Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not doing too well!

I've been doing the Preop diet since Oct 27th. My surgery is scheduled for Thursday and today I had pizza, not just 1 piece either.

If I can't even suceed in the begining how can I expect to soar once I have the band??

Please no negative comments, I'm beating myself up enough. I'm so disappointed in myself that I want to cry.

no negatives here - that's an awfully long time to be on a pre-op diet. hopefully, you can just pick back up today & regroup....good luck to you!!!

I did that a little pre op. I was mourning my favorite foods...like pizza! I knew that I would never have it again (or not at least for a long time).

It will be ok. Just get your head in the right frame of mind. This week you need to be back on track, esp after Tuesday.

I feel some of your pain, pizza is one of my personal favorites too. In fact my family is not allowed to even say pizza in front of me, I told them in jest to call it the "P" word. Two days ago my family had pizza and we had family over. I actually left and went for a drive. I called my wife and told her to call me back when everyone is done eating, and to do something about the smell. She respectfully did and stated everyone is done eating the "P" word.

I share this to hopefully amuse you, and encourage to try again harder tomorrow.

please don't beat yourself up. i know i cheated big time on my pre-op diet. the medi-fast crap they gave me was horrible. i still had many "last meals" before my surgery.

I've been on my pre-op diet since Oct. 29, and I have 9 more days to go (my surgery is on Nov. 26). So four weeks on the diet in total. It's taken everything I have in me not to cheat. pizza is my greatest weakness too. All I can think about is ordering a pizza, just once can't hurt. I can't even walk into a mall without getting triggered by the sights and smells of food in the various bakeries, shops, and food court. It's horrible. I swear the only thing that's keeping me motivated is the knowledge that I need to lose the weight before the surgery. There is so much at stake. Don't worry about slipping once. Just get back on your diet again. You've gotten this far, and you'll continue to keep going.

I feel some of your pain, pizza is one of my personal favorites too. In fact my family is not allowed to even say pizza in front of me, I told them in jest to call it the "P" word. Two days ago my family had pizza and we had family over. I actually left and went for a drive. I called my wife and told her to call me back when everyone is done eating, and to do something about the smell. She respectfully did and stated everyone is done eating the "P" word.

I share this to hopefully amuse you, and encourage to try again harder tomorrow.

That is too funny! The P word I love it! :smile2:

Thank you very much for the support guys!! I needed to know that I wasn't horrible for cheating. I am back on track and I've learned one thing.... I MUST keep myself busy!!!!

no negatives here. The porpose of the pre-op diet is to shrink our fatty livers so the doctor can easily get in there and apply the band....a little cheating is fine because you have been on it for a really long time. Mine is only 7 days that I start on Thanksgiving. So I feel for you but dont beat yourself up about it. Get back on track and you will be fine.

NO NEGATIVE HERE, please don't beat yourself up. i'm almost a month Post-Op and yes i did cheat on my Pre-Op liquid diet, i think you'll find alot of people that do and have. Even after surgery it's hard because at least for me i had to go back on the clear liquid diet for another 2 weeks and then 1 weekof full liquids after that. So yes i completly understand and was right where you were and just here to say this to shall pass and you will get over, around, and pass this also ! this is why we are here and get banded in the first place. i also felt like a failure and was wondering how in the heck am i going to make it later if i can't now? it's a learning process and although it's a struggle everyday it also gets better everyday. Hang In there you'll do fine !

Dr.Ernest C. Rehnke

Palms Of Pasadena

St.Petersburg, Fl.