Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Confirmed Leak

My band is leaking. Anyone else have this issue? Anyone have their port replaced?

I am scared to have my port replaced and still never find restriction. :) Feel like I have been a freaking diet forever.

I am sorry to hear that. The sooner you get it replaced the better. Not having restriction is a diet . . . and that really sucks.

Do you know why the leak may have happened? How soon can you get the port replaced?

I am thinking it was a puncture from a fill. No way to know for sure until it is taken out and looked at. Even then it may be impossible to tell.

I did schedule the port replacement. I am *crossing fingers* that I will FINALLY feel restriction once I am re-healed and can go in for a fill.

I am thinking it was a puncture from a fill. No way to know for sure until it is taken out and looked at. Even then it may be impossible to tell.

I did schedule the port replacement. I am *crossing fingers* that I will FINALLY feel restriction once I am re-healed and can go in for a fill.

I see your port replacement got postponed. What happened? Do you know when you will get it replaced?

I see your port replacement got postponed. What happened? Do you know when you will get it replaced?
Well it appears that my band is now holding Fluid. No idea why, but the fill my Dr gave me to "hold me over" until the procedure actually stuck. I had restriction. so on Tuesday instead of doing the replacement he checked and nearly all the fluid was still there. So we are waiting to see how it goes. He thinks it may have been a snall gap between the hard and soft rubber on the port that sealed itself????

Well it appears that my band is now holding Fluid. No idea why, but the fill my Dr gave me to "hold me over" until the procedure actually stuck. I had restriction. so on Tuesday instead of doing the replacement he checked and nearly all the Fluid was still there. So we are waiting to see how it goes. He thinks it may have been a snall gap between the hard and soft rubber on the port that sealed itself????

That seems so crazy that it would repair itself, but thank goodness for no new surgeries. Is there any chance that the doctor may have missed the port on the earlier fill?

As long as the fluid is checked each time, it sounds like you should be good. It helps to be back on the losing track once again. Are you feeling any restriction at this fill level?

That seems so crazy that it would repair itself, but thank goodness for no new surgeries. Is there any chance that the doctor may have missed the port on the earlier fill?

As long as the Fluid is checked each time, it sounds like you should be good. It helps to be back on the losing track once again. Are you feeling any restriction at this fill level?

I too am wondering if he might have just missed it during the fill. Just because I didn't feel ANY restriction and I was suppossedly at 8cc's. I just don't see that much leaking out that quickly and then now it is sticking. On Wednesday I was so tight on 7cc's I had to have some backed out. I didn't experience any of that when I was at 8cc.

Whatever the reason I am relieved to finally have restriction. I am at around 6.2cc's right now and it is a good level. I am still experimenting with how much I can eat or not. I seem to stay satisfied on around 3/4 cup of food. So far so good. Took me a LONG time to get here, hope it sticks around!

Thanks for your support and feedback.

Hey Adorkable, I haven't been on lately because I've been busy with school so I just read about your leak issues. I'm glad to hear that you may not actually have a leak. I had a leak in my band that we found in August and I had my band replaced at the end of September. I'm starting to learn what real restriction is now almost a year after surgery.

Considering you hadn't had good restriction this whole time, losing 70lbs+ is amazing! I hope you don't have to have another surgery and that the restriction will help you continue to lose weight! Good luck!

Hey Adorkable, I haven't been on lately because I've been busy with school so I just read about your leak issues. I'm glad to hear that you may not actually have a leak. I had a leak in my band that we found in August and I had my band replaced at the end of September. I'm starting to learn what real restriction is now almost a year after surgery.

Considering you hadn't had good restriction this whole time, losing 70lbs+ is amazing! I hope you don't have to have another surgery and that the restriction will help you continue to lose weight! Good luck!

Thanks missy. Sorry about your re-banding. Wow that would really put me over the edge. Glad to see you finally have things heading the right direction for you also!

So far so good for me, I am definately experiencing restriction. Frustrating how some things go down no problem, and others cause all sorts of havoc. I figured out tonight rice is not my friend. :blush: