Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

my appointment with Dr. V

Had my appointment with Dr. Voellinger today. He was very nice and anwsered all my questions not that I had nearly as many left after pumping you all for information over the last couple of months. :) All my test are done except the psych appointment...and everyone knows my grumblings on that one ...hehehe. I mentioned the lapband support group that Kim asked about and he thinks its great. He said how great Kim is doing too. (Kim....The doctor was bragging on you :). )

Well off with the family to the movies.

Melissa

Yay Melissa! So glad it all went well...are you ready?!!! Get that pesky Psych eval done and over with, it's coming!!! Can't wait for you to get your band date!!

I am go happy for you....One step closer has to make you feel good. When do you go for the test?

Stop you are making blush...hehe. I am just determined to make this work for me. I want to be one of the ones that losses all my weight with the band not the 75% and I know I can do it with the support you, Kathy, Angie and everyone else on here.

I should loss a good amount of weight this week...I am fighting strep throat, ear infection, & Sinus infection. Yeah me....I have been in bed alot well when I am not working. UGH! My throat is so raw I feel like I am on the liquid diet again. :-(

TTYL...have a good eveing...

Kim, I hope you are feeling better! Way to go Melissa! I am so happy for you. Hopefully you can get this ball rolling with the pshyc. When you go to him stress that this is the last piece of your puzzle and you need him to work as fast as he can to get the results over to Dr. V. How are you doing Kathy? I hope all is well since you got some saline taken out.

I went to the Nutritionist yesterday and I have lost 17.2 pounds. My neighbors scale is on my nerves so I wont get back on hers. lol But I was able to eat an egg last night. It was soooo good! I have had an egg so far today with 2 saltine crackers with reduced fat Peanut Butter. I will then have some refried Beans for lunch, and who knows what for dinner. But I was told I could have eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt, oatmeal, Beans, low fat milk, 1/2 slice of calorie lite whole wheat bread, and high Protein Soups and I can have 3 ounces of them! :) and She said I can have Mozarella string cheese too. so very exciting to be able to eat!!!!! :) OK, I need to go five kids are keeping me busy. TTYS!

Angie

Hi I'm back! Glad to hear you appointment went well Melissa. While I was away my husband took a message from Dr. V's office saying that everything was in! I'm not sure if they have sent everything to the insurance company yet or not. I hate to bother them, but I may call them or drop by this week and find out exactly what they said.

Out of site out of mind. I havent really thought much about the surgery this week. I have been getting nervous about the thought of being sick alot. Is it horrible I want to die sick?

Any plans on getting together? I have one person interested in joining a therapy support group with me, run by a counselor who has been there done that!

Hey Melissa, did Dr.V give you a time frame for the date?

None at all, just reminded me that I will learn patience. LOL But as it is now I won't see they psych till august 1st...so dr. V's won't have all of their needed stuff until after that. :(

Right now I haven't though about it much, been reading harry potter....but when that is gone I'm sure the obssession will come back! LOL

Btw, have we decided when we are doing our next meeting. My husband does computer work for a hair person, and he is trading his services for hubby's. LOL So going to go in and get a total overall on the old mop. I'm a little frightened because I told him he could do anything to it he wanted except go pixie cut short! Anyway now that Diane is back maybe a date can be decided...even if we still work out a location :).

Melissa

Hey Melissa, I can give you Debbie's information and you could probably have your phyc taken care of this week!.. She's great! Let me know if you want her info.

So you don't obsess I was feeling bad because I really didn't think of it at all while I was gone! Which makes me wonder if I'm really ready? Is this normal, not to think about it alot and to be scared of getting sick to much and hating that I did it afterwards? Rambling time sorry, just nervous.

Good luck with the new doo.

Ah, my insurance requires I see this one. So guess I'll wait it out. Only 2 more weeks now...and maybe they will work me in? We can always hope :(.

Melissa

Hello Everyone - I'm a newbee on this site and so happy Kim gave me this website. Dr. V is also my surgeon. I'm playing the waiting game right now - the nutritionist has to send her report in (slacker). Then my insurance wait begins. I know I'm all over the place - just glad to be here.

Starr

Alright another Charlotte bander! We are sure growing. Welcome to the site and hopefully you can join us in August when we meet at Ruby Tuesday off of Arrowood Rd. Let us know and we will give you all the information.

Welcome Star,

How exciting to have another one!

I still haven't heard anything from Dr.V's office, but I did email Bobbi this morning for the first time.

Kim how long did it take them to give you your date after your ok? Also what all happens next?

Melissa, how's the hair?

Dianne, I want to say that is was less then a week when she called me. Now when she called she had an opening within 2 weeks. Oh course my boss wouldn't let me have it then so I had to wait. So be prepared when she calls. You could have to start your liquid diet right then. Now with that said the other nurse she has to work with to schedule is on vacation so she could be a little behind. I was suppose to have a fill last week and it's not even scheduled yet. Ok so once you have the date you will have a pre-op appt where I met with Dr. V and his assistant. That appt took a little while. Then you have surgery, you will be in there over night. You will have test in radiology the next morning where you have to swallow this nasty stuff and if everything is ok, you can start your broth. Then you will have a post op appt with Dr. V about 2 weeks out. You stomach will be swallon at first so it want take much to feel you up...but for me by now, I am pretty much open. I hope this helps....hopefully you want have your surgery the week are suppose to meet....but if you do we will schedule something again...hopefully Dr. V's office will have theirs going back in Sept.

Sorry so long winded but I tired to keep it short....

So Melissa where is that new do? Do you like it? I can't wait to see it.

So Star have you found any helpful information out here? I told you everyone is wonderful here. I hope you can still join in Aug. There are quite a few of us going through Dr. V.

Oh Kim thank you so much that is exactly what I needed to hear! I have already stopped taking my celebrax and no more advil.

I haven't started the execising much yet. Just crunches and trying to walk more when I go places. It's been a bit to hot to do the outside walk thing.

gtg now there all yelling at me to come watch a movie with them...lol...Have a good night.