Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It seems different doctors proscribe different diets pre and post op. I'm not sure how difficult your diet is but the time will pass. Remember this is a small sacrifice for a small period of time. Once you have healed and can start to eat more of a regular diet, then you'll feel better, especially once you experience some restriction.

Having said that, this is not a miracle cure and the band is simply a tool. Use it correctly and you will get good results. Remember also, individuals get different results so please resist the urge to compare your progress against that of others.

I too sometimes question my decision to be banded when I get frustrated, but it's usually very brief lapses and at the end of the day, I'm very glad I got the band and I know that I will reach goal.

And this too shall pass.....keep telling your self this!!!! Because it will!!! I was banded August 2008...I have lost 35 pounds. I will keep going and so will you because we have too! This is the best place to go for support too!! You hang in there for all of us! :Dancing_sorry:

You can do this. It is really important to follow your instructions to the best of your ability. Tell yourself, "I can do anything for (fill in the amount of time)." Take it hour by hour or minute by minute if necessary, but decide to just do it. We made it through the tough times, so we know you can, too.

I felt the EXACT same way that you do, just please don't give up. It definitely does get better, you are just going thru what I considered the very hardest part. I am only 2 months out so I am no expert but I have surely been where you are. Just keep doing what you are doing and one day you'll wake up and realize that time has passed and you are losing weight and you'll be on here passing your encouragement on to someone else who's in the same boat. Hugs to you!!

I am 4 days post off, and wonder if I did not make a mistake.

the pain is not bad, however the diet at this point is harder than i thought, some one please tell me it will get better soon.:cool:

i completly understand where you are at i'm about 3 weeks post-op and it does get better as far as the pain as the days go by. by that next week i really felt kind of good. i wasn't in any pain and when i saw how much i lost i was very excited. i was really wanting the liquid phase of the diet to be over also and it became old very fast, so i understand that part also. it's not a mistake and no turning back at this point, so you can't do anything but continue on your journey. they say "No Pain, No Gain", so consider all this pain a huge gain. Please hang in there it does get better by the week

I am 4 days post off, and wonder if I did not make a mistake.

the pain is not bad, however the diet at this point is harder than i thought, some one please tell me it will get better soon.:cool:

Your body is going through so many changes right now and getting use to not overeating anymore. Thoughts of did I make a mistake having this done or not will pop into your head quite a few times. But just remember, you did this for many different reasons. To be healthier, to feel better about youself, a whatever reasons you may have decided to have it done. It does get better, I promise. In the end, you will look back at your first few weeks after having surgery, and think to yourself, I can't believe that I 2nd guessed myself about having this done. Good luck!!

It's stressful aand there definitely is a learning curve. I'm three and a half months out and still working on doing it better... But it does get easier and you find a new normal. Hang in there. :-)

U know I was banded on 5-15-08 and thursday i got my 4th fill. I have 7.5cc's or either 8. lol Whatever the case is, is that i really think I am at the 'sweet spot'. It will take time to get there. It is more mental than anything. I would get pissed off because i couldnt eat something or should i say i wanted to eat something that i know i had no business eating.. i felt bad mentally... it is truly a journey and it is not a quick one that is for sure.. Just don't get frustrated u will have good days and not so good days.. Just know that slow and steady wins the race...

You know I felt the same way. I was miserable on the liquid diet to the point I didn't even want to eat. But let me tell you it does pass that feeling "OMG WHAT THE HELL DID I DO TO MYSELF?!". It went away for me and it will when you see the scale go down. Don't worry every day you will feel better but I know right now it sucks.