Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2008 Slow Losers

I do the same thing, one week I will lose nothing and the next I will lose 3 or 4 pounds. It seems like I don't lose anything the week of my period and the week after.

Hi Everyone. Not been on for awhile, vacation, virus, all the "v" things. I´ve been feeling down a bit as well.

My uncle who had surgery 2 months after me has now lost 100 pounds. HUH? Ran into a fellow bander who was banded in October and has lost more than me too.

Before surgery I had lost about 30 and was at a stand still. I´ve lost over 40 since surgery. I wonder if because I had lost some before if that´s why I´m not losing as fast now.

I´m faithful about exercise too. 5-7 times a week. I walk, and do DVD´s, and my brothers Wiifit. I seem to be losing inches, and when I look at old pictures there is a huge difference, but what does it take to make that scale go down??? A quick hurl down a flight of stairs?

yes im here too! since may 5th '08 im down to 240 from 286 we will get there we just gotta keep on pushin! :cursing:

Okay, I'm bumping the thread. I too am a slow loser. Part of it is that I don't exercise like I should. I try to walk 2-3 miles a day. That just doesn't always happen. I need to get back into the gym (mine closed) but I may be moving and don't want to sink a whole bunch of money into something when I may not be able to use it. And the eating is going right back to where it used to be. Not the how much but the what. It is just so much easier to eat what everyone else is eating. Now I am going to go to the store, buy some grapefruit and take that 3 mile walk!:biggrin:

Hi, I am a slow loser also. I seem to gain and loss 5 pounds. I know one of my big problems is not exercising. One of the things I have noticed is since I have quit taking my diabetes medications and my blood pressure pills, I get plugged up and retain Water like crazy. I haven't reached my sweet spot yet. I can still eat more than a cup of food. I was so bummed reading how others have lost so much that I quit coming to this site. Now, I am back and glad to see these postings. :biggrin:

Hi fellow slow losers. Glad I found you all! I've been struggling with gaining back weight! Discouraging to say the least! I was banded on May 14 and as of early Nov. had lost 45 lbs, which I've now gained about 20 of that back! OMG! Falling into the old habits, eating the wrong things, and amazingly being able to eat things that the 'team,' the doctor, the books said that 'you won't be able to eat!' Frustration is setting in and taking hold! I am not even really trying during this holiday season because I know that I am not strong enough to stay away from some of the sweets & savory foods that we usually only eat once or twice a year! Yes, all that money spend for this Band and now, I feel like I am back to square one! Mercy!

I guess 45 lbs. in 5 months was not too bad or a loss, but as with all things, of course I wanted to loss more! I have type II diabetes, knees are both shot needing total knee replacement thus keeping me from being as mobile as I need & want to be. I have protruding discs in my lower back and they are pressing on a nerve, which is causing me indescribable pain and leading to surgery at some point. Mercy me. But I still have to get some of this weight off! Okay, thanks for the listening ears!

Happy Holidays to you all, in spite of it all....we'll get there....one day at time!

8_2_100.gif 8_2_85v.gif Hi Anita. I was banded on May 13, 2008. I have lost 44 lbs so far. It sounds like you need a fill. I would get one asap. Please don't give up. You can do this. It is ok to have some of the goodys we have at holiday times, just don't overdo it. What I have found out is that if I treat myself with a little bit I don't go crazy trying to stay away from it. Then I don't overindulge when I get it. I'm not saying this is a perfect solution, it's not. I have gone overboard, just not as often or as much as I used to. Good luck Anita. Keep us posted please. May God bless you.

Merry Christmas.

Paula

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZRxdm609NVUS

I wouldn't worry too much about the extra weight you have put back on. It is very hard to lose this time of year. I'm not even really trying to lose right now, I'm just trying to maintain. I'm sure after the hoildays we will get back on track.

Howdy ladies how is everyone doing? I have been stuck at 220 for about 2 wks now so I know what ya'll mean about the plateau..I also have issues with that...it seems I plateau after a fill then a few wks later start losing again. Its frustrating as hell. I have found that raw cookie dough makes me sick and I cant eat Cookies..but I can eat other things..since aunt flow arrived this month my band has been super tight..hope it lasts since flow left...Just tonite I had to take sinus pills and that was about 2 hrs ago and they are making me sick now..I couldnt take them both at once becuz the one I took first got stuck..so i had to drink and drink to get it to go down and then take the other one. I havent been able to get to the gym since hubby left for Iraq becuz i cant trust my son to be home by himself to do his schoolwork since he got expelled from high school.I dont want to take him to the gym with me becuz that is MY TIME!!! My sanctuary...my time to relax and enjoy myself and feel good...cant do that with him becuz he stresses me out to the max and angers the hell outta me...so anyway good luck over the holiday season and we'll kick our butts into gear after the new yr...

blessings

dolphin :tongue_smilie:

I gained back half a pound this week and I am not happy. But I am not surprised. All I have been eating is junk. People just keep bring sweets into the office at work. It is very hard this time of year. Right after Christmas I plan on hitting the treadmill hard.

I found myself reading this thread with very similar thoughts. All of a sudden I wanted to smack myself! We are all COMPLAINING about losing 30, 50, and 70 pounds in 7 months! When was the last time you lost that amount of weight? I know it has been a long time since I lost it. We should all be proud of ourselves and determined to keep going and not look back. We are all very different, but have a common goal-and that is to be healthy. Many of us have been eating the wrong things or not exercising, myself included. Holidays or no holidays--it is time to get back on track. Waiting until after the holidays is just another excuse and another door back into old habits. So, let's turn this thread around. Instead of complaining about how little we have lost, let us encourage each other to dust ourselves off and keep going. You all gave me the motivation to start exercising first thing tomorrow morning! Thanks :tongue_smilie: