Bar&so=