Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band Newbie. DOS 10-22-08

Hello Friends,

My Name is Rida. I waited a whole year to get banded. Wasn't sure if I wanted to do it. On my 31st bday I weighed 287 lbs @ 5'7" and was extremely tired of the weight. So my journey begins. I got banded on October 22, 2008. I am on week 4 post-op. I hope to follow fellow banders with the same surgery date. I am also a fillmmaker, writer and screenwriter. I hope to post more here and share my own experiences.

I am afraid to weigh myself. I have anxiety with that kind of stuff. Always have. I know my clothes are looser and my family keeps on telling my face is getting skinnier. I will weight a whole month to weigh myself.

I am really happy for everyone who has started this journey. I really hated it when my skinny friends told me I was pretty, and I didn't need this. My reply, "Why don't you add an extra 100 pounds to your body and see how it is."

It's not vanity. I have never been thin. I have this sincere desire to hike, ride bikes, surf, and be more ready to participate and not have my weight be an excuse anymore. We all deserve to be the best and healthiest versions of ourselves.

So here's to positive updates, encouragement, and a blessed journey to our best selves.

With love,:D

Rida

Hi Rida,

I had surgery 10-30. I must confess I'm not sticking to post-op so well...eating most things pretty well. I've been weighing myself daily unfortunately...but have lost 9 lbs so far. I'm in the Dallas area also. Congratulations on your surgery. Best of luck!

Shari

Thanks for the reply Shari! Best of Luck to you too! Hey, losing 9 lbs is better than gaining 9 lbs. Right?

I am little apprehensive about my first fill. I have now just started to feel a little hungrier. The mushy food phase ends this week.

I also gave up smoking before surgery. And 3 weeks later, I am starting to feel the effects of nicotine withdrawal.

But, nothing is ever easy. Somethings are worth the effort :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches