Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i'm scared

i was banded in april of this year. i have 7cc's in my band, and have been doing pretty well with restriction since i have 7ccs.

but sometime last week all of a sudden i had no restriction whatsoever. i just feel weird like my band slipped. i already set up an appointment for the 25th, but i just need to vent.

i was self-pay, so i'm keeping myself up at night worried that my band slipped and i will have no money to pay for another one. also, that i am still paying for this one. how heartbreaking would it be to pay for something i no longer have.

maybe it's just my me being too worried, but it's almost like i can tell something is wrong. i hope it's not the case, but it's killing me waiting like this.

anyway, thanks for reading if you did.

If a band slips, lack of restriction is not usually a sign. It is usually the opposite where you have difficulty eating and nothing goes down properly to the point where you may not even be able to ingest Water.

I wouldn't worry about a slip. However, when you go for the appointment, have the doctor check the volume you currently have in your band to make sure there isn't a leak.

It might not be a problem at all. Sometimes when you lose fat around your stomach, you are a lot looser. Perhaps if you just got a fill in the very recent past, it just loosened up with time. These things definitely happen.

Best thing for now is not to stress and try to maintain a healthy diet. You will feel better once you see the doctor.

thank you for your comment. i'm working on not stressing right now. also, i'm feeling a dull chest pain when i breathe in deeply. so that's also scaring me.

it's just strange from going from restriction and then the next day i could eat two chicken enchiladas, and a side order of rice and Beans, as well as chips and guacamole. i didn't eat the entire meal, but i ate a good portion of each. of course that wasn't the healthiest of meals, but i rarely eat like that. it was just a stressful day.

thanks again! i wish my appointment were sooner.

Just as an FYI, my doc told me that a complete loss of restriction OR total restriction is a possible sign of a slipped band. Severe reflux often accompanies this. I'm praying it is nothing. Hang in there.

I heard that a complete loss of restriction could be a sign too. The weird thing is i've lost more weight now that I have less restriction. Today I ate something way too fast and felt restriction, but no pb'ing. So i'm not sure what is going on. Usually when i would eat something too fast I would be throwing it back up right away.

I'm still leaning more towards a slip, it's just what my mind is telling me. :Dancing_sorry:

well i just got back from my appointment. they said my band is fine, and i got a 1cc fill, bringing me to a total of 8cc in a 10cc band. sheesh.

the nurse said the barium went down fine, but to come back in a month to make sure my pouch hasn't expanded. i guess she wasn't able to tell then?

so i guess i'm not as scared anymore. i do know that i will be very conscious of what i eat and how fast i eat. i can't seem to get that down still.

i still have a weird pain in my chest, and i've also lost 8 pounds in two weeks. weird!

i've been on liquids for four days, and since i had a fill, i will be on liquids for another 2, then mushies for the following two days.

anyway, thanks for listening.