Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just banded, need some troopy rally support

Just wanted to let you everyone know that I was banded yesterday in San Antonio with Dr. Patel. He ended having to repair a hugh hiatal hernia (which I had no idea about). So I am in a lot of discomfort... Right about 4 am I was wondering what in the H&%$ I did this to myself for!! My throat hurts, my chest hurts so bad I can hardly breath and of course my stomach hurts so much I can't even stand up straight!

Then I am hungry too!! His post op diet is three solid weeks of clear liquids...

So I know I am whining, but those of you that have been here, done that, let me hear from you. I would appreciate it!

I have school on Monday, so how can I get through the weekend and feel "great" on Monday for school?????

I am only two days ahead of you, which I know means I have very little knowledge of what is to come - but I felt *horrible* on Thursday, and slept most of the afternoon away, but now, I feel pretty good. No, I couldn't run any distance and I can't pick up anything heavy yet, but my energy is coming back and I don't feel completely washed out anymore.

Don't over-do it. If you need to take a light day on Monday, do so, so you recuperate as best you can. And take it very, very easy this weekend. And I hope by Monday you feel as good as I do today.

Just wanted to let you everyone know that I was banded yesterday in San Antonio with Dr. Patel. He ended having to repair a hugh hiatal hernia (which I had no idea about). So I am in a lot of discomfort... Right about 4 am I was wondering what in the H&%$ I did this to myself for!! My throat hurts, my chest hurts so bad I can hardly breath and of course my stomach hurts so much I can't even stand up straight!

Then I am hungry too!! His post op diet is three solid weeks of clear liquids...

So I know I am whining, but those of you that have been here, done that, let me hear from you. I would appreciate it!

I have school on Monday, so how can I get through the weekend and feel "great" on Monday for school?????

My heart goes out to you I'm not yet band but the dr. did give me a heads up that my hernia needed to be repaired. Is there anyway you can just kick back and do NOTHING this weekend... Maybe even miss school on Monday. Are you a teacher or a student? ( Big Hugs)

I was banded on Tuesday and also had a hernia repaired. I also felt the same way, and still do here and there. Most of the time I am glad that I did it. I am feeling better today and look forward to feeling better each day. I think you should skip school and take care of yourself. I had to skip class on Thursday.

Take care

Hey I can sympathize I was banded in August and felt like s### for about a week, then slowly better, by week 3 I felt really good. Now 3 months out and almost half way to my goal..and am ecstatic and so glad I did this. A few days of feeling bad are so worth it.

Just take it one day at a time and do use the pain meds. And get as much rest as you can. The liquid for 3 weeks will go by. Most of us all had to do that. Do exactly what the doctors and nurses say. Don't be temped to eat during this time. It's your stomach and port healing time.

Good luck and believe me it will get better sooner than you think. Hey the pain was worth it when I bought new jeans last week and they were 14 Petite, have not worn that size in 20 plus years.

my surgery was yesterday also i feel real good except i cant takea deep breath or stand up straight lol very very sore fell like i got the crap beat out of me but i am not detured just gonna rest and wait for tomorrow to be better it will be for you to your not alone:eek: