Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mourning food already

I too am a bit anxious for my long anticipated surgery. My banding is scheduled for December 11th. Part of me is afraid I'll 'fail' in this journey. Part of me does fear the unknown, the what-do-I-do-without-food-for-comfort. And part of me wonders what will happen with my social life. So many of my social interactions revolve around food - going out to lunch or dinner or a dinner party or a happy hour.

Thanks to everyone for all of your posts. Your success stories are truly encouraging and uplifting. And it is comforting to know so many others are going through the same range of emotions I'm facing.

Best wishes to everyone on this journey. :thumbup:

NO way! Don't sabotage yourself before you even have surgery! You deserve to have everything in this life that you want! Go rent the move the secret....you can get it at block buster, read some books and watch videos of Louise Hay and Ester and Jerry Hicks! You will succeed! :cursing:

I know what some of you mean about switching addictions. My addictions are food, men and shopping! I filed bankrupcy for the 2nd time in July, now I'm having the lp done soon, and I guess I will have to turn to men! But in a more "im 40 now, so don't sleep with eveyrone under the sun" kind of way! :unsure:

There was a gal in the support group that I attended and she has lost around 80 lbs in 8 months with lapband and she said she still eats ANYTHING she wants just a lot less of it. She is very happy with the surgery and her new outlook on herself. Her words stick with me. Take those negative things you hear and throw them away like a used Kleenex. Keep those good comments and suggestions you hear like diamond ring someone gave you! And by all means, connect with this forum! No need to be lonely when we are all in the same boat headed down that same river! We can and we will have a good life!:cursing:

dear Bell I see I was so self absorbed that day i didn't even congratulate and send you wishes on your upcoming surgery in MX! I was going to do MX with Dr. Rumbaut but found a closer place to me. Who is your surgeon and when is your date? thanks again Bell

I am sitting here blown away reading all your responses with Chris' music playing in the background. I just LOVE, love, love your band! My metabolism's been reaved up tonight - your music, lifted me to another better time. Your website incredible. Your words all have inspired me...Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for this incredible show of support.

For a metabolism/spiritual boost go here Chris Cornell | OFFICIAL SITE

In gratitude,

Mar

When are you scheduled with Dr. Ortiz? I have scheduled for Friday after Thanksgiving. It has taken me 2 years to get here and convince my husband that I have to do this. Exited and nervous but sick of aches and pains in my knees and back!

This may be a duplicate message if so I apologize. I included Chris Cornell's web address and may have been cut.

I am sitting her listening to Chris' amazing music in the background while reading all of the most inspiring, thoughtful, honest, wisdom filled words I've probably ever read personally! My heart is bursting now from all your support. For those who have not been banded yet, I wish you all the wonderful things that you have waiting for you that you so much deserve. Those banded ..thank you for your excellent advice. It is great we can all support each other.

in gratitude

Mar

Currently reading Martha Beck's Steering by Starlight: Find Your Right Life, No Matter What! Funny brilliant girl she is. On my fifth read of Eckhart Tolle Power of NOw. Recently really feeling the magic of keeping an eye on the mind and not letting it run away with negative hogwash.