Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why is my hair falling out?

I think it depends on the person really, on if and how you lose your hair, maybe Vitamins would work, maybe more Protein would work, but for me, nothing works, and my hair keeps coming out, it comes out a lot when I shower, makes me not want to wash my hair, I hate it. I dont know how its going to get better for those of us who have the endless problem that wont go away.

Mine comes out in the shower too. I don't think it's going to get any better either. It looks like the doctors could help some way, but they don't seem to care.

I too, had hair loss in the beginning. I have very thick hair and I could actually tell a big difference. I have always taken Vitamins, so I didn't think that had anything to do with it. I am a meat eater, and still am. So I am not sure that has anything to do with it either. I was also very slow at losing weight. After 2 1/2 yrs. I still haven't reached goal. So all these theories have been tested by me(the lab rat). So truly, I have no clue why this happens, but I can assure you all, that it stops as fast as it started. Where the hair was thinning is now back to the way it was before. Who knows! Good Luck

Glad I saw this, my hair was very thick. So It will grow back!?:biggrin:

I'm a 1 1/2 years out and my hair still falls out when I shower. I pick up a glob of it in the drain every time I wash my hair (every other day). My hair is thinner than pre-surgery - but not terrible. It must be growing back.

I have chewable Vitamins, but I don't take them very often. I am going to try this Biotin stuff.

HI I was banded a year and a half ago. I was also freaked out when I started loosing my hair. I had very thick hair and not it thinner but I like the change I now flat Iron it and it lays so nice. The hairloss has lessoned but it has not complete stopped. My hair is now in very good condition it got very bad for a while and I had lots of breakage and I had to quit coloring it for a while. Now I am back to coloring it and it looks very good , the breakage is gone and the texture it good it is just a little thiner but it seems to be growing back. Your hair will get back to what it used to be. Good luck and there is nothing wrong with losing slow it is better than not losing at all. I am losing very slowly but I am still loosing.

I've been banded for three months now, I've only lost 30lbs. but my hair is starting to fall out. Everytime I wash it it looks like I killed a cat in my shower. Granted I have a lot of hair, but I can tell it's getting thinner and I'm a bit concerned. My eating has been healthier, although I don't eat as much red meat as I used to, I do take Omega 3 suppliments and Vitamins regularly. Should I be alarmed, and is there any thing I should be doing.

You need more Protein babes.