Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anybody else experiance this?

Hi guys,

As you know i'm newly banded (on November 3rd). I noticed something today and that is ,I think i'm dehydrated because I don't feel the need to go pee at all and when I do it's very little.

I'm not sure what do at this point,It seems like i'm drinking Water off and on all day but why would this happen all of a sudden?

I have this fear though that if I drink too much water at a time,that will be bad so I guess i'm at fault for being dehydrated. Any suggestions? Thank you all!!

If I am retaining Water due to my cycle, I stop peeing like crazy during this time. Sodium intake can make you retain water as well. It would be REALLY hard to overdose on water. Your body will tell you when to stop.

Make sure you are sipping Water all day. It is easy to get dehydrated. Because you can't drink large gulps or down a water bottle, you need to have water at hand at all times. That is something I had to get used to. I used to drink a lot of water pre-banding, but it would be in short bursts. I have learned to drink most of the day, between meals to make sure I am getting it all in.

You just need to keep sipping all day. I have noticed over time that when I am not drinking enough Water my weight loss stalls. I have to drink to keep losing.

Actually with my APL lap band I could drink Water normally from as soon as they'd let me have it in recovery. It didn't hurt my band because I had no restriction yet (no fills...just "prime" that they have in there for surgery) and wasn't swollen, or at least not enough to restrict my drinking.

Make sure you get 64 oz a day in at least. If you don't feel restriction or "full" with sips, try maybe one regular sized "swallow" and see if that goes down.

If in doubt, always call your doctor! I too was told to sip but my surgeon told them to go ahead and give me a nice big glass of iced Water in post op and let me drink it at my pace, which I did....I was so thirsty it was like nectar or something!

After being banded, I was so thirsty but had a hard time taking more than a sip. As of today I can drink almost normal.

I would suggest keeping an eye on the color of your urine. If it's dark yellow, it's an indication that you need more Water.

I also keep a bottle of Water by me all day and continually drink.

One last thing, I was banded on 11-4 and just yesterday the color of my urine was a light yellow even though I had drank at least 64 ounces of water each day.

Keeping yourself hydrated is very important...:D

Hang in there and keep a bottle by your side. :unsure:

G

This is a good lesson for when you are banded later on... Drinking is a REALLY good thing. Why? I learned the hard way. For some people, when they get dehydrated, their stoma thickens (I know, sounds contradictory, but it is true!)... Why care? A thicker stoma means MORE restriction. I got myself into a bad predicament where I was dehydrated, couldn't eat cause I was so restricted, and thus PBing a ridiculous amount... The PBing makes your stoma swell, also. It was a vicious cycle. And so I was even having a hard time to drink. It was horrible, and I could not get the dehydration under control. I couldn't eat, and around and around I went for 3 weeks until I FINALLY got the fluids in...

I'm with ya! I drink enough Water during the day, but just don't pee nearly as much as I did pre-band. It's really wierd, and has me a little worried at times. I go in for my checkup on Thursday and that is one of my questions for my Dr. I am now 2-1/2 weeks post op and still having this issue.

I would call the doctor since you are newly banded. I couldn't drink much after surgery and wasn't going a lot either. I was stubborn and waited until my follow up appointment and found I was dehydrated and had to go to the hospital and get 4 liters of Fluid by IV. It turned out that I had an allergic reaction to the antibiotics given to me pre and post operatively. Not only was I dehydrated, but I developed the most horrible rash that darn near drove me crazy. If I had called sooner, they may have been able to diagnose it and therefore evaded the rash and dehydration.