Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm starving and I have just had a fill!!

I find myself in a bizarre circumstance!

I had my second fill Tuesday and have actually been hungrier post fill than I was before the fill!!! Now I only got 0.5ccs put in so I am not expecting better restriction but it is weird how hungry I have been, even today when I am back to eating normally!!! I could eat and eat and eat!! Be interesting to see tomorrows weigh in!

Me too - I had a teeny top up today. I have worked hard to get off the 4lb I'd gained over the past two weeks and today I didnt want a fill on a full stomach so had a liquid Breakfast. Then I had a smoothie for lunch and I blended up a very small dinner of a lamb loin chop, broccoli and sweet potato - literally half a cup. Went down fine but I"m not wanting to push it. I've been out for an hour's run and now I'm absolutely STARVING. Its nearly 9pm here I guess I'll have a coffee and go to bed.

Roheryn, It took me until my 3rd fill to get any meaningful restriction. And even then my restriction fluctuates a lot. Some days I can only eat a cup or so of food and I'm full, other days I could eat at least triple that.

Two days ago I had a Subway salad and after that was done had several chicken strips because I was still hungry. Yesterday I had the same kind of Subway salad and could only eat 1/3 of it and I was full.

I think the most frustrating period is between 1 week post op and finding your "sweet spot."

Brad

And miss out on BONES Jachut ...No WAY! :thumbup:

sleep schmeep! :thumbup:

Brad I just find it bizarre as I had ok restriction Before that, I mean i could still eat a bit but was able to last longer between meals now I want to eat all the time!! Hopefully I will be over this hunger soon!

I have also found that the amount I can eat really fluctuates. I wonder when you hit your sweet spot if that is the case. I go from eating 1/2 cup one day and forcing it down to being able to eat close to 2 cups the next. Very frustrating.

I get my 3rd fill on Friday - I think I am getting close, but who knows!

so glad i'm not the only one that feels this way. i swear it makes no sense in the grand scheme of things...and it's messing with my mind. i marvel at how i too can eat the same thing on two different days and one day not finish it and the other still want more to eat. i have only had one fill so far and i'm three months out from surgery...i think when i go back in december i'm going to see about getting another fill.

I think it must happen to a lot of us. After my last fill, I could have sworn he accidentally took some OUT because I felt less restricted than I did before I went in. Then this last two days, I'm back to feeling restricted and have lost another 1/2 kilo. Go figure!

Another thought I had is that I am coming up on that TOM...I always get the munchies/increased hunger in the lead up to it....so it could just be unlucky timing for having the fill!:tongue2:

Well I'm experiencing the same. I have 3 cc's in my band but I am surprised with how much I can still eat. Also my hunger comes back quickly. For example I stopped at chick-fil-a and ate only 8 nuggets (only 260 calories) and a few fries and about 2.5 hours later I started feeling hungry again. I think this is mainly why my weight loss has slowed down to .5lbs a week. I'm hoping my 3rd fill will keep the hunger off and I start losing faster, but it will be a few more weeks until I get my next fill.

I felt weird after a mouthful of my Oatbrits this morning......maybe it is kicking in!

Well we'll see....now off to mow the lawns