Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Questions for the experienced!

This is the list I have ready for my banding on the 28th:

heating pad

flexible ice pack

liquid tylenol (they make adult strength)

chewalbe or liquid gas-x

a few books or movies

comfy clothes (loose waisted shorts or jumpers)

squishy pillow for car ride (guard against seatbelt)

a sports bra (doc said no underwire for a few days)

protien shakes

flavored Water

make sure you have a good blender

I bought a drink mixer for the protien mix (cost $10 at walmart)

broth or stuff to make broth

sugarfree popsicles and Jello

sugar free gum (ask your doctor)

sugar free breathmints (ask your doctor)

*Ask at your pre-op for the pain med prescription so you can have it all ready to go when you get home, our walgreens has to order liquid pain meds and it takes 3 days to get them.

I was thinking of doing this for my family when I have my surgery. Could you tell me what kind of meals you made and froze?

Hi stevie,

I did basic stuff, like meatloaf in small aluminium bread tins, spaghetti sauce, vegetable fritatta, lasagna. Pretty much any kind of baked caserole type dish will turn out okay like that.

Hi Mandy,

I have been making a shopping list to prepare ahead of time too. I added the things from your list that I was missing. Here are a few things I have on my list that you don't.

Protein drops that state "contains all essential amino acids"

Crystal Light

juice (100% fruit juice, sugar free, or low sugar)

Mederma or scar strips

Tums (have calcium)

Baby prunes or unsweetened prune juice (to help with Constipation following surgery)

I ordered some samples from unjury for Protein drinks. They let you get up to five samples. The samples arrived in 2 days and they sent a packet of recipes. I got the information about Unjury from others here at LBT, many told me it was the best.

www.UNJURY.com

Thanks again to everyone for their suggestions! I've made notes and will start gathering! Thanksfully, my husband is great in the kitchen, so that won't be a problem...Can you have Jello (gelled?) as a "clear liquid"?

While I am at it I am going to post the list I have for "mushies" because those already banded will tell me what else I could add or if I have something on there I shouldn't.

I am one of those people who wants to be prepared ahead of time. :rolleyes

Mushies

Malt O Meal or Cream of Wheat

oatmeal

eggs

Mashed Potatoes

Peanut Butter

sugar free pudding

Applesauce

Refried Beans

Low carb Yogurt smoothie drinks

Yogurt

Semi Solids

Deli cuts of meat

cheese (+ string cheese)

Canned tuna and chicken

Protein drops that state "contains all essential amino acids"

Okay....tell me a little bit about Protein drops......is this something you can use to add protein to things? I would guess so. So...is there a brand you recommend? Where do you find them? I'm interested.

Thanks in advance.

I thought I would make sure to pick some up so I could make sure I get the required Protein each day.

Good thought....I want to check this out.

Thanks for the info and congrats on your surgery date!